Get Rid of Yoink!

If they do keep assassinations in Halo 4, I really really REALLY would like them to get rid of the Yoink! medal. It’s just obnoxious, the fact that you’re about to pull of a bad -Yoink- killing animation when out of nowhere a team mate comes up to them and takes the kill from you before your character puts his knife in their chest. Not only does he steal the kill, he gets rewarded for it. He gets a medal that gets him bonus xp at the end of the match.

Not to copy gears of war in any way, but they should do it in a similar fashion where once the animation is engaged the target can’t take damage from any other source other than the person doing the assassination. The person doing the assassination, however, is still vulnerable to damage so you can still stop him (except maybe from friendly fire because I can think of a scenario where an overzealous teammate fires a rocket when he sees an enemy being assassinated, the rocket kills the assassin, and the assassinatee gets away scott-free)

There is no such thing as “kill stealing,” until the point has been added to your total it isn’t your kill and you certainly aren’t entitled to it.

Anyway, leave Yoink in, Jeff Steitzer’s pronunciation of it is too good to cut.

No such thing as kill stealing in a team based game

> No such thing as kill stealing in a team based game

I’d have to agree. There’s nothing more annoying then a Yoink.

However, if you’re really upset, just tap the button quickly and you can skip the animation and eliminate the possibility of a kill steal.

Yoinks can be anoying but are cool

> Yoinks can be anoying but are cool

exactly. yoinks are one of those funny occasional things unique to halo.

If I’m shooting at an enemy and someone goes in for the assassination. I’m not going to stop shooting till the enemy is dead. Plenty of times I’ve held back just to get killed when the supposed teammate didn’t have it covered like one would think. That goes with vehicle combat as well.

I say keep showstopper, but get rid of yoink. Make the victim invincible, but the assassin not. When you sneak up behind somebody and earn your assassination, it’s not right for somebody to steal it. I’ve literally had people sit there and purposefully kill the person I was assassinating just to get the kill. I earned it, so why should somebody be allowed to steal it?

This is not the kid crying because you team shot a guy and he didn’t get the point. In that case there is no kill stealing.

But when a guy turns the corner and finds you assassinating an opponent only to start shooting the victim to add to his kill count, yes, that’s kill stealing . . . If you disagree, you’re one of the jerks who does it.

Idk how I feel about removing it completely. I have had hilarious yoinks with friends where I chucked a grenade across the map just for kicks nd “Yoink” pops up at the bottom of the screen. If I see an opponent getting assassinated I normally just -Yoink!- the ground in front of them in mockery of their hapless situation.

Showstoppers are too difficult to accomplish. Bungee made it sound as though if you decided to initiate the animation you’d be in real danger of getting killed, but I’m sure I’ve only had a handful of them and am always shocked when I see the medal post game on anybody. I see more running riots than showstoppers.

Yoink is amazing.

What about when you pop an enemy’s shields and someone just comes up and starts assassinating him? I want the kill for all that work.

Just give us the ability to toggle assassinations off.

I say trash the yoinks. I agree with making the person being assassinated invincible and makeing the assassin vulnerable.

> What about when you pop an enemy’s shields and someone just comes up and starts assassinating him? I want the kill for all that work.

I’d rather mock the poor sap for getting sandwiched. Everyone here knows that those assassinations are painfully long. Why would you give your enemy a quick honorable death? Nah. Watch em panic as they get dragged down. So awesome.

That is true, but yoinks are a different story. Can’t tell you how many times ive been yoinked by a DMR headshot from across the map.

I just want an option to turn off the assassination animations that’s all

I don’t mind them.
You take kill from me; I take life from you . . . twice >:D

First, there is no such thing as kill stealing. Stealing a kill makes better sense.

Second, Yoink medals are plan hilarious. i just love getting them, P*#ing off the other player.

Getting rid of it would hurt the gameplay.