Getting tired of Voridus (small rant)

Seriously when is he getting nerfed? We’ve been dealing with him for over a month now with no balance patch in sight.

Potentially later this week. Early next week at the earliest.

(Just my guess)

> 2533274927740213;2:
> Potentially later this week. Early next week at the earliest.
>
> (Just my guess)

It would be nice if we didn’t have to guess.

> 2533274843762975;3:
> > 2533274927740213;2:
> > Potentially later this week. Early next week at the earliest.
> >
> > (Just my guess)
>
> It would be nice if we didn’t have to guess.

They did say they were shooting for late October/early November for their patch.

Hello, I am not seeing voridus online that much, someone can explain me what is wrong with him. thxs

> 2553380145882876;5:
> Hello, I am not seeing voridus online that much, someone can explain me what is wrong with him. thxs

Currently he’s completely overpowered. The infusion mine alone pretty much guarantees that the voridus player will get map resources and power nodes uncontested. The infusion itself does a pretty insane amount of damage and lasts for almost 2 minutes which is completely ridiculous when combined with the passive effects which slow down movement speed. All you have to do with voridus is spam the mine and infusion wake until you hit tech 2 then just spam locusts and kite behind the gel to win every engagement. You can even choose to be even dirtier with voridus and spam mauraders which are also quite broken in their current state to the point where they can beat a full pop of cyclopses in a head to head fight.

> 2533274843762975;6:
> > 2553380145882876;5:
> > Hello, I am not seeing voridus online that much, someone can explain me what is wrong with him. thxs
>
> Currently he’s completely overpowered. The infusion mine alone pretty much guarantees that the voridus player will get map resources and power nodes uncontested. The infusion itself does a pretty insane amount of damage and lasts for almost 2 minutes which is completely ridiculous when combined with the passive effects which slow down movement speed. All you have to do with voridus is spam the mine and infusion wake until you hit tech 2 then just spam locusts and kite behind the gel to win every engagement. You can even choose to be even dirtier with voridus and spam mauraders which are also quite broken in their current state to the point where they can beat a full pop of cyclopses in a head to head fight.

Man, I was going to point out that… Maureders are frigging insane, I remember to be trying to kill those things with cyclops and took me ages!

I feel you, brother.

Voridus, Marauders, and Pavium are killing me right now. Just no motivation to search when I know I’ll be running into one of those things.

I play Shipmaster in 1’s (on my second account), and playing Voridus or Pavium is just a nightmare right now. I can handle Marauders in a 1v1 setting, but in team games, while there are other units my teammates and I have to deal wirh… it’s just dumb. If a match goes into late game and there’s a Colony/Deci spamming Marauders, I just want to quit.

This balance update can’t come fast enough.

Yeah I feel I can’t even play without picking voridus because I don’t want to be against one without having one on my team

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274843762975;6:
> > 2553380145882876;5:
> > Hello, I am not seeing voridus online that much, someone can explain me what is wrong with him. thxs
>
> Currently he’s completely overpowered. The infusion mine alone pretty much guarantees that the voridus player will get map resources and power nodes uncontested. The infusion itself does a pretty insane amount of damage and lasts for almost 2 minutes which is completely ridiculous when combined with the passive effects which slow down movement speed. All you have to do with voridus is spam the mine and infusion wake until you hit tech 2 then just spam locusts and kite behind the gel to win every engagement. You can even choose to be even dirtier with voridus and spam mauraders which are also quite broken in their current state to the point where they can beat a full pop of cyclopses in a head to head fight.

cough cough cough cough could just get gud instead

> 2553380145882876;7:
> > 2533274843762975;6:
> > > 2553380145882876;5:
> > > Hello, I am not seeing voridus online that much, someone can explain me what is wrong with him. thxs
> >
> > Currently he’s completely overpowered. The infusion mine alone pretty much guarantees that the voridus player will get map resources and power nodes uncontested. The infusion itself does a pretty insane amount of damage and lasts for almost 2 minutes which is completely ridiculous when combined with the passive effects which slow down movement speed. All you have to do with voridus is spam the mine and infusion wake until you hit tech 2 then just spam locusts and kite behind the gel to win every engagement. You can even choose to be even dirtier with voridus and spam mauraders which are also quite broken in their current state to the point where they can beat a full pop of cyclopses in a head to head fight.
>
> Man, I was going to point out that… Maureders are frigging insane, I remember to be trying to kill those things with cyclops and took me ages!

only answer is to counter with air or not let them mass that many

Hopefully soon.
They posted a minor patch preview (mostly cosmetic stuff) yesterday, which means that they’re (likely) working on getting a full patch out soon.

Once Vord gets put in check (among other needed updates) we should be in a pretty sweet spot.

> 2533274869891714;8:
> I feel you, brother.
>
> Voridus, Marauders, and Pavium are killing me right now. Just no motivation to search when I know I’ll be running into one of those things.
>
> I play Shipmaster in 1’s (on my second account), and playing Voridus or Pavium is just a nightmare right now. I can handle Marauders in a 1v1 setting, but in team games, while there are other units my teammates and I have to deal wirh… it’s just dumb. If a match goes into late game and there’s a Colony/Deci spamming Marauders, I just want to quit.
>
> This balance update can’t come fast enough.

I completely agree. It’s funny those who deny that voridus is op are the ones playing as him. He is appearing often enough, but not too often these days because he’s no fun, requires less strategy and I believe some people are embarrassed to play as him!

#GooGone

> 2533274941559896;13:
> > 2533274869891714;8:
> > I feel you, brother.
> >
> > Voridus, Marauders, and Pavium are killing me right now. Just no motivation to search when I know I’ll be running into one of those things.
> >
> > I play Shipmaster in 1’s (on my second account), and playing Voridus or Pavium is just a nightmare right now. I can handle Marauders in a 1v1 setting, but in team games, while there are other units my teammates and I have to deal wirh… it’s just dumb. If a match goes into late game and there’s a Colony/Deci spamming Marauders, I just want to quit.
> >
> > This balance update can’t come fast enough.
>
> I completely agree. It’s funny those who deny that voridus is op are the ones playing as him. He is appearing often enough, but not too often these days because he’s no fun, requires less strategy and I believe some people are embarrassed to play as him!

I mean, I use Vord from time to time, but I have no issue admitting he’s hilariously broken. Glancing past the fact of how broken he his, I think he’s a really fun leader to play as.

Truth be told, I don’t think Vord can be balanced. I think he’ll either be broken or too weak. I don’t see how Infusion can be balanced, and with his entire kit being based Infusion, I just don’t see him being balanced. Nonetheless, I hope the devs prove me wrong and put him in check with this upcoming update.

> 2533274869891714;15:
> > 2533274941559896;13:
> > > 2533274869891714;8:
> > > I feel you, brother.
> > >
> > > Voridus, Marauders, and Pavium are killing me right now. Just no motivation to search when I know I’ll be running into one of those things.
> > >
> > > I play Shipmaster in 1’s (on my second account), and playing Voridus or Pavium is just a nightmare right now. I can handle Marauders in a 1v1 setting, but in team games, while there are other units my teammates and I have to deal wirh… it’s just dumb. If a match goes into late game and there’s a Colony/Deci spamming Marauders, I just want to quit.
> > >
> > > This balance update can’t come fast enough.
> >
> > I completely agree. It’s funny those who deny that voridus is op are the ones playing as him. He is appearing often enough, but not too often these days because he’s no fun, requires less strategy and I believe some people are embarrassed to play as him!
>
> I mean, I use Vord from time to time, but I have no issue admitting he’s hilariously broken. Glancing past the fact of how broken he his, I think he’s a really fun leader to play as.
>
> Truth be told, I don’t think Vord can be balanced. I think he’ll either be broken or too weak. I don’t see how Infusion can be balanced, and with his entire kit being based Infusion, I just don’t see him being balanced. Nonetheless, I hope the devs prove me wrong and put him in check with this upcoming update.

It definately is an opinion to think he’s boring as I do lol. I think there is a way to balance him, perhaps less damage in the goo and better movement speed; with the goo remaining effective as a nice assist and still stackable to where it gets more powerful late game

First, to clarify, I am no pro and am far from it. Actually my last game was about two weeks ago since I’m a bit busy and have been out of town so some of this information may be invalid or wrong. That also being said I do not have the authority to say your opinion sucks and mine is better, so take every thing I say with a grain of salt. Now on to the response.

I feel this dead horse is tired of being beaten(Corny joke of the day-check). There are countless post saying how OP Voridus is and for what? I don’t see it. Yes, compared to all the other leaders he is better but it’s not like he’s uncounter-able. His grenadiers are beyond useless in my opinion. Just 4 or 5 snipers and every single grenadier in a full pop army is dead as long as you micro well. Now I’m not as ignorant as people take me I know the goo lasting for 2 minutes is definitely not right, but the damage is acceptable and his hero is balanced. All of you who want to say Voridus is OP must’ve forgotten about when Jerome first dropped. He was the definition of OP because there was no counter other than trying to out-Jerome them. With Voridus the mine is as broken as everyone takes it too be, yes it helps in combat but it’s balanced. The damage the goo does to opponents is fine as it’s easy to micro out of and is only supposed to be used to entrap and punish opponents for not micro-ing well enough to get out of the goo. And on top of that the goo is mainly good against infantry. Now I get it, infantry is going to be the only good thing you can train in the early-game and that is true. But if you can survive the early game the infusion becomes a lot less dangerous. Now it’s still dangerous don’t get me wrong but it’s not as deadly. Now cataclysm+infusion=bad news but other than that if you have air it completely negates the infusion and vehicles do fine against it. And to stop the infusion rush just train some snipers or some suicide grunts and maybe 1 or 2 turrets. Sorry if I offend you saying how Voridus isn’t broken but in my opinion it’s the truth. I honestly don’t see what’s the problem other than the infusion pools lasting for a little longer than it should. And he isn’t just viable for early game. He is probably the best for early-game but he isn’t a bad leader for late game. His goo blocks off important pathways and crucial choke points and his hero is pretty awesome. But that’s just my opinion so take it as you will. Do you agree, disagree, wanna slam my face into a wall until my head turns into a watermelon for some reason?(Don’t ask) Just be understanding in your response, thanks for reading!

#Googone

> 2535431243595189;17:
>

So, it’s not a small thing. It’s pretty big.

I get what you’re saying here, but, really, you should hop back online and see for yourself.
The goo can wipe a full pop army (or at least red-bar them) way way too quickly. And, it lasts for two minutes. That’s not balance in the least.

This is why Vord wasn’t allowed in the recent BtC tourney. This is why players are complaining. It’s actually really bad. Not a small thing at all.

Also, yes, I think most of us remember how bad Jerome was (and forge, serina, kinsano, and yap), but that doesn’t change anything about this discussion.

And, also
#googone

> 2533274796391115;18:
> > 2535431243595189;17:
> >
>
> So, it’s not a small thing. It’s pretty big.
>
> I get what you’re saying here, but, really, you should hop back online and see for yourself.
> The goo can wipe a full pop army (or at least red-bar them) way way too quickly. And, it lasts for two minutes. That’s not balance in the least.
>
> This is why Vord wasn’t allowed in the recent BtC tourney. This is why players are complaining. It’s actually really bad. Not a small thing at all.
>
> Also, yes, I think most of us remember how bad Jerome was (and forge, serina, kinsano, and yap), but that doesn’t change anything about this discussion.
>
> And, also
> #googone

Yes, I don’t see how it is counterable even with a split army where the goo is dropped everywhere and as my armies are trying to pull out of it; it slows them down thus dealing more damage thus killing/red baring my armies. To be able to deny areas for this long is abusive.

> 2535431243595189;17:
> First, to clarify, I am no pro and am far from it. Actually my last game was about two weeks ago since I’m a bit busy and have been out of town so some of this information may be invalid or wrong. That also being said I do not have the authority to say your opinion sucks and mine is better, so take every thing I say with a grain of salt. Now on to the response.

You just started off your argument by completly invalidating any insight you could possibly have on an issue. You just said, “look I’m not rocket scientist, I never even took a math class after algebra 2, but all of those people complaining about the cracks in the shuttle rockets are just being dramatic. Just throw some duct tape over it and it will be fine”

please believe the majority here when we say that a decently played voridus should never lose to any other leader because his goo mechanic is way too strong.