Gifting Packs question

So I was playing some heroic warzone firefight and after the match I got a message from a player but it was all in Japanese writing or it could have been Chinese… But since I couldn’t read it I just deleted it. Well then after my next game that player gifted me a gold pack. This player isn’t on my friends list so how were they able to gift me a pack?

They can add you, gift the pack, then remove you as a friend. You don’t need to be their friend as well

> 2533274813317074;2:
> They can add you, gift the pack, then remove you as a friend. You don’t need to be their friend as well

Ah, I thought you had to add the person. It was nice of them to send me a pack. Too bad I can’t read kanji or whatever language it was…to bad Xbox doesn’t automatically translate for you.

> 2533274816788253;3:
> > 2533274813317074;2:
> > They can add you, gift the pack, then remove you as a friend. You don’t need to be their friend as well
>
> Ah, I thought you had to add the person. It was nice of them to send me a pack. Too bad I can’t read kanji or whatever language it was…to bad Xbox doesn’t automatically translate for you.

You can use Google Translate on your phone and point your camera at the message.

> 2533274824050480;4:
> > 2533274816788253;3:
> > > 2533274813317074;2:
> > > They can add you, gift the pack, then remove you as a friend. You don’t need to be their friend as well
> >
> > Ah, I thought you had to add the person. It was nice of them to send me a pack. Too bad I can’t read kanji or whatever language it was…to bad Xbox doesn’t automatically translate for you.
>
> You can use Google Translate on your phone and point your camera at the message.

Cool, will try to remember if it happens again.