Give 343i the time they need

Alright so every major Halo up to Halo Reach had a 3 year gap between them. H1 2001 - H2 2004 - H3 2007 - Halo Reach 2010. Now Halo 4 is being released 2 years after Halo Reach. Now since 343i is a new company it does stand to reason that they started on the production of Halo 4 before Reach even released. I’m not sure when 343i started their production on H4 if anyone does know please feel free to post it.

However my point is Halo 4 is the game that will either bring back Halo or kill it. I think Microsoft could possibly be rushing the release of Halo because they just want their money as quick as possible and ~blam~ the quality of the game. I personally am eagerly awaiting the release of Halo 4, but I’m willing to wait longer if it means that the game will be better. I also believe 343i should use the remaining time they have for Halo 4 all towards Halo 4. Halo Reach is done please move on and try to put all of your resources towards the production Halo 4.

All I want is the best game you can deliever. If 343i is on schedule and time is not a factor than that’s great, but please don’t release a sub par game because of time constraints.

I’m pretty sure they have a Reach team and a Halo 4 team.

> I’m pretty sure they have a Reach team and a Halo 4 team.

In a way, they have a much smaller team working on Reach Support.

Halo 4 was in production I believe shortly after Halo 3 was release by Bungie, but I could be wrong.

Around about the time this website went LIVE, would be around the time Halo 4 production began.

Well I was under the impression that production did start before Reach, but I’m not actually sure. I just don’t want the game to turn out to be ~blam~ because they didn’t have time. Essentially when I saw that the release was 2 years after Reach I was concerned because that seemed out of the ordinary.

> > I’m pretty sure they have a Reach team and a Halo 4 team.
>
> In a way, they have a much smaller team working on Reach Support.
>
> Halo 4 was in production I believe shortly after Halo 3 was release by Bungie, but I could be wrong.
>
> Around about the time this website went LIVE, would be around the time Halo 4 production began.

So that’s…(I’m using my fingers here) 5 years of development time?

> Well I was under the impression that production did start before Reach, but I’m not actually sure. I just don’t want the game to turn out to be ~blam~ because they didn’t have time. Essentially when I saw that the release was 2 years after Reach I was concerned because that seemed out of the ordinary.

ODST is an example of what a Halo game can turn out to be in rushed, although it was a fun short campaign, it wasn’t decent for replay value, sure Firefight was fun but once people got their Recon and Vidmasters, it was back to Halo 3, getting ready for Halo: Reach.

> > > I’m pretty sure they have a Reach team and a Halo 4 team.
> >
> > In a way, they have a much smaller team working on Reach Support.
> >
> > Halo 4 was in production I believe shortly after Halo 3 was release by Bungie, but I could be wrong.
> >
> > Around about the time this website went LIVE, would be around the time Halo 4 production began.
>
> So that’s…(I’m using my fingers here) 5 years of development time?

Pardon my derp, I meant to say Halo 3: ODST, not Halo 3, which equals to 3 years of development time.

But don’t source me on that, it would only make common sense, Microsoft contract with Bungie finished as soon as they finished the last two Halo game which turned out to be ODST and Reach.

Considering ODST would be short lived, it would have only made sense to start work after that.

I believe that the development of of Halo 4 started about 3 1/2 years ago, which means that Halo 4 should have had 4 years if development continues until about a couple of months before release. I’m not expecting Halo 4 to be anything less than absolutely epic.

Bungie did leave microsoft after the release of Halo 3. But did get contracted to do ODST and Reach. Just hoping that 343i was contracted early onto start on Halo 4. If halo 4 does get 3+ years of production time than I have nothing to worry about. Here’s hoping the new trilogy starts off with a bang like Halo CE did.

> Bungie did leave microsoft after the release of Halo 3. But did get contracted to do ODST and Reach. Just hoping that 343i was contracted early onto start on Halo 4. If halo 4 does get 3+ years of production time than I have nothing to worry about. Here’s hoping the new trilogy starts off with a bang like Halo CE did.

343i have been pushing that Halo 4 will give us that new, big world and interesting sandbox feel that Halo CE did the moment you exited the crashed escape pod.