Give it a go.

Many players are under the impression that Halo 4 will bring Halo back in the MLG/competitive scene. But, this isn’t going to happen unless you, yes you, try it out.

On Reach nobody was willing to just give MLG a go even though they could rant about Vanilla Reach for hours and hours. The MLG playlist on Reach is as good as Reach is ever gonna get yet nobody gives it a second thought. Why? Well I don’t know.

So, when you’re disappointed with Vanilla Halo 4 or just get bored one day, go and play Halo 4 MLG. Trust me, it’ll be fun p, help you improve and help keep Halo alive.

I enjoy that playlist, but its barebones…it would be boring after a while.

nah, i would much prefer true competitive.

Doesn’t matter if random play MLG or not. If the “pro” a.k.a the one who have time to play tournament aren’t interested and nobody is there to take the torch / or MLG doesn’t make enough money out of the event. Halo will never be back on the MLG/Competitive Scene.

> Doesn’t matter if random play MLG or not. If the “pro” a.k.a the one who have time to play tournament aren’t interested and nobody is there to take the torch / or MLG doesn’t make enough money out of the event. Halo will never be back on the MLG/Competitive Scene.

That’s the thing. If randoms play the playlist they’re more likely to watch events, go to them, spread the word and just keep communities active. All if which will make money for MLG. There will always be pros who are interested. If they’re not interested then they’re not a pro anymore. A new pro will just take their place.

> nah, i would much prefer true competitive.

Wut?

While MLG does deliver very fast, competitive gameplay, it is very restrictive when it comes to usable sandbox elements. I like a varied sandbox and as such MLG becomes very repetitive and boring after a few games.

H3 MLG was the most fun, especially CTF variants. IMO Reach’s was awful - can you say grenade spam?

I wouldn’t consider myself a competitive player, so I’d rather play social games.

> While MLG does deliver very fast, competitive gameplay, it is very restrictive when it comes to usable sandbox elements. I like a varied sandbox and as such MLG becomes very repetitive and boring after a few games.
>
> H3 MLG was the most fun, especially CTF variants. IMO Reach’s was awful - can you say grenade spam?
>
> I wouldn’t consider myself a competitive player, so I’d rather play social games.

I agreed that Reach’s MLG was -Yoink- up until V6. Reach’s MLG at its current state (V7) is better than Halo 3’s MLG IMO. And with these new Arena games out , MLG is a lot more diverse.

> > While MLG does deliver very fast, competitive gameplay, it is very restrictive when it comes to usable sandbox elements. I like a varied sandbox and as such MLG becomes very repetitive and boring after a few games.
> >
> > H3 MLG was the most fun, especially CTF variants. IMO Reach’s was awful - can you say grenade spam?
> >
> > I wouldn’t consider myself a competitive player, so I’d rather play social games.
>
> I agreed that Reach’s MLG was Yoink! up until V6. Reach’s MLG at its current state (V7) is better than Halo 3’s MLG IMO. And with these new Arena games out , MLG is a lot more diverse.

I think the last I played was v3…what are the current settings? I’ll give it another go soon, but I am not playing Arena.

> > > While MLG does deliver very fast, competitive gameplay, it is very restrictive when it comes to usable sandbox elements. I like a varied sandbox and as such MLG becomes very repetitive and boring after a few games.
> > >
> > > H3 MLG was the most fun, especially CTF variants. IMO Reach’s was awful - can you say grenade spam?
> > >
> > > I wouldn’t consider myself a competitive player, so I’d rather play social games.
> >
> > I agreed that Reach’s MLG was Yoink! up until V6. Reach’s MLG at its current state (V7) is better than Halo 3’s MLG IMO. And with these new Arena games out , MLG is a lot more diverse.
>
> I think the last I played was v3…what are the current settings? I’ll give it another go soon, but I am not playing Arena.

Zero bloom, bleedthrough, no sprint and I think they altered speed and gravity. Arena is just a sort of addon to MLG. It’s not on the playlist but it’s just new maps for people to play in scrims. It’s not The Areapna for Reach its just a collection of new things for MLG.