After notes
Look like blue monkeys
4 toes plus they have toe nails.
No spikes
No bulge

Why have they changed so
Is it the constant production
or is it like the skirmishers
growed in different areas and so they came out different?
I mean really Id like to know

Every year fashion changes… Grunt fashion changes every decade!!

genetic mutation?

it’s possible

After the collapse of the Covenant in the conclusion of Halo 3, the various alien species became fairly isolated. Certain grunt squads and various members from the other species began pirate crews and plundered the galaxy. While we don’t know for sure why grunts and elites show up in the first mission of the campaign, an encounter with a pirate ship has been speculated. After salvaging various parts and creating their own armor, the grunts AND elites appear quite differently without their official armor during their time in the Covenant’s armies.

Without the Prophets, the Covenant and their tech have fallen apart.
Grunts working for the Elites have become farmers.

There could easily be different races of Grunts the same way there are different races of humans.

I used this same concept when I first saw Reach’s Brutes and Skrimishers.

> Without the Prophets, the Covenant and their tech have fallen apart.
> Grunts working for the Elites have become farmers.

this

> After the collapse of the Covenant in the conclusion of Halo 3, the various alien species became fairly isolated. Certain grunt squads and various members from the other species began pirate crews and plundered the galaxy. While we don’t know for sure why grunts and elites show up in the first mission of the campaign, an encounter with a pirate ship has been speculated. After salvaging various parts and creating their own armor, the grunts AND elites appear quite differently without their official armor during their time in the Covenant’s armies.

that doesnt explain the changes
what
the shells on their feet and arms were just armor

> > Without the Prophets, the Covenant and their tech have fallen apart.
> > Grunts working for the Elites have become farmers.
>
> this

so
becoming farmers gave them a extra toe?

Too much grunty thirst can cause species-wide genetic mutation. Duhh…

> > > Without the Prophets, the Covenant and their tech have fallen apart.
> > > Grunts working for the Elites have become farmers.
> >
> > this
>
> so
> becoming farmers gave them a extra toe?

I’m not an expert in xenobiology so I can’t say if Grunts becoming farmers would cause them to grow an extra toe. Maybe growing an extra toe shows signs of maturity or maybe it’s a sign of younger grunts and the toe falls off.
Or artistic change.

> > > > Without the Prophets, the Covenant and their tech have fallen apart.
> > > > Grunts working for the Elites have become farmers.
> > >
> > > this
> >
> > so
> > becoming farmers gave them a extra toe?
>
> I’m not an expert in xenobiology so I can’t say if Grunts becoming farmers would cause them to grow an extra toe. Maybe growing an extra toe shows signs of maturity or maybe it’s a sign of younger grunts and the toe falls off.
> Or artistic change.

Maybe the farmers would need more balance because they stay in one pace longer and don’t do as much (as far as running around goes) so they get an extra toe, but the combat grunts don’t have it because they need more mobility, and for grunts that extra toe makes them clumsier.

A species is not going to switch from an arthropod to a reptile so fast. Their biologies are to different, the Kig-yar are all birds, one is simply more athletic and has slight visual differences.

Maybe they are multing
you know
getting rid of their shell so they can grow a new one?

> A species is not going to switch from an arthropod to a reptile so fast. Their biologies are to different, the Kig-yar are all birds, one is simply more athletic and has slight visual differences.

Halo 4 plays years after Halo 3. The Covenant does not exist as we know anymore. In Halo 1-3, Reach or ODST we fought against a organized army. Who does normally fight in a organized army? Skilled soldiers. In Halo 4 we will face a new sort of Covenant. The Covenant is split. It is not organized anymore. Maybe we will fight against other grunts which were not good enough to fight for the old Covenant. Like us humans,Grunts can be different. Maybe with different skins, maybe with more toes.

if tl;dr:
Covenant does not really exist anymore. Elites take every creature which can fight -> Take the Grunts who normally did not fight at the front in Halo 1-3, Reach and ODST.

> A species is not going to switch from an arthropod to a reptile so fast. Their biologies are to different, the Kig-yar are all birds, one is simply more athletic and has slight visual differences.

That’s Earth’s species. We’re talking about a fictional alien species with a biology that we don’t know about.
I wouldn’t think too much about it.

I personally don’t see much of a difference. Sure, it looks like the grunt is showing more skin, but that’s because it’s flying through the air with most of it’s chest obscured, giving the illusion that the majority of it’s body is fleshy.

On a second look, I did note that one main difference is that the Grunt in Halo 4 has finger nails and toe nails and also had 4 toes instead of 3. Even then, I don’t see what the big deal is…

Armor changes across a time frame. The soldiers that we send to war don’t use the same armor and tech from the civil war, they use new, evolved tech.

In Halo, the grunts are doing the same. They are given the tech of that time period and thus look different in each game. That and if they were the same, people would complain anyways. :stuck_out_tongue:

> Armor changes across a time frame. The soldiers that we send to war don’t use the same armor and tech from the civil war, they use new, evolved tech.
>
> In Halo, the grunts are doing the same. They are given the tech of that time period and thus look different in each game. That and if they were the same, people would complain anyways. :stuck_out_tongue:

Im not talking about the armor
I like the new armor
it looks like a light bulb
Im talking about the extra toe
no bulge and missing shell pieces

I don’t think we really need a reason. Either artistic change, or a separate sub-species of Grunt. Think Neanderthals and Humans - we’re very similar, yet have very clear differences.

Most noticeable, we wiped out the Neanderthals. :stuck_out_tongue: