Getting shot while sprinting...

I am so tired of slowing down from getting shot while sprinting!

You’d think you’re pretty much wearing bullet proof armor, why the blam do you slow the yoink down?!

So the old Reach sprint and double melee is no longer a tactic. Halo is an FPS, a shooter, not an FPM which focuses on constant sprint and melee

> So the old Reach sprint and double melee is no longer a tactic. Halo is an FPS, a shooter, not an FPM which focuses on constant sprint and melee

People still do double beat down in Halo 4…

I mean sprinting running away, and slowing the -Yoink- down when getting shot.

Bullets are powerful, it would take a hell of a lot to shove one off.

> I mean sprinting running away, and slowing the -Yoink!- down when getting shot.

to discourage people running away when ever they get shot, it worked on me

It’s to make it more difficult to run away from a fight.

It encourages you to return fire and try and win the fight rather than run for cover.

I’m sure you would slow down if you were shot.

> So the old Reach sprint and double melee is no longer a tactic. Halo is an FPS, a shooter, not an FPM which focuses on constant sprint and melee

The problem is that you slow down even if you are running away from the bullets. I can understand if the stopping power (see Gears of War 2) only worked when moving towards the bullets but you freeze in place no matter which direction you are shot from.

Is this a serious question? Obviously it’s for balance - you get a speed boost, but it is impaired when shot…duh.

> to discourage people running away when ever they get shot, it worked on me

Exactly Stand and fight, you’re a spartan op fight like one!

It’s a terrible feature, people say is for balancing… balancing my -Yoink-, what if you’re in a 1v1 and then suddenly 2 guys from the other team come help their teammate? You’re obviously not going to stand there and let them kill you, you retreat in this situation, but since you slow down when you’re shot, you’re pretty much dead and should give up

> It’s a terrible feature, people say is for balancing… balancing my -Yoink!-, what if you’re in a 1v1 and then suddenly 2 guys from the other team come help their teammate? You’re obviously not going to stand there and let them kill you, you retreat in this situation, but since you slow down when you’re shot, you’re pretty much dead and should give up

Well said.

> Bullets are powerful, it would take a hell of a lot to shove one off.

Uhm, you do realize you’re talking about a type of man, who in his powered, shielded armor, can survive FALLING FROM ORBIT. Not to mention, single handedly flipping a tank.

Yeah, dude, i’m pretty sure he can shrug off a bullet pretty easily.

> It’s a terrible feature, people say is for balancing… balancing my -Yoink!-, what if you’re in a 1v1 and then suddenly 2 guys from the other team come help their teammate? You’re obviously not going to stand there and let them kill you, you retreat in this situation, but since you slow down when you’re shot, you’re pretty much dead and should give up

I missed the part where any Halo before Reach had Sprint. Not slowing down while sprinting is one of the top reasons I quit playing that piece of crap (A.K.A. Reach). If you get caught, you deserve to die.

I think WR3AV3R secretly consults for 343.

Meanwhile in Halo 3…there was no sprinting. Which means if you get jumped by 2 others you kiss your butt goodbye and try to at least take one of them down

> I am so tired of slowing down from getting shot while sprinting!
>
> You’d think you’re pretty much wearing bullet proof armor, why the blam do you slow the yoink down?!

I know right! You are trying to get to cover then… Oh yeah, shouldn’t have been caught out in the open

its a feature that makes sense to me. If it wasnt in then there would be no reason to get into a firefight, you could just run away endlessly until you find yourself behind someone and punch them. and thats really not fun for anyone.

its called stopping power. Same thing is on gears of war 3.

So if I’m getting double teamed (which is pretty much death in halo 4 because you have no chance) you expect me to stand there and die and give them a kill? No it’s limited beyond belief. If you get 2-3 guys on you, you die unless you’re hugging a wall you can’t escape.