Giant update

I recently purchased Halo 5.
I was extremely hesitant after how terrible my experience with MasterChief edition was(couldn’t even play it for 3months).

I live where there is no wired internet, my internet is over satellite and I pay a whopping 1 cent per megabyte. Now, because of this giant update I cannot access the game and feel as if it isn’t worth $130 for me to update it.

What can I do???

Try a library? They might be sympathetic to your plight.

EDIT: Hell, hit up a McDonald’s with your damn Xbox lol. As long as you’re a paying customer they shouldn’t mind.

Take your xbox to Starbucks?

I love these posts .Research Before Purchase.

How recently we talking here? Because if you can’t play it, you could just bring it back. That’s assuming you purchased a physical copy.

take it to a friend’s house, but why would you need to update if you cant do multiplayer anyway?

> 2533274843592408;6:
> take it to a friend’s house, but why would you need to update if you cant do multiplayer anyway?

Because he needs the update to play. It won’t let him progress unless he has it.

There will be another update in the next few days, and more in the months to come.

My only advice would be something you wouldn’t do: don’t live in places with no Internet.

I live in a 3rd world country, there is no such thing as free internet, the game was purchased online and shipped to me, I cannot return it.

I need to update to even start the game, and I can play multiplayer, I have internet, super expensive internet.

To the guy who said ‘research before you buy it’, I have a plethora of games and I have never seen an early update of anywhere near this size.

> 2533274865626353;10:
> I live in a 3rd world country, there is no such thing as free internet, the game was purchased online and shipped to me, I cannot return it.
>
> I need to update to even start the game, and I can play multiplayer, I have internet, super expensive internet.
>
> To the guy who said ‘research before you buy it’, I have a plethora of games and I have never seen an early update of anywhere near this size.

Damn. Government buildings don’t have Internet you can bum for a bit, either? Sorry bro.

> 2533274865626353;10:
> I live in a 3rd world country, there is no such thing as free internet, the game was purchased online and shipped to me, I cannot return it.
>
> I need to update to even start the game, and I can play multiplayer, I have internet, super expensive internet.
>
> To the guy who said ‘research before you buy it’, I have a plethora of games and I have never seen an early update of anywhere near this size.

Uhm excuse me? Update size install size it’s all the same rodeo. You’re complaining about H5’s update yet you claim to have had MCC. That -Yoink- was a whopping 70GB

<mark>Do not flame/attack others.</mark>

> 2533274837720524;9:
> My only advice would be something you wouldn’t do: don’t live in places with no Internet.

Did you even read my post? I have internet,
I volunteer in a 3rd world country.
I help people, perhaps you should try it when you grow up.
Or you can continue being a self righteous idiot, posting ridiculous comments online under the fasard of ‘advise’.

> 2533274881937413;12:
> > 2533274865626353;10:
> > I live in a 3rd world country, there is no such thing as free internet, the game was purchased online and shipped to me, I cannot return it.
> >
> > I need to update to even start the game, and I can play multiplayer, I have internet, super expensive internet.
> >
> > To the guy who said ‘research before you buy it’, I have a plethora of games and I have never seen an early update of anywhere near this size.
>
>
> Uhm excuse me? Update size install size it’s all the same rodeo. You’re complaining about H5’s update yet you claim to have had MCC. That -Yoink- was a whopping 70GB

…I have not always lived here…

Are you trying to download the game or the update? You should be able to download the game without Internet. Do that then download the update.

If you download while you are connected to the Internet it will download from the Internet. If you’re not connected it will download from disc.

If you already downloaded game then obviously you need to download update over the Internet, obviously.

Where are you living now?

> 2533274808210415;11:
> > 2533274865626353;10:
> > I live in a 3rd world country, there is no such thing as free internet, the game was purchased online and shipped to me, I cannot return it.
> >
> > I need to update to even start the game, and I can play multiplayer, I have internet, super expensive internet.
> >
> > To the guy who said ‘research before you buy it’, I have a plethora of games and I have never seen an early update of anywhere near this size.
>
>
> Damn. Government buildings don’t have Internet you can bum for a bit, either? Sorry bro.

I think I will take my Xbox with me next time I head into town and go into United Nations.

Hate to hear of your plight. Sounds like there is nothing you can do where you are now other than pay for the large update. That or wait until you are back home. I enjoy the game so the price would be justified for me but perhaps not so for you. If you can’t or won’t play matchmaking it probably isn’t worth it until you can.

> 2533274865626353;14:
> > 2533274881937413;12:
> > > 2533274865626353;10:
> > > I live in a 3rd world country, there is no such thing as free internet, the game was purchased online and shipped to me, I cannot return it.
> > >
> > > I need to update to even start the game, and I can play multiplayer, I have internet, super expensive internet.
> > >
> > > To the guy who said ‘research before you buy it’, I have a plethora of games and I have never seen an early update of anywhere near this size.
> >
> >
> > Uhm excuse me? Update size install size it’s all the same rodeo. You’re complaining about H5’s update yet you claim to have had MCC. That -Yoink- was a whopping 70GB
>
>
> …I have not always lived here…

Uhm care to think that maybe that’s the problem?? The so called plethora of games you’ve never had a problem with this? Well maybe it was the fact that you never lived in wherever the crappy wifi spot you’re at. Lol

> 2533274841355851;16:
> Where are you living now?

Fiji