Get rid of the req system

It needs to go, it is taking away too many aspects of the game, such as, a reason to level up and complex customization. 343i can make money off of other things like, for example, you can buy the sets you want in cash or pay for a exp boost. But the req system has to go. Not only does it make new players in wz get totally REQed (get it) it makes noobs that are willing to buy stuff win. In wz or wz turbo, its pay to win (or play for really long to win). 343 can make money off of aesthetics, but not vehicle and weapon reqs. Now I know what you’ll say, “well then, go play arena” but let me tell you that arena gives you pitiful amounts of req pts. If the survivors always win in inf, thats 12 min for 1000-1200, and wz is 20 min for 2000, now which would you play first if you had a boost for both wz or inf? The wz boosts are ridiculous (at least the rares are) and they give a lot of reqs if you go for boss kills. The req system kinda is ruining everything. Think about it, why does firefight need reqs? We asked for firefight not reqfight. So what do you want variants? or new content, or bad customization vs complex customization. Every update bloats the req system, (and not with good stuff but reskins and variants). And its almost impossible to get that one helmet you want.

Sorry to say but it doesn’t seem like the req system is going to leave the Halo series. It is actually spilling over into Gears of War now too because it made Halo 5 the most profitable Halo.

I don’t think you understand what “pay to win” means. Pay to win means you have to pay for top tier items that are unattainable through gameplay. You MUST spend money to get these. Buying a REQ pack gives you no more of an advantage than waiting to buy it with earned req points. It’s just a faster way to get them. I’ve never purchased a standard REQ pack (bought one that had only weapon skins in it during a promo) and I have no problem holding my own in Warzone.

I honestly don’t see a problem with the REQ system. It could be improved upon obviously, but it’s certainly not as much of a detriment to the game as you’re making it out to be.

> 2533274832376620;3:
> I don’t think you understand what “pay to win” means. Pay to win means you have to pay for top tier items that are unattainable through gameplay. You MUST spend money to get these. Buying a REQ pack gives you no more of an advantage than waiting to buy it with earned req points. It’s just a faster way to get them. I’ve never purchased a standard REQ pack (bought one that had only weapon skins in it during a promo) and I have no problem holding my own in Warzone.
>
> I honestly don’t see a problem with the REQ system. It could be improved upon obviously, but it’s certainly not as much of a detriment to the game as you’re making it out to be.

I mean what i’m trying to say is, People can literally win by paying. They req system works like this, grind until you get good reqs, now people who are willing to pay can bypass the huge grind and get the good reqs. You are a sr 99, and you have a good req, now a sr 33 that is willing to pay can have 10 of those reqs by not grinding. I’ll say it like this, what if the next req pack you are going to grind for contains a selens lance but the game of wz you are playing has a pheaton helios that is destroying everyone. You don’t have that selens lance yet, so its a matter of who has what now. Since he has bought most of the stuff in game he got all the good reqs quicker, but you still have to grind to get it. See what I mean

But the issue with your logic is that REQ packs are completely random. You cannot just go buy one of the most powerful weapons in the game. You can buy a gold pack and pray to RNGeesus (Naked Eli anyone?) that you get a top tier weapon, but you can never just pay to buy a weapon or vehicle.

You could unlock a legendary weapon the first REQ pack you ever open. With the way the REQ system is structured, a level 5 player who only earns REQ points could unlock a Phaeton certification while a level 100 who has spent real money on REQs has never even had the chance to play with one. There’s nothing wrong with that since it’s based on randomness, but that is most certainly not pay to win. It’s luck more than anything.

If you can’t differentiate between the players who have earned their REQs and the players who bought their REQs, there really isn’t an issue.

> 2535454723805219;4:
> > 2533274832376620;3:
> > I don’t think you understand what “pay to win” means. Pay to win means you have to pay for top tier items that are unattainable through gameplay. You MUST spend money to get these. Buying a REQ pack gives you no more of an advantage than waiting to buy it with earned req points. It’s just a faster way to get them. I’ve never purchased a standard REQ pack (bought one that had only weapon skins in it during a promo) and I have no problem holding my own in Warzone.
> >
> > I honestly don’t see a problem with the REQ system. It could be improved upon obviously, but it’s certainly not as much of a detriment to the game as you’re making it out to be.
>
>
> I mean what i’m trying to say is, People can literally win by paying.

No…just no. Having access to really “good” reqs does not hand you a ticket for automatic victory. You could be flying a Phaeton Helios with an Overshield active and still he taken down in short order if you don’t have the skill to adequately pilot the thing and make good use of its abilities.

You’re basically saying phenomenal reqs, purchased or otherwise, beat skill, and that has never been the case. Skill will always win out. For example, “Gee, that’s a nice Hannible Scorpion you got there. I see you’re trying to use it to pin down our team, but you keep taking it out in the open…well, let me just sneak around you and…pop, there goes your pretty tank…”

Now, you could definitely argue that a good team would cover the tank’s rear and move with it…but then you’d be arguing against yourself, since it’s driver skill and teamwork keeping the Hannible Scorpion secure.

I have over 100 tanks, 50+ Blazes of Glory, 200+ power ups, 4 Phaetons (they’re really hard to get) in my inventory…and I still lose WZ matches…because I get outplayed, even when I use those reqs.

So yeah, reqs aren’t “Pay to Win”. If you have the skill and back up to use them, then yeah, you can do pretty well. Otherwise, meh, they won’t get you far against a superior team that perhaps has lesser reqs.

> 2533274832376620;3:
> I don’t think you understand what “pay to win” means. Pay to win means you have to pay for top tier items that are unattainable through gameplay. You MUST spend money to get these. Buying a REQ pack gives you no more of an advantage than waiting to buy it with earned req points. It’s just a faster way to get them. I’ve never purchased a standard REQ pack (bought one that had only weapon skins in it during a promo) and I have no problem holding my own in Warzone.
>
> I honestly don’t see a problem with the REQ system. It could be improved upon obviously, but it’s certainly not as much of a detriment to the game as you’re making it out to be.

Whether you can earn the equipment or not, being able to pay for an advantage is pay to win.

I don’t mind the REQ system but only getting an emblem every 10 ranks is no fun at all they should make armor to unlock with rank ups, commendations, etc. Getting a new rank or completing a commendations feels worthless. “U got to rank 152?! Here Have an emblem good job” Just no >_<

> 2533274848011469;2:
> Sorry to say but it doesn’t seem like the req system is going to leave the Halo series. It is actually spilling over into Gears of War now too because it made Halo 5 the most profitable Halo.

Noooooo!

> 2533274832376620;3:
>

someone who earned their reqs vs someone with an infinite amount of reqs wont be a fair fight. which is why it is pay to win. yes both people can spawn x weapon. but the one guy can just spawn it over and over as fast as their rp replenish while the other will just be out after they use it

> 2533274941065371;8:
> I don’t mind the REQ system but only getting an emblem every 10 ranks is no fun at all they should make armor to unlock with rank ups, commendations, etc. Getting a new rank or completing a commendations feels worthless. “U got to rank 152?! Here Have an emblem good job” Just no >_<

To be fair, what did Halo 2 and 3 give you? Halo 4? You could argue armor for Halo 4, but that was more of an along the way thing.

Reach had Haunted, sure, but it was still the most expensive helmet in the game at a huge 1 credit.

They oughta restructure it for the next Halo game, so it’s still random, to a degree, but you can “steer” it towards the kind of item you want somehow. Maybe by completing commendations, you get an increased chance of getting unlocks for that weapon. As for armor, it could be separated by “family” somehow (By manufacturer? Many of the armors have a manufacturer in their lore text.). Use armor in that family, and you get a larger chance of unlocking stuff by them.

Another player tried to accuse me of spending 200 pounds -i use dollars- on req packs. i just like this game so i play it a lot.

I’m an SR135, the amount of packs a Spartan at SR35 would have to buy to equal my odds and get the same equipment I’m likely to get us ridiculously high. So, you either play the game for a while, or you spend hundreds of dollars. All games are like this nowadays. Buy COD, Battlefield, The Division, etc, months after release and you’re -Yoinked!- because it’ll take you so long to catch up with the average experience of that game’s population.