Getting in the Mantis and stuck by team mates

Really… some people are so childish.

4 times in a row either when I got into the Mantis or a team mate… immediately some jack wagon on our team stickys them and blows them up.

This crap needs to be addressed … otherwise players wanting to get achievements such as the 20 stomps with the Mantis will have to resort to fullout boosting rather than legitimately attempting to get an achievement.

2 of the people that were doing it … after blowing up their fellow team mate, just sat and camped the mantis spawn… for the whole game.

I submitted reviews so they were not preferred players and still got matched up with them after leaving the party they were in.

I’d really like some sort of official response… Normally I’d let the children be on their way and just ignore them, but I don’t enjoy spending hours attempting to get into the mantis so I can stomp out 20 kills… only to continually get blown up purposefully by team mates who are obviously too young to play during the hours I do.

At the very least fix the matching system so I’m not put into a match with players I’ve set as non preferred.

You bringing this up reminds me when I played halo 4 the first day and I always lost to teammates to get in the mantis, and when I finally got in and the excitement I got to finally test it turned to a rage. I was blown up by my own team. Every day this happened to me a couple of times.

I honestly had rare problems with this until the damn achievement came out. Now everybody feels entitled to the mantis and they’ll -Yoink- you up if you go near it lol.

Best thing to do is play with a clan, and rotate out who gets to use the mantis for their achievement.

Support Armored Core and Hawken. Ride only in Mechs that are awesome and not suffering from balance arthritis.

I’m done supporting Armored Core.

They throw you in with virtually no explanation of the various things you need to know in order to make a top tier core.

Their story is pretty much non existent. Does ANYBODY follow the story? Every mission is like a whole 5 lines of badly translated confusion. It references the other games so incredibly heavily (I assume), that that if you miss anything, you’re completedly lost from then on.

The controls also were annoying, and the various conquest type missions where poorly done, with people boosting, and even cheaters going around using those super weapons (Forget the name), WHILE moving (Even though you’re not supposed to be able to do that with some, and it clearly shows them doing so on the end match theater, which is the most pathetic theater system I’ve ever seen)

Loved AC on the PS1, the 360 versions are terrible.

It’s just par for the course… meaning… FRUSTRATING!!!

Its the same thing as Reach with the power weapon’s, Now they can’t kill you so they go after the vehicle. 343 fail.

> I submitted reviews so they were not preferred players and still got matched up with them after leaving the party they were in.
>
> At the very least fix the matching system so I’m not put into a match with players I’ve set as non preferred.

343 netcode son, that’s the first thing you gotta learn.

I seriously wonder what made them decide to disable friendly fire, yet allow people to disable friendly vehicles. Did they not see this in playtesting?

Worse yet, they made an achievement for it so not only are people fighting for the vehicle at the beginning, but they’ll blow the game just to get a stomp or two.

For everyone with this issue, watch the clock. It’s around a 3 minute respawn so keep getting kills in-between and show up with around 15 seconds prior and you’ll hopefully get it.

I Had the enemy team last night spamming me with plasma pistols to hijack me (fair enough)
My team mates stood there and watched, not once do they fire a single round at the opposition.

your all -Yoink!-

> I seriously wonder what made them decide to disable friendly fire, yet allow people to disable friendly vehicles. Did they not see this in playtesting?

343 Playtesting? lol surely you jest.

Yaeh I have had the Mantis trashesd by spiteful toads on my own team a couple of times.LOSERS!.

> > I seriously wonder what made them decide to disable friendly fire, yet allow people to disable friendly vehicles. Did they not see this in playtesting?
>
> 343 Playtesting? lol surely you jest.

“We do not currently have any plans for a public beta. Our goal is to dedicate all of the the time we’d have to put into a public beta to fine tuning the game for release.” Anyone remember that? Anyone remember thinking “Uh oh. This will be the first Halo since Halo 2 not to have a public beta. But that’s fine right? Halo 2 was a pretty balanced and bug free game right? Oh jesus, we’re screwed.” I know I did.

mantis is worthless anyways. It’s offensive presence is worse than a dmr, and lets face it nobody likes defense.
At the start of every CTF/btb game, my team doesn’t even get in it. 4/5 of rush top mid so we can get laser to take care of the mantis early on so we don’t have stupid stalements.
mantis just encourages you not to push forward.

And i’m one of the people who if i search randomly will blow up the mantis. I won’t go out of my way to kill it, but lets say it betrays me, accidentally blows up my vehicle, blocks my escaping point, you can bet that the next time i spawn, i will have a PP and 3 plasma grenades

happens to me as well quite often. a -Yoink!- threw 2 plasmas on my damaged tank (he wasn´t even waiting for the tank there).
i was really pissed because of it.

fortunately, he got the tank after a while as well and i could pay back the bill :slight_smile:
i also blocked his line of sight while charging spartan laser and absorbed the laser .
he immediately left the lobby after the game.

carma is a -Yoink- :slight_smile:

There is no sure fire way to address childish behavior over the internet. Playing with friends is about the only way people won’t be jerks.

> I’m done supporting Armored Core.
>
> They throw you in with virtually no explanation of the various things you need to know in order to make a top tier core.
>
> Their story is pretty much non existent. Does ANYBODY follow the story? Every mission is like a whole 5 lines of badly translated confusion. It references the other games so incredibly heavily (I assume), that that if you miss anything, you’re completedly lost from then on.
>
> The controls also were annoying, and the various conquest type missions where poorly done, with people boosting, and even cheaters going around using those super weapons (Forget the name), WHILE moving (Even though you’re not supposed to be able to do that with some, and it clearly shows them doing so on the end match theater, which is the most pathetic theater system I’ve ever seen)
>
> Loved AC on the PS1, the 360 versions are terrible.

All valid points and very true. That’s why Armored Core needs to be told in a western manner, with some love of giant jet mechs thrown in.

I had this happen too, very strange.

Boot option?

Long story short, having friendly fire enabled is a necessity.

Also, if you’re party was set to “open” they probable just joined you after you left the lobby. :wink:

I then I see the news today… I guess the actions I see in games mirror life…
So much is missing that used be taught to everyone as a child, respect, doing what is right, common sense, most people to worried about their own life to help out someone else.