Get rid of "None of the above" in matchmaking

Get rid of the none of the above choice in matchmaking. People just mess around with it and it takes longer to get into a game. The choices are very similar and the first choices should have a favorite already, 3 choices should be enough, not 6.

edit: Also get rid of the 1st player with guests in the lobby having as many votes as people on his xbox. It’s annoying when someone keeps throwing around 4 votes, make it 1 vote per xbox.

No, it gives the players a chance to play something they really want.

I wish there wasn’t any voting at all.

> No, it gives the players a chance to play something they really want.

This.
And people don’t mess with it as much as you think. At least, I never run into people who do.

The “NOTA” option is vital.

The only thing they should fix about Reach’s voting system is the way it always picks the the top option in the case of a tie. In the case of a tie, the game should essentially “flip a coin” to decide what wins.

> > No, it gives the players a chance to play something they really want.
>
> This.
> And people don’t mess with it as much as you think. At least, I never run into people who do.
>
> The “NOTA” option is vital.

You can’t mess with it because there’s a limitation on how many times it can be used.

> The only thing they should fix about Reach’s voting system is the way it always picks the the top option in the case of a tie. In the case of a tie, the game should essentially “flip a coin” to decide who wins.

This is a very good idea!

> No, it gives the players a chance to play something they really want.

Agreed, but only if “none of the above” can be picked once. Otherwise people will spend all day matchmaking until the majority of the lobby picks a favored map/gametype.

>
> Agreed, but only if “none of the above” can be picked once. Otherwise people will spend all day matchmaking until the majority of the lobby picks a favored map/gametype.

The point I’m trying to make is that there should be an option that people want to play from the get go. If people don’t want to play 3 game types on 3 maps then that’s a bad sign on the quality of your maps and gametype combinations.

You could even replace the none of the above option with a 4th map/gametype.

>
> Agreed, but only if “none of the above” can be picked once. Otherwise people will spend all day matchmaking until the majority of the lobby picks a favored map/gametype.

NOTA can only be done once…

> > > No, it gives the players a chance to play something they really want.
> >
> > Agreed, but only if “none of the above” can be picked once. Otherwise people will spend all day matchmaking until the majority of the lobby picks a favored map/gametype.
>
> NOTA can only be done once…

Once per matchmaking pre-game lobby.

> Once per matchmaking pre-game lobby.

Yeah?

It’s perfectly fine like that.

> Get rid of the none of the above choice in matchmaking. People just mess around with it and it takes longer to get into a game. The choices are very similar and the first choices should have a favorite already, 3 choices should be enough, not 6.
>
> edit: Also get rid of the 1st player with guests in the lobby having as many votes as people on his xbox. It’s annoying when someone keeps throwing around 4 votes, make it 1 vote per xbox.

Nah, if I don’t like the choices, I’ll keep quitting until I get a fun gametype.

Or why not just have all game types available in the playlist and all maps available in the playlist in the voting menu?

In the first vote, if there is a tie, all but the two which tied are removed and everyone picks one.

That way you are guaranteed to get the gametype & map combo everyone wants.

> > Once per matchmaking pre-game lobby.
>
> Yeah?
>
> It’s perfectly fine like that.

Yeah… It’s like that.

Why not let us pick what map and gametype we want, and match us with others playing/searching the same? Instead of playlists…

I am indifferent but why not just include more options instead of just the initial 2? What about 4 options?

> Why not let us pick what map and gametype we want, and match us with others playing/searching the same? Instead of playlists…

so we can actually play the maps we paid for rather than on disk maps/forge world crap!?..nah, that makes sense. 343I will never go for it.

> I am indifferent but why not just include more options instead of just the initial 2? What about 4 options?

Four options and none of the above, call it a deal!

Bring back veto