Get Your Priorities Straight

Every game I’m constantly betrayed. Every. Single. Game. No option to boot. Not once. Friend of mine doesn’t back all the way out and gets a 3 hour ban for idling.

You’ve got bigger problems to fix other than someone idle in game.

You’re saying that you are personally betrayed every single game? I’ve been team killed a handful of times, some accidental, some not so much. I honestly have a hard time believing that you’re being betrayed as much as you say if there isn’t something being done to warrant something like that. As far as idling goes, it gives the other team a free target and the other team one less player for support, which isn’t fair to either. The backout system is a little wonky, but if you take a few seconds to make sure you’re actually backed out to the menu, then problem solved.

So a player betraying another player intentionally or on accident is 343i’s fault or the player’s fault? Friendly fire is on for a reason, probably because of grenades and makes you think twice on where you throw it. So it is the player’s fault that he/she betrayed a teammate, whether it be an accident or intentionally. If they idle in the game, it is on the player. The player is making the choices. 343i has no control on what a player does but can only try to prevent it so that players will have a good experience. May sound like its 343’s fault, but who is actually doing the betraying, 343i or the player?

The issue is betraying, whether intentional or not, is rampant right now. I know there are systems in place to give players the option to boot. I had a teammate spawn in front of me while I was in a Ghost and I got booted because of it. I’m just asking for consistency.

Yet, a player unintentionally spends a game idle and gets a 3 hour ban? Seems excessive. Why not just remove them from MM? There’s always the option to pick up teammates mid game.

All this petty BS, yet we can’t get decent stats post game. I miss the option to view my medals, see whom I killed most, etc.

<mark>Do not post spam.</mark>

Need some help?
Archive Official

> 2533274808122910;5:
> Need some help?
>
> Archive Official

Nope

You don’t get booted for one betrayal, it has to be a recurring deal. Similarly, idling for one match won’t result in a ban either. Your friend probably has a number of DNFs, which would be the cause for the ban. I’ve accidentally idled for a game before and was kicked, but had very few if any DNFs at that point, and did not receive a ban. That player will be removed from the match after a certain amount of time spent idling, they don’t remain in the game for the entirety.

What game modes are you playing that are resulting in these betrayals?

> 2582197822064084;4:
> The issue is betraying, whether intentional or not, is rampant right now. I know there are systems in place to give players the option to boot. I had a teammate spawn in front of me while I was in a Ghost and I got booted because of it. I’m just asking for consistency.
>
> Yet, a player unintentionally spends a game idle and gets a 3 hour ban? Seems excessive. Why not just remove them from MM? There’s always the option to pick up teammates mid game.
>
> All this petty BS, yet we can’t get decent stats post game. I miss the option to view my medals, see whom I killed most, etc.

Removing them from matchmaking would be excessive punishment. Like your friend who didn’t back out all the way, what if he was permanently banned from the game instead of a 3 hour ban. 343i will not argue with someone who was idle in a game or unsuccessfully backed out, because that is the player’s fault for not correctly following the rules or not making sure they did it correctly.

However betraying is very difficult to detect. A loophole has been spread around in Arena, either being used and 343i has been notified. Best option is to report the player.
Stats post games like medals and who you killed the most has been addressed and 343i had released a statement that they are already working on it, I believe it was in one of their live streams.

The blanket statement: We’re addressing it.

> 2582197822064084;9:
> The blanket statement: We’re addressing it.

That’s all there is. They are listening to community feedback as best as possible. We can only wait to see. So far they have made tweaks and fixed a couple of things but problems will always keep happening. Gotta take it as is.

> 2535409103705542;10:
> > 2582197822064084;9:
> > The blanket statement: We’re addressing it.
>
>
> That’s all there is. They are listening to community feedback as best as possible. We can only wait to see. So far they have made tweaks and fixed a couple of things but problems will always keep happening. Gotta take it as is.

Here’s a tweak: Nerf the exploder goose.

> 2582197822064084;1:
> Every game I’m constantly betrayed. Every. Single. Game. No option to boot. Not once. Friend of mine doesn’t back all the way out and gets a 3 hour ban for idling.
>
> You’ve got bigger problems to fix other than someone idle in game.

Sounds like you need to get your priorities straight. Find and play with people who aren’t yoinkhats. Even when I play solo i hardly ever get batrayed on purpose, makes one wonder what actions your doing that would cause you to be constantly betrayed.

343i hopefully does have there priorities straight and is focused on creating more game types, maps, features, fixing exploits and server maintenance. Doubt there focused on fixing all these PEBCAC problems running rampant on the forums. “I removed all the spawns in forge and now my map is broken”, “I get betrayed constantly”, “I’am banned for being MIA”, “I’am banned for quitting” ect.

Anyway goodluck finding people to play with.

> 2535415766520141;12:
> > 2582197822064084;1:
> > Every game I’m constantly betrayed. Every. Single. Game. No option to boot. Not once. Friend of mine doesn’t back all the way out and gets a 3 hour ban for idling.
> >
> > You’ve got bigger problems to fix other than someone idle in game.
>
>
> Sounds like you need to get your priorities straight. Find and play with people who aren’t yoinkhats. Even when I play solo i hardly ever get batrayed on purpose, makes one wonder what actions your doing that would cause you to be constantly betrayed.
>
> 343i hopefully does have there priorities straight and is focused on creating more game types, maps, features, fixing exploits and server maintenance. Doubt there focused on fixing all these PEBCAC problems running rampant on the forums. “I removed all the spawns in forge and now my map is broken”, “I get betrayed constantly”, “I’am banned for being MIA”, “I’am banned for quitting” ect.
>
> Anyway goodluck finding people to play with.

Always getting betrayed for power weapons. And yes, having teammates shoot you to put you no shields or putting the last shot in you after you’ve been in a 1v1 so the other teams gets credit for the kill is the same as a betrayal.

> 2582197822064084;13:
> > 2535415766520141;12:
> > > 2582197822064084;1:
> > > Every game I’m constantly betrayed. Every. Single. Game. No option to boot. Not once. Friend of mine doesn’t back all the way out and gets a 3 hour ban for idling.
> > >
> > > You’ve got bigger problems to fix other than someone idle in game.
> >
> >
> > Sounds like you need to get your priorities straight. Find and play with people who aren’t yoinkhats. Even when I play solo i hardly ever get batrayed on purpose, makes one wonder what actions your doing that would cause you to be constantly betrayed.
> >
> > 343i hopefully does have there priorities straight and is focused on creating more game types, maps, features, fixing exploits and server maintenance. Doubt there focused on fixing all these PEBCAC problems running rampant on the forums. “I removed all the spawns in forge and now my map is broken”, “I get betrayed constantly”, “I’am banned for being MIA”, “I’am banned for quitting” ect.
> >
> > Anyway goodluck finding people to play with.
>
>
> Always getting betrayed for power weapons. And yes, having teammates shoot you to put you no shields or putting the last shot in you after you’ve been in a 1v1 so the other teams gets credit for the kill is the same as a betrayal.

I never thought I would come across anyone who had worse teammates then me(and this was 4 Years ago lol)

Also… sometimes the “betrayal” can be self-inflicted.

I’ve played with a few people who keep charging into the enemy’s nest without thinking that the rest of the team are about to lob some grenades into the heart of enemy territory.

Or, one team-mate the other day, kept running around the map with me (which is good)… but he insisted on sprinting ahead of me at the last minute despite knowing that I was toting the rocket launcher! It didn’t end well for him/her… but they at least had the good grace not to boot me. :slight_smile:

Anyway, the point I want to make is that if you are getting betrayed a lot… then it may not entirely be the fault of the rest of your team?

> 2585548714655118;15:
> Also… sometimes the “betrayal” can be self-inflicted.
>
> I’ve played with a few people who keep charging into the enemy’s nest without thinking that the rest of the team are about to lob some grenades into the heart of enemy territory.
>
> Or, one team-mate the other day, kept running around the map with me (which is good)… but he insisted on sprinting ahead of me at the last minute despite knowing that I was toting the rocket launcher! It didn’t end well for him/her… but they at least had the good grace not to boot me. :slight_smile:
>
> Anyway, the point I want to make is that if you are getting betrayed a lot… then it may not entirely be the fault of the rest of your team?

I agree with this. I think a lot of the angst about dropping rank or getting banned is more about the individual players voicing them and their own fault in the game. Not actually the game’s fault.

That’s a community problem, not company

> 2582197822064084;13:
> > 2535415766520141;12:
> > > 2582197822064084;1:
> > > Every game I’m constantly betrayed. Every. Single. Game. No option to boot. Not once. Friend of mine doesn’t back all the way out and gets a 3 hour ban for idling.
> > >
> > > You’ve got bigger problems to fix other than someone idle in game.
> >
> >
> > Sounds like you need to get your priorities straight. Find and play with people who aren’t yoinkhats. Even when I play solo i hardly ever get batrayed on purpose, makes one wonder what actions your doing that would cause you to be constantly betrayed.
> >
> > 343i hopefully does have there priorities straight and is focused on creating more game types, maps, features, fixing exploits and server maintenance. Doubt there focused on fixing all these PEBCAC problems running rampant on the forums. “I removed all the spawns in forge and now my map is broken”, “I get betrayed constantly”, “I’am banned for being MIA”, “I’am banned for quitting” ect.
> >
> > Anyway goodluck finding people to play with.
>
>
> Always getting betrayed for power weapons. And yes, having teammates shoot you to put you no shields or putting the last shot in you after you’ve been in a 1v1 so the other teams gets credit for the kill is the same as a betrayal.

This is how it has been since halo combat evolved with the exception of halo 4 witch caused an uproar so 343i learned from their mistakes maybe you should do the same.

I personally don’t think this is as big as a problem as your making it out to be and is easily remedied by playing with decent players.

I’m writing down your gamertag, just in case i’ll see you in matchmaking.

I’m going to betrey the flipping flip out of you

> 2582197822064084;1:
> Every game I’m constantly betrayed. Every. Single. Game. No option to boot. Not once. Friend of mine doesn’t back all the way out and gets a 3 hour ban for idling.
>
> You’ve got bigger problems to fix other than someone idle in game.

Are you sure you aren’t doing something to provoke people? There are -Yoink- players who’ll betray for fun or power weapons, but not every game.