Give it the ultimate treatment

I’m sure some of you out there are aware that Smash Bros Ultimate is being reported to include every character that’s ever been in a smash bros game.

I think Halo Infinite should go the same route in a sense, and incorporate every weapon iteration the franchise has ever had (possibly vehicles too ). I DON’T think, they should all be thrown into matchmaking just for the heck of it, but rather available in forge, and used contextually during different social playlists and custom games.

They could all be made available in warzone though. Much like the Halo CE Pistol, and Halo 2 (Anniversary) BR, just bring them into the game performing the same as they did in their games of origin. Even with the same models, animations, and sounds as their origin game.

I think this would be the best way to make old and new fans happy, as custom games and rotational playlists could be tailored to recreate old game play as well as modern game play.

The biggest barrier to this would be deciding how to handle duel wielding weapons, and importing models and sounds to function on the new engine. I think it would be well worth the effort with the shear variety of game play styles that would be available through the combination of the weapon sandbox and forge.

Thoughts?

343: You’re hired!

Not just the sandbox, but they could also add all the enemies from every Halo in Firefight and let us use different characters to play as like the Arbiter, Sgt Johnson, Buck, Sgt Palmer, etc.

I do hope duel wielding returns, that was a blast.

> 2533274826044245;4:
> I do hope duel wielding returns, that was a blast.

I’m torn on duel wielding. I think it worked really really well in H3, but wasn’t a fan of how the weapon sandbox balanced it in H2.

I would prefer equipment pickups a la Halo 3 style before duel wielding, if 343 runs into a situation where they can only include one of the two. As long as the equipment is treated like a pickup, and balanced in the same sense as power weapons and OS/Camo pickups. This approach still keeps equal starts, and emphasis on map control, which are both the heart of Halo MP (imo).

> 2614366390849210;5:
> > 2533274826044245;4:
> > I do hope duel wielding returns, that was a blast.
>
> I’m torn on duel wielding. I think it worked really really well in H3, but wasn’t a fan of how the weapon sandbox balanced it in H2.
>
> I would prefer equipment pickups a la Halo 3 style before duel wielding, if 343 runs into a situation where they can only include one of the two. As long as the equipment is treated like a pickup, and balanced in the same sense as power weapons and OS/Camo pickups. This approach still keeps equal starts, and emphasis on map control, which are both the heart of Halo MP (imo).

Yeah I almost forgot about equipment pickups. They were fun to use & not OP, but could be crucial if used right.

No thanks. More is not always better. The req arnsenal in this game is living proof that complexity may advantage the developer in that it’s a money maker, but it doesn’t advantage the game play. Adding even more weapons - everything from any ancient Halo title ever made - will only make it worse. For customs it would be okay, but not for warzone. Warzone is already enough of a -Yoink- storm.

> 2533274873843883;7:
> No thanks. More is not always better. The req arnsenal in this game is living proof that complexity may advantage the developer in that it’s a money maker, but it doesn’t advantage the game play. Adding even more weapons - everything from any ancient Halo title ever made - will only make it worse. For customs it would be okay, but not for warzone. Warzone is already enough of a -Yoink- storm.

We may have differing opinions on the req weapons in warzone. I love the huge variety available, and how there’s a weapon for pretty much every niche you can think of. The main thing I would change, is getting rid of redundant weapons of the same level, when one is clearly better (i.e. shotgun and lawgiver).

I think the biggest problem with warzone is how vehicles are treated. When one team starts pulling out 1-3 banshees, a couple ghosts, and a couple tanks/mantis, that’s when steam rolls occur.