Getting Reconnected (Xbox Connect Tutorial) UPDATED 2/15/12

> Update Log
> 5/27/2011: Video Tutorials Added.
> 10/17/2011: You can now find this thread on the Bungie.net forums.
> 2/15/2012:Facebook Halo: Customs community started (Bottom of the OP)

> Please direct any questions you may have to this thread. This allows others that may share those questions to get easy and fast answers.

Just wanted to show the Bnet community that there is still a way to play Halo:CE/Halo 2 online. If you have any questions, post them.
See you on the Battlefield.

Xbox Connect is a FREE program that allows you to play systemlink Halo:CE/Halo 2 as well as other original Xbox games over the internet. (XBC is does not perform as well as XBL)

Downloading XBC:
Now there are 3 versions of XBC Available Here

XBC:Skinned (for high end PC) Free (Rogues Choice)
XBC:Skinless (mid to low end PC) Free
XBC:Pro $14.95

> XBConnect Pro Advantages
>
> -Access to pre release versions and features that Non pro users don’t receive.
> -Lets you search for users that have a game you want to play.
> -XBC Pro lets you apply ping filters to the game list.
> -XBC Pro lets you find players near you. This helps setting up Lag free games.
> -XBC Pro lets you search for players that have the same games as you.
> -You also get that warm fuzzy feeling for supporting all our efforts.
> -Customize kicks
> -More player control
> -Mute players in chat
> -MIRC colors
> -Player banning

Works with:

Consoles:
Xbox
Xbox 360

Operating Systems:
XP/Vista/W7

Mac/Linux (unknown)

Halo 2 Spacifics
Number of consoles: 16
Number of players per consoles: 4

Getting set up:

Step 1: Network (with pics/Works same way for Xbox 360)
Wired Network Setups
Wireless Network Setups

Step 2: Ports (may not be needed for all cases)
Port Forwarding

Step 3: Firewall (Getting connected to games while being protected by flames)
Firewall Settings

Step 4: First time (Getting to know the program/setting up your first match)
Runing XBC

Rules to know:

Read them

Still having issues? Check:

XBC FAQ

XBC Help forum

Video Tutorials:

Basic Functionality:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnaNHgIFlrk By:Zak424

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP3iz5HeQJc By:ShadowxXx360

Community:
Halo: Customs
This Facebook based group allows users to host event’s on a mainstream social networking site calendar. Making use of the notification system that is available to players at home or on the go.

People who use XBC, please play something other than MLG or rifles. Those games are terrible and I want to play some normal games.

Thank you for posting this! hopefully we get some more people in halo 2!

For those of that you want to host on XBC, you need about 128 kb/connected xbox for it to be relatively lag free. If you limit your max connections to a reasonable number and keep latency down, you’ll probably be one of the most popular people on xbc. IDK what the population is like today, but XBC was a lot of fun in the H2 days.

> People who use XBC, please play something other than MLG or rifles. Those games are terrible and I want to play some normal games.

There are usually a few “normal” games on XBC off and on throughout the day. If not you could always host one.

> Thank you for posting this! hopefully we get some more people in halo 2!

Happy to help. Not a lot of people know about this utility.

> For those of that you want to host on XBC, you need about 128 kb/connected xbox for it to be relatively lag free. If you limit your max connections to a reasonable number and keep latency down, you’ll probably be one of the most popular people on xbc. IDK what the population is like today, but XBC was a lot of fun in the H2 days.

+1 for helpful information. Thanks for the addition.

Glad you moved your thread.

The new forums look great. Now this information has a new and easy to find home.

> People who use XBC, please play something other than MLG or rifles. Those games are terrible and I want to play some normal games.

Yeah, I’m tired of always seeing those games.

will this screw up my xbox? or get me banned?

ooooooohhhhhh good post ima have to bookmark this shizzle fo nizzle while smokin a swizzle!

> will this screw up my xbox? or get me banned?

No you cannot be banned for this. It has nothing to do with the Xbox Live Service. The XBC program allows your Xbox to systemlink via the internet. Just as if you were at a LAN with your friends.

Updated with Facebook Custom game community. See OP

Good work. One of the few productive threads I’ve seen on this forum. We really need more players on Xbox Connect/Xlink Kai.

I might hook this up for old time’s sake.

Great thread, thanks for this!

I just play H2 with the PC Version… I have XBC installed though.

I really think someone should be hosting some Waypoint Community playdates for Halo 1 and 2 on XBC. Don’t know why no one has with the lack of CE multiplayer for Anniversary and Halo 2 servers being shut down.

I’d do it myself, but it can’t seem to let me host games. Only join them.

> I really think someone should be hosting some Waypoint Community playdates for Halo 1 and 2 on XBC. Don’t know why no one has with the lack of CE multiplayer for Anniversary and Halo 2 servers being shut down.
>
> I’d do it myself, but it can’t seem to let me host games. Only join them.

This.

The XBC community is pretty poor anyway, playing Halo 2 again is fun, but you’ll end up getting frustrated with the closed lobbies, lag, and constant games of BR starts on Lockout and Midship.

I’m going to record the game sessions if I can successfully get it up. Would be fun to have some Halo 2 LIVE footage going.

I’m on XBC right now for anyone who wants to get some games going. Halo 1 or Halo 2.

When I go to find my console it doesn’t list any of the adapters to search :frowning: any idea why?