Get rid of team colors in Halo 5! (Read First!!!)

Instead of changing player’s armor colors, highlight players on the opposing team with a colored outline like what we see in Theater mode. Red outlines for the Red Team, Blue outlines for the Blue Team. You would only see the outlines for players on the opposing team, not your teammates (except maybe when your teammates are using Active Camo). That way everyone can use their own custom colors in Team games. The only other place you can use custom colors is Free-For-All, which is not a fun playlist, and it doesn’t look like 343i is planning on fixing it anytime soon…

What do you think? It’d be nice if I could use my own colors in Big Team Battle, or Team Slayer, or regular Warzone…

Difficult to fix this if you see it as a problem really. Being able to see our own colours would be really cool, I’m all in favour of that if it could be made to work sensibly, but the outline idea I think isn’t the best fix. I’m assuming you wouldn’t be able to see the outline through terrain like you can in theatre mode, so only when the player is visible will you see their outline, but if someone is trying to be stealthy and they’re crouching through some rocks or trees etc a bright blue / red outline will wreck it, makes that tactic unplayable. Also, half the beauty of being able to use custom colours would be to camouflage, and outlines would instantly block that. I’d be tempted to say just have service tags and force everyone to pay attention to who and where their allies are

I like the idea a lot. similar to what makes ODST special… Kinda gives something special to the HUD, like having an active AI helping you out. (Man I wish that Spartan IVs had AIs in H5… sorry, off topic)

but it’ll be hard to move away from the RED vs BLUE feel that Halo was founded on.

> 2535470079390914;2:
> Difficult to fix this if you see it as a problem really. Being able to see our own colours would be really cool, I’m all in favour of that if it could be made to work sensibly, but the outline idea I think isn’t the best fix. I’m assuming you wouldn’t be able to see the outline through terrain like you can in theatre mode, so only when the player is visible will you see their outline, but if someone is trying to be stealthy and they’re crouching through some rocks or trees etc a bright blue / red outline will wreck it, makes that tactic unplayable. Also, half the beauty of being able to use custom colours would be to camouflage, and outlines would instantly block that. I’d be tempted to say just have service tags and force everyone to pay attention to who and where their allies are

Service Tags could work too… it works well enough in Destiny, which is where I play most PvP these days. Although to address your concerns for outlines, I’d say have the outline dimmed when someone is crouching if they wanna be stealthy. What do you think?

but red vs blue :frowning:

Good idea, but I’d rather still stick with the good old red vs blue.

No thanks, i prefer it when its RvB and that should never change.

No, I don’t see why it needs fixing. That would only make it more confusing.

Also, FFA is a very fun playlist.

Although I would like to see my own customised colours, I think this would just bring more problems over fixing something that doesn’t really need to be fixed

It’s a nice idea but I feel that the outlines would make opponents pop out like a sore thumb.

I know what you mean as you don’t see your custom colours that much, but I don’t think outlines is the way forward.

I do think it would be cool to have the option to mix up colours though. We’ll never see it but my idea would be to allow teams the chance to vote for an alternative colour before the match starts. Then again there would be advantages/disadvantages for colours on certain maps, I know 343i altered the colours of red and blue teams as they blended in with the environment a bit too much.

Anyways I’m going a bit off-topic but I don’t think outlines would be a solution as it would highlight players too obviously.

Wouldn’t it just be easier to show a blue/red outline around team members. That way you can shoot anything that moves without one. It wouldn’t highlight enemy team members and could possibly have the bonus of showing team members through a wall.

All that said, you then run the risk of players changing their colours to blend in to the backgrounds of the maps, given players an advantage over others. A white player would most certainly stand out more than a black one. Then you’d see Red/Blue/Green players who are purposely trying to hide/camp/blend in with certain maps. You know the whole issue with Halo 5 maps giving the advantage to blue team, so they had to change the colour of the blue. If you give that choice to the community, they will abuse it.

> 2547348539238747;11:
> You know the whole issue with Halo 5 maps giving the advantage to blue team, so they had to change the colour of the blue. If you give that choice to the community, they will abuse it.

Precisely.

Team based games play better when the teams wear the same uniforms.

Halo 2 did it right. Have your primary color take the place of your secondary colour in team games.

and rip off destiny even more? colors will never go away as they shouldn’t.

I would like to see a Custom game type option where you turn team specific colours off but still remain on the team. I would also like to see options where you can turn service tags off too so mini games like trouble in terrorist town would be possibly in halo. Or maybe game types like 1 life only assault would be interesting! would make your spartan Unique as hell.

It’s Red vs. Blue not Purple, white, & blue vs purple, green, and orange.

Though I’m not opposed to getting more of the team colors into matchmkaing like make Assault Yellow vs Green and CTF Purple vs Yellow or something.

I agree but probably not the outline thing it give people away faster maybe when you see them a red marker will appear over their head or something

> 2533274875982754;13:
> Team based games play better when the teams wear the same uniforms.

Exactly. Besides, what if some colors their spartan red and ends up on blue team… confusion and team killing would ensue.

I’d say leave the match as red vs blue, but show your personal colours in the pre and post game stances. Maybe even add a short animation where the match colours fade in/out.