Get the Latest Halo Toy News

Hello all!

I’m sure I’m not the only Halo toy collector, so I’ve created this thread where you can discuss Mega Bloks, McFarlane, Play Arts Kai, ThreeA, etc.

Feel free to post news, opinions, reviews, links, etc., so long as they relate to the subject at hand (Halo toys).

Enjoy, my friends! I’ll start by posting a link: Halo Toy News. This website is one of the best places to go for Reviews, News, etc. The person in charge is very up-to-date with all of his posts. I recommend you all become regulars at the site. Also, thanks to a Chinese seller, these Mega Bloks sets have been fully revealed: Flood and Zombies! Look at the second post on the webpage. :wink:

Feel free to discuss!

EDIT: I made some documents that I’d like to share. Here’s the links, along with more information.

> Hey guys, I made these Mega Bloks lists, which show every figure and set released TO DATE, updated today (5-3-14). Enjoy: Halo Mega Bloks Sets List Updated 5-3-14, Halo Universe Mega Bloks Sets List (NEW!), Halo Universe Mega Bloks Figures List (Diecast Stuff) Updated 7-28-13, and Halo Mega Bloks Figures List Updated 5-3-14.
>
> EDIT: Cripes! I forgot to allow them to be viewed. The issue has been fixed now. I apologize.

NEW HELPERS: s452 is going to be helping me with managing this thread. If you have a question relating to the topic at hand, feel free to ask him or me in this topic or via P.M. Thanks!

KeturahVII has also decided that she would help by providing links and information about Halo Toy related sales! Check her posts to find out more. ;D

Cyanades will help by providing posts relating to Canadian Mega Bloks sightings, and others, if he finds them. Check his posts for updates on the situation there. ;D

If anyone else wants to become a helper in this topic, feel free to P.M. me or post here in the thread. I appreciate it!

EDIT 6-9-14: I have updated the Gamertags listed to reflect current statuses.

-Cizlin

I like the look of those new mini figs, good variety there. Knowing my luck though, I’ll just get nothing but grunts… :confused:

On another note, I also like the look of that Pelican. Nice detail there. I dread to think how I would animate it though.

> I like the look of those new mini figs, good variety there. Knowing my luck though, I’ll just get nothing but grunts… :confused:
>
> On another note, I also like the look of that Pelican. Nice detail there. I dread to think how I would animate it though.

WOOHOO!!! FELLOW COLLECTOR!!! :smiley: Technically, I’m not supposed to tell you this, but there are codes on the back of the packages. Though this video is kind of outdated, it gives yo the general idea. Basically, it’ll either be on the left or right side of the back of the package. Here’s the video: teh video. Each figure has a unique code for the month it was manufactured. You may have noticed the code on the bloks they come with? It will look something like this: A08120MM. The first two numbers (08) are the day, The second two numbers (12) are the month, and the last number (0) is the year. Therefore, this particular set/figure was packaged, along with its bretheren, on the 8th of December, 2010. If you were wondering, that is the Green Covenant Elite from Series 1. Of course, there are multiple runs, meaning multiple codes, but for a month or two, the codes will be current from the day they are recorded. The only way to know which code is which is by purchasing them all, obviously. I’ll post a link to the Codes topic on SpartanBloks when these are released. :wink:

That Pelican is awesome. Most older collectors dislike the new lights and sounds, but I think they’re awesome. :smiley: By animate, do you mean stopmotion? I made two videos and turned them in to a contest. They’re not particularly good, but for my first stopmotions, they’re OK. I can post a link to them, if you would like to see them. :wink:

EDIT: Tl;dr version: MB packs haz codez. Pelican haz L & S and I maked 2 stop motions. Make sense? No? Well then, read the giant wall of text. It’s good for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m quite a bit behind on the Mcfarlane toys line, but i’ve got myself a few Spartans and elites sitting around, Such as Shipmaster, arbiter, and the Arbiter from Halo Wars.

Also, The Mcfarlane Toys Hunter FIgurine makes for a great book end. It is currently supporting my Xbox cases on it’s left shoulder.

I only have one Halo toy, it’s an unopened Halo Actionclix set with the Chief and Arbiter that was given out free with preorders to Halo 3 at Target.

> > I like the look of those new mini figs, good variety there. Knowing my luck though, I’ll just get nothing but grunts… :confused:
> >
> > On another note, I also like the look of that Pelican. Nice detail there. I dread to think how I would animate it though.
>
> WOOHOO!!! FELLOW COLLECTOR!!! :smiley: Technically, I’m not supposed to tell you this, but there are codes on the back of the packages. Though this video is kind of outdated, it gives yo the general idea. Basically, it’ll either be on the left or right side of the back of the package. Here’s the video: teh video. Each figure has a unique code for the month it was manufactured. You may have noticed the code on the bloks they come with? It will look something like this: A08120MM. The first two numbers (08) are the day, The second two numbers (12) are the month, and the last number (0) is the year. Therefore, this particular set/figure was packaged, along with its bretheren, on the 8th of December, 2010. If you were wondering, that is the Green Covenant Elite from Series 1. Of course, there are multiple runs, meaning multiple codes, but for a month or two, the codes will be current from the day they are recorded. The only way to know which code is which is by purchasing them all, obviously. I’ll post a link to the Codes topic on SpartanBloks when these are released. :wink:
>
> That Pelican is awesome. Most older collectors dislike the new lights and sounds, but I think they’re awesome. :smiley: By animate, do you mean stopmotion? I made two videos and turned them in to a contest. They’re not particularly good, but for my first stopmotions, they’re OK. I can post a link to them, if you would like to see them. :wink:
>
> EDIT: Tl;dr version: MB packs haz codez. Pelican haz L & S and I maked 2 stop motions. Make sense? No? Well then, read the giant wall of text. It’s good for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry for not replying straight away, it was getting late for me. Yeah I mean stop motion. I’ve got the story boards for one now, and the figures. I just can’t make a set for the animation though. I don’t know where to start. I wouldn’t seeing the animations you made actually. :slight_smile:

Also, you can find out what figure is inside the pack!? That’s pretty awesome!

Randomly, in the series 6 (I think) set of mini figs, I bought five of them at once. FOUR of them ended up being the same rare mini fig! (yellow Spartan-III). The other was another rare one, a cyan elite!

> > > I like the look of those new mini figs, good variety there. Knowing my luck though, I’ll just get nothing but grunts… :confused:
> > >
> > > On another note, I also like the look of that Pelican. Nice detail there. I dread to think how I would animate it though.
> >
> > WOOHOO!!! FELLOW COLLECTOR!!! :smiley: Technically, I’m not supposed to tell you this, but there are codes on the back of the packages. Though this video is kind of outdated, it gives yo the general idea. Basically, it’ll either be on the left or right side of the back of the package. Here’s the video: teh video. Each figure has a unique code for the month it was manufactured. You may have noticed the code on the bloks they come with? It will look something like this: A08120MM. The first two numbers (08) are the day, The second two numbers (12) are the month, and the last number (0) is the year. Therefore, this particular set/figure was packaged, along with its bretheren, on the 8th of December, 2010. If you were wondering, that is the Green Covenant Elite from Series 1. Of course, there are multiple runs, meaning multiple codes, but for a month or two, the codes will be current from the day they are recorded. The only way to know which code is which is by purchasing them all, obviously. I’ll post a link to the Codes topic on SpartanBloks when these are released. :wink:
> >
> > That Pelican is awesome. Most older collectors dislike the new lights and sounds, but I think they’re awesome. :smiley: By animate, do you mean stopmotion? I made two videos and turned them in to a contest. They’re not particularly good, but for my first stopmotions, they’re OK. I can post a link to them, if you would like to see them. :wink:
> >
> > EDIT: Tl;dr version: MB packs haz codez. Pelican haz L & S and I maked 2 stop motions. Make sense? No? Well then, read the giant wall of text. It’s good for you. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Sorry for not replying straight away, it was getting late for me. Yeah I mean stop motion. I’ve got the story boards for one now, and the figures. I just can’t make a set for the animation though. I don’t know where to start. I wouldn’t seeing the animations you made actually. :slight_smile:
>
> Also, you can find out what figure is inside the pack!? That’s pretty awesome!
>
> Randomly, in the series 6 (I think) set of mini figs, I bought five of them at once. FOUR of them ended up being the same rare mini fig! (yellow Spartan-III). The other was another rare one, a cyan elite!

Don’t worry, you’re fine. It’s nice to see this thread getting some replies. :smiley: As for stopmotions I did, here you go: UNSC or Covenant and Secrets of the Flood. I encourage you all to watch them. They’re not great, but I think the story line (if you can call it that) is rather clever, if I do say so myself.

Oh and I’ll just throw this official reveal out there: Glow in the Dark? SCORE!!!

Actually, when I first started collecting these, I researched a bunch on them (They were so @#$%ing cool!). I found out about the codes before I even saw a Mystery Pack (Series 2, at the time). From then on, I made sure to buy only one of each figure. By sheer miracle, I found Series 1 in September of that year. Yeah, I know, it’s crazy that I found them. Anyway, I have one of each figure, except for some multiples I bought to sell on eBay (I have 3 Cortana’s lying around somewhere.) So yeah, the codes are VERY reliable. :wink: Although, don’t talk about them on Mega’s Facebook page. They don’t like people using them, because they’re supposed to be “random”. I’d rather save my money for things like the Forward Unto Dawn, instead of buying a bunch of Packs, though. Oh yeah, by the way, this is Forward Unto Dawn: FUD. :smiley:

No, there’s no tl; dr version. Read the whole thing, lazy people. :stuck_out_tongue:

> I’m quite a bit behind on the Mcfarlane toys line, but i’ve got myself a few Spartans and elites sitting around, Such as Shipmaster, arbiter, and the Arbiter from Halo Wars.
>
> Also, The Mcfarlane Toys Hunter FIgurine makes for a great book end. It is currently supporting my Xbox cases on it’s left shoulder.

Nice! I’ve heard that the Promethean Knight is roughly as tall as the Hunter. There’s your other bookend! :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve only got the Covenant Spec Ops 2-pack from Reach, as far as McFarlane goes. It’s very cool, though. :smiley:

@DecepticonCobra: Dude…you need to collect more of these things. They’re so freaking awesome. It’s fun to get “hands on” with what was previously only pixels on a TV screen. :smiley:

Extra, extra, read all about it! UNSC Mammoth $200 playset accidentally revealed via French auction. I know it’s $200, because it is $220 Canadian Dollars. This is likely to be the second Signature Series set, with the first being the $250 Forward Unto Dawn. Where the @#$% am I gonna find the room for the FUD, let alone the money? And now this is revealed. I like you, Mega Bloks, but don’t let this come out until Fall 2014! I can’t afford it! D:

EDIT:Almost forgot…here’s the link! Click me, if you dare.

Look at this PROTOTYPE, teased by none other than Mega Bloks themselves: Teh Mammoth has a friend!
It is theorized, based on responses from Mega Bloks, that Roland here will come in the new Mammoth, similar to how Cortana came in the Forward Unto Dawn. It is also possible that he will come in a smaller, more affordable set, too. Discuss, my fellow collectors!

I think you may have came across some figures that are for the next title.

For instance there is a flying UNSC ufo and a unnamed UNSC motorcycle. Plus what is that flood bubble thing!?

> I think you may have came across some figures that are for the next title.
>
> For instance there is a flying UNSC ufo and a unnamed UNSC motorcycle. Plus what is that flood bubble thing!?

I’ll help with some of your suspicions. The Hovercraft and Siege Bike are canon, but they’re not from any games. 343i is letting Mega Bloks publish their own designs. These are two of them.

By “Flood bubble thing”, I believe you are referring to the Flood Carrier Form? That’s the only thing I can think of.

On another note, here are some reviews of the Last Man Standing Zombie Pack and the Flood Hunters Battle Pack, courtesy of SpartanBloks member Vanocean from China. Thanks Vanocean! Zombees and, well, Scary Zombees. :stuck_out_tongue:

The fact that it can store at least 6 Infection Forms inside it exceeds my expectations beyond comprehension. Good execution, Mega Bloks. :smiley:

Enjoy! Oh, and DISCUSS!! :smiley:

A Knight should be roughly the same as a Hunter and Didact, don’t feel like looking that all up.

> A Knight should be roughly the same as a Hunter and Didact, don’t feel like looking that all up.

The Mega Bloks Knight is slightly taller than a Mega Bloks Hunter, and a McFarlane Knight is about the same size as a McFarlane Hunter. As far as the Didact goes, he hasn’t been released in either McFarlane or Mega Bloks form, though McFarlane has plans to release it this October. In terms of size you are right in two respects, if not three. We will find out about the third soon. :wink:

Wow…I guess lots of people talked about E3…that’s a lot of moved threads. O.O I wanted to move this back to the first page for Halo toy fans to see. It’s not too obvious where it is right now. :confused:

Hey guys, look at this! Target Collector’s Edition Pack for Team Blue! The description says it will contain an Ascetic and a Pilot Elite, but the picture shows 2 Elite Commandos instead. This looks to be a popular set.

Also, thanks to target, we have (mostly) official prices for the Fall 2013 line of non-exclusives and Target exclusives. Enjoy!! :smiley:

Oh, right…here’s the link: Target Halo Mega Bloks Stuff

Last Man Standing Zombie Pack for $11.99? SCORE!!!

Did the action figures ever get better with Reach and Halo 4? When I was younger I got a bunch of the Halo 2 and 3 guys, but some of them constantly broke or had issues.

Of the 7 Halo 2 figures I got, one of my Elite’s hand fell off, one of the Spartan’s knee kept popping off, Chief’s hand broke off, Red Spartan’s leg broke, and the Blue guy’s hips went all wobbly. The other Elite and Jackal never had problems though.

Of the 13 Halo 3 figures I got, the camo ODST Spartan’s torso/waist all broke and disconnected, one of the MC’s had the same issue, the Red CQB spartan did too, the Security Spartan’s arm and foot can pop off, the EVA Spartan has a thumb that falls off, and one of the Spartan’s has a loose joint. The Hunter has a spike broken, but I can’t remember if I caused that or not.

So, did these guys ever stop falling apart once the box opened up or did prices just go up because they started making less action figures?

I’ve been wanting a Mcfarlane series Elite Honor Guard with an Energy Stave forever now (I have both Mega Bloks Elite Honor Guards). That’s all I really want. I’m hoping that there will be an Anniversary Series of Halo 2 in 2014 that will include that figure.

Anyways, I mainly collect both Mcfarlane series and Mega Bloks series. Lately, I’ve been digging the Mega Bloks series more. I love the Mcfarlane because of the -Yoink!- detail that goes into them. But I’ve been digging the Mega Bloks more now because of the scale and variety. There’s all kinds of figures, vehicles, scenery, and overall scale that’s making me love them more.

I’ve seen some master chief busts before and they look nice.
I might get one for my B-day if I happen to see one again and get it in blue to remind me of Caboose.

> Did the action figures ever get better with Reach and Halo 4? When I was younger I got a bunch of the Halo 2 and 3 guys, but some of them constantly broke or had issues.
>
> Of the 7 Halo 2 figures I got, one of my Elite’s hand fell off, one of the Spartan’s knee kept popping off, Chief’s hand broke off, Red Spartan’s leg broke, and the Blue guy’s hips went all wobbly. The other Elite and Jackal never had problems though.
>
> Of the 13 Halo 3 figures I got, the camo ODST Spartan’s torso/waist all broke and disconnected, one of the MC’s had the same issue, the Red CQB spartan did too, the Security Spartan’s arm and foot can pop off, the EVA Spartan has a thumb that falls off, and one of the Spartan’s has a loose joint. The Hunter has a spike broken, but I can’t remember if I caused that or not.
>
> So, did these guys ever stop falling apart once the box opened up or did prices just go up because they started making less action figures?

No, they don’t fall apart anymore…at least, not as much. If you want detailed eyewitness accounts, I suggest you read many of the McFarlane reviews on this website: Toy Reviews on Halo Toy News As far as McFarlane goes, I have a Reach Covenant Spec Ops 2-pack and a Halo 4 Master Chief. I only have one problem with the Master Chief: His left shoulder piece wasn’t glued properly. However, i is easily fixable, and he works just fine, now. :wink:

> I’ve been wanting a Mcfarlane series Elite Honor Guard with an Energy Stave forever now (I have both Mega Bloks Elite Honor Guards). That’s all I really want. I’m hoping that there will be an Anniversary Series of Halo 2 in 2014 that will include that figure.
>
>
> Anyways, I mainly collect both Mcfarlane series and Mega Bloks series. Lately, I’ve been digging the Mega Bloks series more. I love the Mcfarlane because of the -Yoink!- detail that goes into them. But I’ve been digging the Mega Bloks more now because of the scale and variety. There’s all kinds of figures, vehicles, scenery, and overall scale that’s making me love them more.

I actually collect as many as possible, even the repeats. The figures are so cool and Mega Bloks has really stepped up their game as far as bloks go…they stick together as well as Legos now, with an occasional minor exception. I have yet to deal with a better Customer Service than theirs, as they send out replacements for broken or missing parts…even figures. I recently bought the UNSC Armory Pack II, the one with the white Air Assault, and the left hand broke off…as well as the right arm. I placed an order for a new one, and, sure enough, I received a brand new figure that worked just fine. I didn’t even have to send my old one back. While McFarlane may have loads of detail, they’re also working on a 6 inch scale. Mega Bloks figures are 1.75 inches, by my approximations. As a result, the vehicles look amazing and have all sorts of cool moving features, just like in the game. The mini die-cast Scorpion even had a launching missile. :smiley:

> I’ve seen some master chief busts before and they look nice.
> I might get one for my B-day if I happen to see one again and get it in blue to remind me of Caboose.

I believe the “busts” you are referring to are either the Halo 3 Legendary Edition Helmet, or a money bank, or a small display item. Whichever it is, I agree. They look spectacular! I think it would be a great birthday present. :wink:

To be honest, I think it’s amazing that more people are finally starting to view this thread. It makes me feel more like it was a success making this thread and not a failure. Thanks to everyone who posted. I hope you all will become regulars in this thread. :wink: