Give Halo 3 Brutes and Elite Combat Forms shield glow like they do in Halo 3: ODST

I like that Bungie update the Brutes in Halo 3: ODST to have their shields glow when shot like the Elites did in previous games. Not only does it better communicate to the player the Brute’s shield strength (as their shields glow brighter as they take damage) but it also makes them a lot more fun to shoot at.

That’s what I loved about Elites in previous games; watching their shields glow brighter and brighter before they popped under a hail of Assault Rifle or SMG bullets was immensely satisfying, and I’m glad they re-introduced this for the Brutes in Halo 3: ODST.

Since they’ve been porting weapons, features, and even enemies between Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST for Season 3 and Season 8, I thought 343 could update the Brutes in Halo 3’s Campaign (as well as Elite Combat Forms) have that shield glow as well. With everything else they’ve done, it wouldn’t be difficult to implement, and make the Brutes just a little more consistent between both games.

3 Likes

Agreed. Continued fixes/improvements/enhancememts like this, even if fairly minor, will be appreciated.

3 Likes