give marines a personality

Now that the vga’s are over I think we should actualy focus on halo 4 now. Anyways back on topic I think that halo 4 should give marines more of a personality because if you look at CE/CEA the marines talk alot more and are almost all different because some have different accents, some have different facial features (CEA in praticular) some have boonie hats, some have different colour armor, some have helmets and other don’t and etc but in halo 3 all the marines look the same and it takes away the small feeling of being with different soilders not A.I’s so what do you guys think of giving marines different personalities and looks in halo 4

I’m fine with them having different looks, but you’re in some type of denial if you think the Marines talked more in CE / CEA.

In Halo 1, they had about 2,000 - 3,000 lines of unique combat dialogue. In Halo 2, it skyrocketed to 14,000.

Source.

What I mean’t was in ce almost all the marines in a group sounded different but I’m not sure about halo 2 (didn’t play it that much) but if they did talk alot then let me know it is just I never really played the halo 2 campaign so I didn’t know about the amount of dialouge but the point is that marines need to look and talk different then the marine next to them

more jackals in the courtyard
less undifferentiated marines

I’d prefer the main characters to be fleshed out and have character development than the random marines. I thought every single member of Noble Team had zero personality and back story. It made them so uninteresting and there was no attachment to them at all. I was not moved by any of their deaths.

Seeing as 343 is going to go deeper into Master Chief’s personality so we get to know more about him, I can expect in Halo 4 that we could be seeing other characters with more depth in their personalities than previous Halo games. Surely I can’t wait what 343 has in-store for us in the coming months leading to Halo 4’s release.

i totally agree with PersonifiedHell noble team was too flat and distant the only one that had seem like they had real emotion was jorge i mean cuz everyone else was like ill military hardass on you

> I’m fine with them having different looks, but you’re in some type of denial if you think the Marines talked more in CE / CEA.
>
> In Halo 1, they had about 2,000 - 3,000 lines of unique combat dialogue. In Halo 2, it skyrocketed to 14,000.
>
> Source.

And I read in a gaming magazine that in Halo 3, it had over 30.000. But still, I agree with OP about their looks.

maybe there could be a group of marines that Chief ends up fighting with a good portion of the game,like Reach,but a lot more in-depth to there personality.Instead of marines wearing standard armor and mostly caucasian skinned,and dying the first few seconds they get fired at and being cannon fodder,they should be almost as important caharacters as chief,taking the personality spot that was left when Johnson died

totally agree Angel on my shoulder there should be a group of marines that are actualy part of the story but don’t you still think that marines should look and sound different because I’m not asking for a complete story behind the marines but I still would like if 343 spent more times on different voices and looks so they can look and sound different but they don’t need a story behind them

> but in halo 3 all the marines look the same

I wouldn’t say that. Some had radio backpacks. Some had goggles. Not all of them had helmets.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Yeah I used to care for the Marines