Gitch Problem.

Three times within the last week my loadouts and armor have all been set to defaults. I still have everything unlocked, but my everything gets set back to default. The other weird thing is the game has me watch the opening cinematic to Infinity, the one where they introduce Wargames, loadouts, armor, etc. Anyone else running in to this.

The only reason I worry is because a buddy of mine actually lost all his unlocked weapons and armor for nothing. He hadn’t played the game in a while, and when he tried to get on the other night to play a few with me, all his stuff was set to default and loadouts cleared, but he could not reassign anything. It was all locked, but his rank is still the same.

Anyone have any info on these happenings?

• Tipper

That’s strange. If your able to reassign everything, that glitch should have been fixed. I doubt that this could really be the problem, but could your data possibly be corrupt?

I sure hope I’m wrong.

Correction, my buddy could NOT reassign his unlocked items.

I’m not sure what the deal is. It’s weird that all my stuff gets reset, but I can reassign it right away. Even weirder it puts me through the intro to Infinity every time. My buddy said his glitch has been around for a while and it hasn’t been patched/fixed. That’s what I’m worried about. He won’t play anymore because all he has is an AR and a Pistol to start with. That’s it. Wondering if the same will happen to me, which will effectively kill this game for good for me.

If you’re playing offline and he could not re-buy his locked items with Spartan Points, then his offline profile was probably reset to SR-1 prior to Monday’s TU. He will have to go through the process of gaining XP to rank up and earn SP again. This glitch should have been fixed in Monday’s Title Update and he should not have any more problems going forward.

The glitch does not reset your online profile’s Spartan Rank. Loadouts were reset and SP refunded. Again, this should have been fixed in Monday’s TU.

Try deleting all of your Halo 4 savegame and TU files from your hard drive. No need to delete Forge, Theather, or gametype files, but delete any DLC too. You may have a faulty or corrupt file.

The glitch was finally fixed, for me anyways.

It sounds like a lot of people are experiencing this problem, but I have never had this problem. I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

(Moving this to Halo Support.)

If only your loadouts were reset, and you could still re-purchase and reselect everything, then it is because of a bug that was introduced with the release of the Champions Bundle DLC and TU. Previously, the bug would trigger upon completing any Campaign mission, or upon hitting certain Spartan Ranks; however, I believe Vektor0 is right and a new TU has fixed that bug.

Your friend, on the other hand, seems to have been affected by a different bug: an old issue with Reach and Halo 4 that causes loss of save data. The only solution in that case is to recreate the data – replaying missions, reassigning armor, et cetera. It may be worthwhile for your friend to check their Xbox storage device, and see if any Halo 4 files are marked as corrupted (there should be a warning icon on damaged data).

You might want to fix the title of your topic.
On topic: The only time my loadouts and everything else was reset was right after downloading the Champions Bundle.

Hi everybody, unfortunately this just happened also to me, after I installed the new patch today.
Controller settings, armor, emblem, loadouts etc… all gone, and got the “welcome to infinity” from Palmer. I was able to reselect everything (and it seems to keep the settings now, and no corrupted files in storage) but was very annoying.
Wasn’t this patch supposed to fix this glitch? Or it is something different?
Hope it doesn’t happen again. Thank you for your time.

I’m not having the same problem. I had a in game glitch were I went 25-0 and never received a perfection mastery. It shows it under my older games but no mastery skill was inserted. I’ll probably never be able to do that again and it would be very cool to have it.

> I’m not having the same problem. I had a in game glitch were I went 25-0 and never received a perfection mastery. It shows it under my older games but no mastery skill was inserted. I’ll probably never be able to do that again and it would be very cool to have it.

I believe Perfections are only awarded for Slayer matches.

In the future, please create a new thread if you have a new issue (or an issue for which there is no active thread) to discuss. It helps to keep things organized.

> Correction, my buddy could NOT reassign his unlocked items.
>
> I’m not sure what the deal is. It’s weird that all my stuff gets reset, but I can reassign it right away. Even weirder it puts me through the intro to Infinity every time. My buddy said his glitch has been around for a while and it hasn’t been patched/fixed. That’s what I’m worried about. He won’t play anymore because all he has is an AR and a Pistol to start with. That’s it. Wondering if the same will happen to me, which will effectively kill this game for good for me.

So after accepting the last update, you’re still having trouble with loadouts resetting?

Is your buddy able to give us a screenshot of exactly what he’s looking at? Is all of his game progress is gone as well?