Getting shot and Zooming out

I have been a big fan of Halo since I started playing 3 years ago. In all my time playing I have found only one major problem with all Halo games. Every time you get shot while trying to scope in or crouch (with toggle crouch) you are forced to scope out and stand up. I would like to see the option to turn this off in Halo 4 or a really good reason why this can’t be done, because next time that spamming carbine Jackal kicks me out of my sniper scope from clear across the level I’m going to lose it.

Are you saying you want that for multiplayer too? Because if so, that’s one of the dumbest ideas I’ve heard in a while.

This does seems to be happening alot lately for me.

I’m right there with you.

I can’t count the number of times that I have been aiming at someone with my sniper and I get hit with one bullet and scope out and blow it. Or better yet, die.

I don’t know how solvable this problem is though because it may be unbalanced without it.

Snipers would be way too OP if they could stay scoped in all day.

Zooming out when shot is something which should have been fixed games ago, along with moving slower after being hijacked and uncrouching when shot. They seem to serve no purpose other than to be the biggest annoyances in an FPS.

*Am zoomed in
*Get shot
*Press stick to zoom out
*Accidentally rezoom

Or

*Am zoomed in
*BR battle
*He shoots me and I zoom out
*Meanwhile, my shots have landed and zoom him out

Now both players can either keep zooming in repeatedly, or just have a mid-long range BR battle scoped out, basically eliminating the Scope’s most useful purpose.

Malarky I say.

> Are you saying you want that for multiplayer too? Because if so, that’s one of the dumbest ideas I’ve heard in a while.

I see how it could be a problem in multiplayer, but I hope another solution then being forced to zoom out could be found.

It serves it’s purpose… Their is nothing wrong with it for multiplayer. It needs to be this way or long range(which is supposed to be harder) would be just as easy as short range.