Getting demolished in some games? H2A

Well, I was trying out H2A matchmaking today and I got absolutely demolished, granted its been a while however my entire team was getting demolished rather, top player on my team had 6 kills, other top player on the other team had like 18. Any ideas on what to do?

This has been mentioned many times, especially today. It is happening because the rank system does not work AT ALL in TMCC. So if you are a level 5 for example you can easily be placed with a level 50. NOTHING at all is balanced anywhere in TMCC. Its very broken.

We are hoping the April CU will address these problems with the ranks.

Ah, I see, I have been getting better and more or less remembering it more and more, tactics etc, so its not all bad. I’m sure I will get it back in time. I just want to be average and not screw my team :stuck_out_tongue:

Is it broken or is it a limited population?

> 2533275017346820;1:
> . Any ideas on what to do?

Don’t suck?

H2a has the biggest skill gap in my opinion, your either very bad or very good. Theres no middle ground. i thought i sucked at halo until i played another playlist. H2a is crap. grenades are overpowered, and br starts all the time really annoys and bores the hell outta me. i say lets just leave the little H2a community alone and have fun elsewhere lol I guess what attracts average gamers to that playlist is the ranking, once ranking appears on other playlists i think h2a will have nobody but the pros and the oldskool players playing it. halo 4 is by far the most fun, as it has decent enough hit detection and people actually using different weapons, and people voting for more than just slayer BRs 24/7

> 2787272447958470;2:
> This has been mentioned many times, especially today. It is happening because the rank system does not work AT ALL in TMCC. So if you are a level 5 for example you can easily be placed with a level 50. NOTHING at all is balanced anywhere in TMCC. Its very broken.
>
> We are hoping the April CU will address these problems with the ranks.

I just made a thread about this. Look at that beauty…

Those grenades are crazy in H2a.

> 2787272447958470;2:
> This has been mentioned many times, especially today. It is happening because the rank system does not work AT ALL in TMCC. So if you are a level 5 for example you can easily be placed with a level 50. NOTHING at all is balanced anywhere in TMCC. Its very broken.
>
> We are hoping the April CU will address these problems with the ranks.

Not too mention there’s players who have a 50, and yer go constantly negative. Ranks mean absolutely nothing right now.

> 2533274855415912;4:
> Is it broken or is it a limited population?

broken… when i get matched against all 40s when im an 18 its broken.

> 2533274905889591;10:
> > 2533274855415912;4:
> > Is it broken or is it a limited population?
>
>
> broken… when i get matched against all 40s when im an 18 its broken.

Look at the link I posted. 3 50’s against a team where no one breaks 20

> 2535439780651594;5:
> > 2533275017346820;1:
> > . Any ideas on what to do?
>
>
> Don’t suck?

Your GT is rose uniform lol i bet your really “good”

Alright, so I seem to have found the issue more or less, as I have gotten re-acquainted, the team that has the host/is hosting has a massive advantage, and I can tell as the games that we have won by a large amount are because the people can’t even shoot before they get two br-bursts to the head before they even get the damage and can react.

Second issue is grenades, I don’t know what is going on with them, but the explosion radius and damage is insane, and at no point in time will you not be bombarded with 12 grenades.

just a insurance policy for me not being slaughtered on here, this is my opinion, not fact, i just want to know what others think.

So what is it that you guys think? Do you agree with this?

Also another thing I wanted to add, 343 is at least attempting to fix the problem, patch it whatever, I’m not sure who was in charge for testing the product before launch, but whoever was made a mistake, and a lot of games have had bad launches before, but some of them don’t even try to fix the issues, at least 343 is trying, I’m not saying they are justified for selling the game with this many bugs, but they are trying to make it right. The games I have played where it was evenly balanced, one of them for example one flag ctf was extremely enjoyable, most fun I’ve had playing a multiplayer game in a long time.

And another thing, to some people that just visit the forums for the first time, there can be a lot of trolls and whatnot and that may affect their view on the community, but if you really try, dig deep and read, there are a lot of good people in this community.

> 2533275017346820;13:
> Alright, so I seem to have found the issue more or less, as I have gotten re-acquainted, the team that has the host/is hosting has a massive advantage, and I can tell as the games that we have won by a large amount are because the people can’t even shoot before they get two br-bursts to the head before they even get the damage and can react.
>
> Second issue is grenades, I don’t know what is going on with them, but the explosion radius and damage is insane, and at no point in time will you not be bombarded with 12 grenades.
>
> just a insurance policy for me not being slaughtered on here, this is my opinion, not fact, i just want to know what others think.
>
> So what is it that you guys think? Do you agree with this?
>
> Also another thing I wanted to add, 343 is at least attempting to fix the problem, patch it whatever, I’m not sure who was in charge for testing the product before launch, but whoever was made a mistake, and a lot of games have had bad launches before, but some of them don’t even try to fix the issues, at least 343 is trying, I’m not saying they are justified for selling the game with this many bugs, but they are trying to make it right. The games I have played where it was evenly balanced, one of them for example one flag ctf was extremely enjoyable, most fun I’ve had playing a multiplayer game in a long time.
>
> And another thing, to some people that just visit the forums for the first time, there can be a lot of trolls and whatnot and that may affect their view on the community, but if you really try, dig deep and read, there are a lot of good people in this community.

I had a similar theory that maybe the alg is limited to only one team hence why the games are so inbalanced and one team wins and the otherone gets stomped on…

> 2533274905889591;10:
> > 2533274855415912;4:
> > Is it broken or is it a limited population?
>
>
> broken… when i get matched against all 40s when im an 18 its broken.

You’d see the same thing if it was a problem with limited population though, so you really didn’t answer that.

> 2533274831961512;11:
> > 2533274905889591;10:
> > > 2533274855415912;4:
> > > Is it broken or is it a limited population?
> >
> >
> > broken… when i get matched against all 40s when im an 18 its broken.
>
>
> Look at the link I posted. 3 50’s against a team where no one breaks 20

Ya, same thing. If the problem was limited population you’d still be seeing this. With limited population the search engine can do two things. Sit and spin for a while to find more evenly matched players, or time out looking and settle with whoever is available. It’s a double edged sword. What is worse, waiting forever for a match, or getting stuck playing against much higher ranked people?

> 2533274855415912;15:
> > 2533274905889591;10:
> > > 2533274855415912;4:
> > > Is it broken or is it a limited population?
> >
> >
> > broken… when i get matched against all 40s when im an 18 its broken.
>
>
> You’d see the same thing if it was a problem with limited population though, so you really didn’t answer that.

No actually you wouldn’t. I have been playing Halo for 10+ years since Halo 2 and never in all those years was I EVER matched with a level 40 or 50 if I was a lower rank. EVER.

I could put Halo 3 in on the 360 right now and I guarantee it wont match me with a level 50.

All that would happen would be longer wait times with a lower population. It would not match a 5 with a 50. It would not match a 18 with a 40. That never happened.

> 2787272447958470;17:
> > 2533274855415912;15:
> > > 2533274905889591;10:
> > > > 2533274855415912;4:
> > > > Is it broken or is it a limited population?
> > >
> > >
> > > broken… when i get matched against all 40s when im an 18 its broken.
> >
> >
> > You’d see the same thing if it was a problem with limited population though, so you really didn’t answer that.
>
>
> No actually you wouldn’t. I have been playing Halo for 10+ years since Halo 2 and never in all those years was I EVER matched with a level 40 or 50 as a lower rank. EVER.
>
> I could put Halo 3 in on the 360 right now and I guarantee it wont match me with a level 50.
>
> All that would happen would be longer wait times with a lower population. It would not match a 5 with a 50. It would not match a 18 with a 40. That never happened.

We aren’t talking about the old Halo 2 or 3 though. We’re talking about TMCC. It all depends on what the developers have deemed necessary. It’s not going to be the same code. I’ve been playing for 10+ years too. TMCC works nothing like the old games. If you wanted to compare them to make a point of differences that would make sense, Just out of curiousity, go ahead and put in your Halo 3 and report the results. I would but I gave mine to gamestop.

> 2533274855415912;18:
> > 2787272447958470;17:
> > > 2533274855415912;15:
> > > > 2533274905889591;10:
> > > > > 2533274855415912;4:
> > > > > Is it broken or is it a limited population?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > broken… when i get matched against all 40s when im an 18 its broken.
> > >
> > >
> > > You’d see the same thing if it was a problem with limited population though, so you really didn’t answer that.
> >
> >
> > No actually you wouldn’t. I have been playing Halo for 10+ years since Halo 2 and never in all those years was I EVER matched with a level 40 or 50 as a lower rank. EVER.
> >
> > I could put Halo 3 in on the 360 right now and I guarantee it wont match me with a level 50.
> >
> > All that would happen would be longer wait times with a lower population. It would not match a 5 with a 50. It would not match a 18 with a 40. That never happened.
>
>
> We aren’t talking about the old Halo 2 or 3 though. We’re talking about TMCC. It all depends on what the developers have deemed necessary. It’s not going to be the same code. I’ve been playing for 10+ years too. TMCC works nothing like the old games. If you wanted to compare them to make a point of differences that would make sense, Just out of curiousity, go ahead and put in your Halo 3 and report the results. I would but I gave mine to gamestop.

Well that’s the point. They promised we would have the same game we had 10 years ago. TMCC is very broken. We are just hoping the updates will eventually give us a similar working ranked system.

As for Halo 3, I forgot that I traded that into Gamestop toward TMCC. I do thankfully still have Halo 4 on the 360. And I still play BTB from time to time since that doesnt work well in TMCC. But the ranks are not visible in H4 so its hard to tell who I am being matched with. But I know I am not being matched with level 50s in H4.

took me a while to get back in the groove of it