Get rid of the frat boy spartan behavior.

The frat boy spartan behavior is a joke. I know they are spartan fours and they are less disciplined, but spartans are not cocky, self loathing idiots. There are a lot of things i dislike about halo five but this has to be at the top of my list. Halo used to be an atmosphere that suited all gamers , competitive and casual alike. Now it seems halo 5 is only focusing on competitive gameplay. Its bad enough that you run into people that act this way in matchmaking. But now we have 343 supporting the behavior and building it INTO the game.

Of all of the things to complain about, this is easily one of the dumbest.

In a game where friends and allies are competing in a competitive simulation, you don’t want them to gloat when they win? You must be fun a parties.

Lol this is the most ridiculous post I have ever seen in my life.

This is the arena beta not fluffy bunny hill beta where everyone gets to pet a bunny.

that is what people love about halo is the competitive balanced gameplay.

No one said this was fluffy bunny hill beta.

I hope I never come across you again because you are a depressing soul.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

It’s like they copied Destiny…then made it ggggaa444y. Totally agree they went over the top

I completely agree with this. This really is the only thing that bothers me about the beta…
These game ending animations just seem anti Halo Canon… I mean they are supposed to be the best of the best, borderline military perfection. The cocky, look at me look at me does not exist in the Spartans they are all business…

The whole MLG vibe of this game is completely cringe worthy. It doesn’t bother me too much, but I’d rather it not be there. Those “I got snipes” type callouts are just silly. Call it a Sniper Rifle or at least a Sniper.

> 2533274845095818;2:
> Of all of the things to complain about, this is easily one of the dumbest.
>
> In a game where friends and allies are competing in a competitive simulation, you don’t want them to gloat when they win? You must be fun a parties.

First, like i said halo used to be for all types of gamers not just competitive. Second i know there will be people that do it. The fact that there building it into the game though and going against canon halo by making all spartans look like a bunch of cocky idiots is unnecessary. Spartans are known for showing little to no emotion and they are making them look like fools. Not every gamer is cocky, just feels like there building way to much into the competitive aspect instead of keeping it a welcome atmosphere for all players.

Agree with OP. Fist pumps and back slaps and Yo Bro Awesome can just go.

I agree the cocky DUDE BRO attitude they are building into it is not fun and I cringe everytime I see them high fiving at the end of a match.

> 2791293519055571;3:
> Lol this is the most ridiculous post I have ever seen in my life.
>
> This is the arena beta not fluffy bunny hill beta where everyone gets to pet a bunny.
>
> that is what people love about halo is the competitive balanced gameplay.
>
> No one said this was fluffy bunny hill beta.
>
> I hope I never come across you again because you are a depressing soul.

Okay, so im depressing because i want all gamers to have a comfortable atmosphere? I think your just being rude because im a girl gamer. Get over yourself. Competitive gameplay may be what some people love about it but not all. Not every gamer gets on to show someone else up, there are alot of casual gamers. People that just want to play with friends and have fun. If you want to play competitive, cool, thats your play style. Doesn’t mean it has to be everyone’s though.

I do not mind the line up at the beginning of a match. I just wish that where you see your spartan in the lineup is where you spawned with your team (If i am far left while looking at the lineup then I should spawn on the far right when the game starts). I do not like the “frat boy attitude” at the end of the game though, thats what teabagging is for until the screen fades to black.

> 2533274828270029;7:
> > 2533274845095818;2:
> > Of all of the things to complain about, this is easily one of the dumbest.
> >
> > In a game where friends and allies are competing in a competitive simulation, you don’t want them to gloat when they win? You must be fun a parties.
>
>
> First, like i said halo used to be for all types of gamers not just competitive. Second i know there will be people that do it. The fact that there building it into the game though and going against canon halo by making all spartans look like a bunch of cocky idiots is unnecessary. Spartans are known for showing little to no emotion and they are making them look like fools. Not every gamer is cocky, just feels like there building way to much into the competitive aspect instead of keeping it a welcome atmosphere for all players.

And post-game animation has nothing to do with the competitive or casual nature of the game. It’s just that; an animation. No casual gamer ever looked at a game and decided, “these characters in the game are cocky, this game is too hardcore for me”. It just doesn’t happen.

And Spartan 3s and earlier are known for showing little-to-no emotion. These are spartan 4s. They are social. This was the entire focus point of Master Chief’s story in Halo 4.

Now that i think about it the celebration at the end should be controlled by the the player on the kinect. I wonder what kind of fun/vulgar things people could come up with!

> 2533274845095818;2:
> Of all of the things to complain about, this is easily one of the dumbest.
>
> In a game where friends and allies are competing in a competitive simulation, you don’t want them to gloat when they win? You must be fun a parties.

> 2791293519055571;3:
> Lol this is the most ridiculous post I have ever seen in my life.
>
> This is the arena beta not fluffy bunny hill beta where everyone gets to pet a bunny.
>
> that is what people love about halo is the competitive balanced gameplay.
>
> No one said this was fluffy bunny hill beta.
>
> I hope I never come across you again because you are a depressing soul.

i like it, id do the same, if i win a smiulation by killing people id gloat about it for the rest of my life. but i think if your team losses you see your team pouting, lol too much???

> 2533274845095818;12:
> > 2533274828270029;7:
> > > 2533274845095818;2:
> > > Of all of the things to complain about, this is easily one of the dumbest.
> > >
> > > In a game where friends and allies are competing in a competitive simulation, you don’t want them to gloat when they win? You must be fun a parties.
> >
> >
> >
> > First, like i said halo used to be for all types of gamers not just competitive. Second i know there will be people that do it. The fact that there building it into the game though and going against canon halo by making all spartans look like a bunch of cocky idiots is unnecessary. Spartans are known for showing little to no emotion and they are making them look like fools. Not every gamer is cocky, just feels like there building way to much into the competitive aspect instead of keeping it a welcome atmosphere for all players.
>
>
> And post-game animation has nothing to do with the competitive or casual nature of the game. It’s just that; an animation. No casual gamer ever looked at a game and decided, “these characters in the game are cocky, this game is too hardcore for me”. It just doesn’t happen.
>
> And Spartan 3s and earlier are known for showing little-to-no emotion. These are spartan 4s. They are social. This was the entire focus point of Master Chief’s story in Halo 4.

More social does not mean they are undisciplined.

They’re still professional soldiers who volunteered to take one of the most serious and toughest jobs in the UNSC. High fives, come at bros, and other whoo its party and we’re the cool kids vibe does not fit with what they are.

> 2533274828270029;15:
> > 2533274845095818;12:
> > > 2533274828270029;7:
> > > > 2533274845095818;2:
> > > > Of all of the things to complain about, this is easily one of the dumbest.
> > > >
> > > > In a game where friends and allies are competing in a competitive simulation, you don’t want them to gloat when they win? You must be fun a parties.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > First, like i said halo used to be for all types of gamers not just competitive. Second i know there will be people that do it. The fact that there building it into the game though and going against canon halo by making all spartans look like a bunch of cocky idiots is unnecessary. Spartans are known for showing little to no emotion and they are making them look like fools. Not every gamer is cocky, just feels like there building way to much into the competitive aspect instead of keeping it a welcome atmosphere for all players.
> >
> >
> >
> > And post-game animation has nothing to do with the competitive or casual nature of the game. It’s just that; an animation. No casual gamer ever looked at a game and decided, “these characters in the game are cocky, this game is too hardcore for me”. It just doesn’t happen.
> >
> > And Spartan 3s and earlier are known for showing little-to-no emotion. These are spartan 4s. They are social. This was the entire focus point of Master Chief’s story in Halo 4.
>
>
> More social does not mean they are undisciplined.

And high-fiving after a training session means they are undisciplined? How many people do you know who are in the military? Are they robots?