GI Leak discussion violates Forum rules

Just a friendly reminder that discussion of leaked content from the May issue of Gameinformer magazine is against the rules. This includes discussion of article content, links to scans, and discussion regarding scans. Discussion of the cover is okay.

but I received it legally in the mail…why can’t I discuss it?

Thank you so much in bringing peace to the forum in calm this place down.

I guess it shows how upset some are about the May Leaks. they they don’t evan regard the rules.

Wow that makes no sense.
Many people get the mag legit. And they are not allowed to talk about it? What kind of NDA joke is this?

LOL. So stupid… every single person has seen the leaks, read the articles, now why can’t we talk about them?

> LOL. So stupid… every single person has seen the leaks, read the articles, now why can’t we talk about them?

So lets get back to past e3 2011. We know nothing about halo4. How will the game look? hmm… srsly Change ur Forum rules :wink:

> LOL. So stupid… every single person has seen the leaks, read the articles, now why can’t we talk about them?

Because that’s how the rules are. We don’t make them, we just enforce them.

Until the magazine is officially released or we have the word from the powers that be, all that’s allowed is discussion of the cover.

> > LOL. So stupid… every single person has seen the leaks, read the articles, now why can’t we talk about them?
>
> Because that’s how the rules are. We don’t make them, we just enforce them.
>
> Until the magazine is officially released or we have the word from the powers that be, all that’s allowed is discussion of the cover.

But I received it in the Mail from them! haha

Hopefully this will calm everything down.

Originally thought this community was filled with nice people.
Now I’ve come to find that it’s filled with bow-down-to-343i and uninformed gamers.

This is not Halo. Telling us it is and that we shouldn’t discuss it is downright despicable and laughable to the extent of the ‘You-know-who’ 2012 sequel video that pretty much blocked all comments and ratings from the get-go.

Simply put, no criticism is going to stop this trilogy.
Microsoft simply announced a trilogy and as soon as people found out about this, Microsoft yanked the blanket and yelled ‘Too Late! trollface’.

This is hardly what I’d call risk versus reward.
It’s just ‘If it works; sell it’. It doesn’t.
This news doesn’t sell and it sure as heck won’t work out as well as expected for the final product.

> > LOL. So stupid… every single person has seen the leaks, read the articles, now why can’t we talk about them?
>
> Because that’s how the rules are. We don’t make them, we just enforce them.
>
> Until the magazine is officially released or we have the word from the powers that be, all that’s allowed is discussion of the cover.

Just ban us all would be easier or lock the Halo 4 discussion board. You’ve already done that to a multitude of my friends.

> Originally thought this community was filled with nice people.
> Now I’ve come to find that it’s filled with bow-down-to-343i and uninformed gamers.
>
> This is not Halo. Telling us it is and that we shouldn’t discuss it is downright despicable and laughable to the extent of the ‘You-know-who’ 2012 sequel video that pretty much blocked all comments and ratings from the get-go.
>
> Simply put, no criticism is going to stop this trilogy.
> Microsoft simply announced a trilogy and as soon as people found out about this, Microsoft yanked the blanket and yelled ‘Too Late! trollface’.

I didn’t know Halo had anything to do with keeping secrets.

Theres always been rules about posting scans, back since Halo 3 is when I can remember, but I’m sure the rules were there for Halo 2 as well.

All press releases are under strict embargo until the article becomes available in electronic form (in advance of print publication)

Instead of moaning about the discussion get involved and give us your opinion on the leaks! Also yous haven’t been enforcing that rule for the past 4 hours, and even Frank o’connor released a statement on the leaks. What you going to do ban everybody who has been discussing them?

Do you really think you are going to stop it?

You are just going to ban a million accounts and drive people away from this forum.

I don’t care if you are here to enforce the rules, they are stupid and enforcing them will hurt this website.

Okay, folks, Gameinformer magazine has a contract for this exclusive Halo 4 information because it is their primary business function to sell media to gamers such as ourselves. Leaking of the information does them a disservice, the more leaks that occur directly correlate to less media sold. Why would Gameinformer purchase exclusive rights to distribute this information if it was okay to leak it on 343i’s forums? Think about it. They would be throwing their money away.

Keep in mind that I am not an employee of 343i studios, just a very knowledgeable person in the realm of business. I don’t mean to start a debate over IP rights or anything, I am just explaining the most probable situation regarding the issue at hand.

> Okay, folks, Gameinformer magazine has a contract for this exclusive Halo 4 information because it is their primary business function to sell media to gamers such as ourselves. Leaking of the information does them a disservice, the more leaks that occur directly correlate to less media sold. Why would Gameinformer purchase exclusive rights to distribute this information if it was okay to leak it on 343i’s forums? Think about it. They would be throwing their money away.
>
>
> Keep in mind that I am not an employee of 343i studios, just a very knowledgeable person in the realm of business. I don’t mean to start a debate over IP rights or anything, I am just explaining the most probable situation regarding the issue at hand.

Well then, shut down the forums. That is about the only sensible solution, because I don’t see any other way to stop it. Not when it is this controversial.

There are dozens of threads ranting on about the GI issue… A bit late to be telling people not to talk about don’t you think?

Seriously just ban me. Entertain yourself for a bit.