Get rid of map voting...please!

I have been playing Halo now, for 45-ish hours and I have still not seen half of the maps, why? Because everyone plays the same dang maps. I’d host my own game, but I only have 5mb DSL in my area (not exactly hosting material) and even were I to host, as soon as that round ends, everyone is going to vote the same freakin maps that were available since Halo 3.

Just because you can’t muster up enough friends to control the vote doesn’t mean you can come on here, and demand a revert to the old way.

Seriously, you kids will complain about anything.

Yea, map voting is awful. Halo 3’s veto system worked the best. And kept the same map from being played over and over.

The same maps get picked over and over, because they are better maps.

I miss Halo 3’s veto system. Other possible changes:

• 2 voting options
  • More maps (Seriously, include Forge maps already. We paid for 13+ maps, not 2)

> The same maps get picked over and over, because they are better maps.

The same maps get picked over and over because people hate variety and only want to play the map they’re “good on”.

> > The same maps get picked over and over, because they are better maps.
>
> The same maps get picked over and over because people hate variety and only want to play the map they’re “good on”.

Yep, Hemorrhage and Swordbase in Reach were awful yet the most popular. At least Haven and Ragnarok are good maps. (I hate them anyway because I’m sick of playing on them)

I think there should be some kind of shuffle method not voting just a random map.

I can only hope this gets better and not worse with the map packs. I tend to play different game modes when I want different maps. Ragnarok is huge in BTB, but not in KOTH, etc. None of the playlists really has full variety from what I’ve seen though. I wish at the very least it would not show the last map you played on in the choices. E.g., it should not be showing ragnarok as an option after we just finished playing there. Even worse, it happens multiple times in a row sometimes.

I’ve seen more variety lately… when Ragnarok is not a choice.