Give Halo 4 a second chance!

Give Halo 4 a second chance, if you haven’t already!

This topic is for those who left the halo community because of the “multiplayer Problems.” I admit came close to leaving myself as i felt that Halo 4 didn’t do halo justice other than the campaign, which was amazing and one of the best around! The multiplayer was a bit of a let down, however, that has all changed now thanks to 343’s weapon update, before the weapons we knew and loved felt weak and powerless, you would have done more damage to your opponent by “throwing your controller out the window, hoping that somehow beyond all odds will hit them in the face. Also that one time we had to rush my brother into A&E because there was a controller lodged into his skull but that’s for another time.” I’ve been keeping up to date with what 343 have been doing with halo and with their video of the weapons update with all the top community members I was amazed at their reactions, and the game play, 343 have finally fixed a big part of the multiplayer! I can now stop buying new controllers to throw and sit down and play some Halo, like old times, the guns are back to full spec and ready for your endless hours of killing enemies, T-bagging and lots of explicit abuse calling needs.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, I don’t usually do this sorta stuff but I’m really happy about the new update!

They can update multiplayer however they want - they know it won’t impact player numbers at this point. I like the thought behind the update and enjoy it more than default Halo 4, but their intentions with Halo have not changed.

What I mean by that is simple:

At GDC 343 clearly showed they have no intentions of respecting Halo’s roots. They want new fans, fans that are only big in number but low in attention span and passion for gaming. What I mean by attention span is that they will move on to the next shiny title that comes along and not stick with Halo.

Halo is going to be more accessible. With that comes some pretty questionable moves. Despite their balancing out of the sandbox, the numerous mechanics that make Halo 4 multiplayer a disaster when compared to past games, are still present.

I just got done playing the update. Again, I think it’s a good thing they did there. But Halo 4 is still Halo 4 and the better team does not always come out on top, which is essentially the birthmark on the Halo franchise.

> They can update multiplayer however they want - they know it won’t impact player numbers at this point. I like the thought behind the update and enjoy it more than default Halo 4, but their intentions with Halo have not changed.
>
> What I mean by that is simple:
>
> At GDC 343 clearly showed they have no intentions of respecting Halo’s roots. They want new fans, fans that are only big in number but low in attention span and passion for gaming. What I mean by attention span is that they will move on to the next shiny title that comes along and not stick with Halo.
>
> Halo is going to be more accessible. With that comes some pretty questionable moves. Despite their balancing out of the sandbox, the numerous mechanics that make Halo 4 multiplayer a disaster when compared to past games, are still present.
>
> I just got done playing the update. Again, I think it’s a good thing they did there. But Halo 4 is still Halo 4 and the better team does not always come out on top, which is essentially the birthmark on the Halo franchise.

Fair point and I completely agree, but for what its worth, this update will make Halo 4’s multiplayer a bit more bearable for a few more months.

I gave Halo 4 a shot today for the first time since december. It was better than I remember, not outstanding, but improved.

The best thing about this update is the base movement buff. I didn’t feel quite as much like a pendulum when strafing.

Is it me or does JIP seem to… work now? I played 15 or so games today and only once did it seem like JIP wasn’t doing it’s job. Me and my buddy JIPed into a 3v4 game on simplex 15 kills down, the random kill doner team mate quit leaving us 2v4 and we turned it around. I know 15 games isn’t an adequate sample but JIP did seem more efficent.

All in all, descoping is still missed, sprint still isn’t required, AAs are still an annoyance, the DMR still 5 shots with little help from me and Infinity settings still need to go die in a fire imo. But the game feels more like Halo than it did in december.

I tried to like Halo 4 but I can not accept anything that the 343 implemented in multiplayer!

I’ve tried, but without decent internet Halo 4 has nothing to offer me except Campaign. Maybe when the two year with Wildblue ends…

Are actual static weapon spawns back yet?

Still want a CLASSIC playlist, still want LESS magnetism, but gosh darnit I haven’t played this much Halo 4 in a loooooooong time! Thx God for the TU

I retract my statement above regarding JIP. Turns out it’s still broken.

Sorry I got on and there are still Loadouts and Ordnance. Yes the weapon tuning is a step in the right direction. But it wont get me to come back and stay back.

> Are actual static weapon spawns back yet?

Yes.

> > They can update multiplayer however they want - they know it won’t impact player numbers at this point. I like the thought behind the update and enjoy it more than default Halo 4, but their intentions with Halo have not changed.
> >
> > What I mean by that is simple:
> >
> > At GDC 343 clearly showed they have no intentions of respecting Halo’s roots. They want new fans, fans that are only big in number but low in attention span and passion for gaming. What I mean by attention span is that they will move on to the next shiny title that comes along and not stick with Halo.
> >
> > Halo is going to be more accessible. With that comes some pretty questionable moves. Despite their balancing out of the sandbox, the numerous mechanics that make Halo 4 multiplayer a disaster when compared to past games, are still present.
> >
> > I just got done playing the update. Again, I think it’s a good thing they did there. But Halo 4 is still Halo 4 and the better team does not always come out on top, which is essentially the birthmark on the Halo franchise.
>
> Fair point and I completely agree, but for what its worth, this update will make Halo 4’s multiplayer a bit more bearable for a few more months.

So I need to give Halo 4 another chance because it’s “bearable”. I’m sorry but this is the exact reason the game is so awful, because people are content with a game being “bearable” and not “good”.

This is the third chance I’m liking it now just fix JiP

Unfortunately, I stuck with Halo 4 because I hoped this Weapon Update would, yanno - balance something. It didn’t. The DMR remains overpowered, the BR is now the spam-o-choice weapon, the assault weapons remain completely outclassed thanks to BR spam-o-choice cutting you down before you can close. The sidearms? Still pointless.

All this title update did is nudge, VERY slightly, the sandbox towards balanced play while greatly moving the game to precision weapon dominance. So why have a sandbox when the only weapon that actually consistently dominates is the available-at-spawn precision rifles? There IS no sandbox - sandbox gaming means all weapons are equally viable, which has never been the case in any Halo game, ever. This Title Update has ended my desire to play Halo 4 multi-player.

Doesn’t mean I’m giving up on 343 - just this update in particular? It’s a non-starter. They “balanced” things by making every precision weapon variously OP’d, and every other weapon type equally worthless by comparison. Hopefully the next patch will actually be a serious attempt to improve the game.

Once I have finished my exams I will give it another chance.

I hope I will not be disappointed.