Get rid of Friendly Fire, Griefers out of control

It is terrible. And please do not bring up “it promotes skill and teamwork”. it is soooooo abused its ridiculous. I just finished a match of BTB where the majority was a commendation boosting party on my team. I go to pick up SPNKr and one of them was like “hey our buddy needs that for his commendation so just pick up another weapon so he can have it”. And i just ignored him and than he was like “okay well you asked for this.” and every time i went for Spnkr or Wraith or anything that had commendations they just kept killing me the entire game. And they knew they get a free pass for the 1st to kills so they each took turns. He even would call out who to do it. “____ betray Fergus because i used up mine TKs” “don’t worry, me and _____ are coming around the corner to kill him, he is pinched with no where to go.” and if that wasn’t enough, they would even wait for an enemy to do some damage on me and just plain kill me, and won’t count against them, even if i picked up nothing and be all like “see this could of been simple, just give us our weapons to complete our commendation or this happens” Is this going to be the average behavior of Halo 5 community? TK parties for commendations? Unbelievable.

And what was i suppose to do. Quit and get a DNF? oh and better yet, unlike the older ones were TK only counted against TK against another person. but now it counts for everyone! so i stood up for myself and killed one that tried to take rockets for the 3rd time and than the next 2 accidental TKs, the teammates intentionally ran into my shot to get me kicked. TK was terrible in the other halo games, but this is probably the worst experience of TKing ever in Halo that i have ever experienced. -Yoink- team killing, idc what you have to say. Friendly fire is not promoting team work, its doing the exact opposite. it use to be just the individual TKing for power weapons but now they have parties work together to boost. This really is ruining my experience for the game. I love halo and all but this is really just making me want to stop playing when this stuff happens. all for -Yoinking!- commendations. i’m trying to blow up an enemy wraith so we can win and they are busy killing me for the SPNKr.

EDIT: So people stop saying this. Yes i reported and blocked them but it does nothing. block only blocks communication, they got rid of the ability to block them from being played with again and report, you need a certain amount in a certain time frame to have anything happen. so all the griefers can report me, and i’ll get banned but i can report all of them and nothing will happen because they all got 1 tally and i got 7. yes the system is automated so people found how to abuse it. they had to fix this in Halo MCC because greifers were reporting good players and getting them banned. MCC patched the blocking and H5 doesn’t have block work either other than for communication. but the reputation system is still broken and you can get good players banned.

No, im not going to give into griefers demands and have to give them what they want like a spoiled child who is use to getting whatever weapon or vehicle he wants. and if you are just going to troll and say “don’t TK” clearly you didn’t bother reading, in fact idk why i added this one since you are probably not going to read if you do post that.

and it’s not just “a bad experience”. i have experienced this since the days halo had a multiplayer. but its been getting worse over the year. Halo 5, even though griefer parties are extremely rare like this, solo griefers i deal with on a daily basis. commendation is a huge contributor to this. because things like SPNKr have griefers but almost no one griefs for H1 and Grav Hammer, why? because there isn’t a commendation. i know they cant get rid of commendations now that they have been added but also FF would deal with the trolls, like taking off my shield for enemy to kill me, and noobs that run into your splinter grenades.

If people teamkill it needs to affect the team score and not give the enemy team the kill. Otherwise I have no issue with team killing.

> 2533274830513360;2:
> If people teamkill it needs to affect the team score and not give the enemy team the kill. Otherwise I have no issue with team killing.

even when there is a full party team killing? That is not the final straw to say “well Team killing is a fail, time to retire the feature” even the more competitive games no longer have TK and the main function. Battlefield is more competitive and it doesn’t have TK unless you play their desolate Hardcore servers. Otherwise even that game, with more team work involved, has no FF in it.

Also, they can’t fix that feature because everyone has accidentally shot someone on their team with at least 1 bullet before they died so they cant program it to know and MLG players would abuse the feature. they would rather on a 49-49 tk their friend, 48-49, and stop the enemy from getting the kill and save them and than get 2 kills and win, 50-49.

I’d say the issue here is commendations, not friendly fire. Commendations in Halo 5 are close to useless anyway. What do we even get? A couple REQ points/xp? A pack of random crappy items? Yeah, not worth having in the game.

Did they really say that? Dude, you should report them for unsporting behavior. cause people like that are dookie.

wow. i haven’t had that happen to me yet. but that sounds annoying as hell.

OP, I know you had a crap experience and that sucks man :frowning: but I like Friendly fire and I do think “it promotes skill and teamwork” as you put it.

Only thing you can do is report them all, and move on. Sorry again for the crap experience man.

I agree on this. I mean you never know who your being matched with.

You souks have went for the SPNKr every time and just emptied all the ammo. Then at least they wouldn’t get the commendation. You had no good answers for this though if they were that bad.

I hate betrayers for weapons.

People like to think that friendly fire promotes teamwork, but in game that is not at all true. It doesn’t matter if it’s on or off, people will still spam grenades and fire rockets with reckless abandon. Hitting your teammates with regular weapons is so difficult, the only way they’ll kill you is if it is 100% intentional. They should just get rid of friendly fire in all game modes, so that situations like Fergus’s never happen.

That sucks that there are -Yoink- bags that do this kind of stuff, but I still prefer friendly fire for ranked play. Maybe not have it for social playlists?

> 2533274811089515;11:
> That sucks that there are -Yoink- bags that do this kind of stuff, but I still prefer friendly fire for ranked play. Maybe not have it for social playlists?

that sounds like a fair 50/50. not to mention how Fiesta and Grifball are having people getting way too many FFs in that as well. i see lots of post about Grifball its too easy to accidentally kill your teammate even when not aimed at them.

> 2533274978553590;10:
> People like to think that friendly fire promotes teamwork, but in game that is not at all true. It doesn’t matter if it’s on or off, people will still spam grenades and fire rockets with reckless abandon. Hitting your teammates with regular weapons is so difficult, the only way they’ll kill you is if it is 100% intentional. They should just get rid of friendly fire in all game modes, so that situations like Fergus’s never happen.

ya, if we kept counters of how many times someone hit their teammate, not just kills but just even a tap damage, everyone has. Even the big time promoters of FF that say them never TK ever. if we were to tally of FF damage over all the games they played they would add up to about a good 100 TKs i bet. it sucks because if i quit, i get punished, if i stay i get TK’d. what a game.

> 2533274900974350;9:
> You souks have went for the SPNKr every time and just emptied all the ammo. Then at least they wouldn’t get the commendation. You had no good answers for this though if they were that bad.
>
> I hate betrayers for weapons.

i tried that, but the Spnkr spawns back quickly in Entombed so i only got to do it once.

> 2533274815533909;7:
> OP, I know you had a crap experience and that sucks man :frowning: but I like Friendly fire and I do think “it promotes skill and teamwork” as you put it.
>
> Only thing you can do is report them all, and move on. Sorry again for the crap experience man.

i have never, in all my years playing Halo since Halo CE, ever seen it promote teamwork or skill. in fact if there was a counter for every time it promoted team work vs when people abuse it for commendations, vehicles, weapons, etc even unintentional friendly fire like stray bullets, in that case the abuse would outweigh the gain.

and sadly report does nothing. in fact, from what i saw. the new xbox one reporting system is broken. Back in 360 people tried to have clans to work together to report anyone for anything so like say you played a match and you didnt like someone on the other team that did better, you send a message saying “report ______” and than 100+ people would report and get the person banned by abusing the automated system. because of that, they changed it so people could do that. But i saw a video on Halo MCC on how all the good players were getting bad rep and banned from MM because people were doing the same thing. so if anything, i can report all 6 to 7 of them, but they can all report me and i would get punished, not them. Broken, right?

> 2533274830733064;6:
> wow. i haven’t had that happen to me yet. but that sounds annoying as hell.

this happened a small bit back in Halo reach but it wasnt fairly common. i would see the forums about every now and than someone got this in a match but it usually was like 2-4 people. this was a whole group. and, idk if he was bsing me, but supposedly his spartan company does this to boost commendations for achilles and other ones. And since they can get away with it, they don’t care if they TK to get what they want.

> 2535462360297076;5:
> Did they really say that? Dude, you should report them for unsporting behavior. cause people like that are dookie.

trust me, i did but i know nothing will be done about it. seriously, one guy, the one that annoyed me the most, followed me and always took off my shield so i was always having no shield so enemies could kill me in 1 headshot. and to them it didnt matter because it seems like they were also going for Achilles commendations. So some would hold me off from getting weapons and others would get the weapons or vehicles etc so they could get the progress.Commendations were grinding in Reach, in 4 they werent as bad unless it was the pulse grenade, but this, there is this desperate need for an armor so badly that some people are willing to play dirty for it. TKing in BTB and Farming in Warzone. And because of FF, they can keep doing it. i blocked them but i know that wont stop them from me running into them again, that was the only thing i liked that i hated that they fixed in Halo MCC. if you blocked, wouldn’t impact their rep, you would never play with them again. if i could i would do this to those guys.

> 2533274814289862;4:
> I’d say the issue here is commendations, not friendly fire. Commendations in Halo 5 are close to useless anyway. What do we even get? A couple REQ points/xp? A pack of random crappy items? Yeah, not worth having in the game.

if FF was gone, they couldnt do this for commendation. see they cant fix commendations now after they are set but FF you can just turn off. easier fix. and it seems they were going for achilles but also the SPNKr.

Commendation, achievements, Achilles. Brings out the worse in players…

I had something similar happen to me in wz assault. I REQD an End of the line sniper or might of been Arrow of time, Anyway i was in the core on urban and i was at the back Sniping and A scorpion came up so i ducked in and kept popping out every so often all of a sudden i get spartan charged, I look around its a guy i thought it was a one off he repeatedly did it to knock me out of cover to kill me then to take the sniper

> 2533274809242032;13:
> Commendation, achievements, Achilles. Brings out the worse in players…

They really do. i remember back in reach how many people AFK glitched on Courtyard just so they can get commendation for completing the match without dying. These commendations just ask for so much more now that people play even more dirtier. seriously. that’s why i think DICE doesnt add achievements after initial launcher. its just the required 1000GS requirement Microsoft mandates and after that they don’t do achievements after i believe because Battlefront dropped more DLC and not 1 new achievement and i loved it because no one was being a -Yoink- trying to boost or something.

> 2533274885506317;14:
> I had something similar happen to me in wz assault. I REQD an End of the line sniper or might of been Arrow of time, Anyway i was in the core on urban and i was at the back Sniping and A scorpion came up so i ducked in and kept popping out every so often all of a sudden i get spartan charged, I look around its a guy i thought it was a one off he repeatedly did it to knock me out of cover to kill me then to take the sniper

ya i have heard worse stuff too like teammates ground pounding to knock people out of mongooses or ghosts to steal them from teammates or, now with H1 pistol out, they will splatter they and take their gun. IDK why if they disabled F, that they can still team splatter.

> 2533274800212919;1:
> It is terrible. And please do not bring up “it promotes skill and teamwork”. it is soooooo abused its ridiculous.

Because we’re supposed to design games around preventing abuse rather than taking a swing at the behaviour?

I personally believe that friendly fire should not exist in video games. If I wanted it to be realistic, I wouldn’t be playing a game.

> 2533274795123910;16:
> > 2533274800212919;1:
> > It is terrible. And please do not bring up “it promotes skill and teamwork”. it is soooooo abused its ridiculous.
>
>
> Because we’re supposed to design games around preventing abuse rather than taking a swing at the behaviour?

yes actually. and the whole “ban system” is a fail as its punishing wrong people. These guys found away around the system so they can TK and get away with it and causing the regular players to not want to play. Seriously, any commendations i eventually completed, i never pick up those weapons again unless its to stop the enemy from getting it or if no one is going for it. otherwise i just either call it out or pick it up and toss it at a friends feet to take. i will almost never use sniper just because i always get people that will kill me for it. or just troll and shot, not to kill, to descope me while im trying to aim and shoot. I will not pick up a lot of power weapons now because of it. On antifreeze i will never pick up Incineration cannon or binary rifle because of it. too many times on that map i get betrayed for those weapons.

REALLY crappy that happened, but that is more of a result of the commendations and the fact that it is social. I’ve had it happened several times in Warzone and BTB, but never in Team Arena, Slayer, or another ranked playlist.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.</mark>

> 2533274823625840;19:
> REALLY crappy that happened, but that is more of a result of the commendations and the fact that it is social. I’ve had it happened several times in Warzone and BTB, but never in Team Arena, Slayer, or another ranked playlist.

it may not be in groups for Ranked but thats because the entire party in there. in those cases its individual players TKing. i got TKd for sword on Overgrowth.
But the fact of the matter is the ban system isnt working because people are just finding ways around it. and yes most of this is because commendations, but even without it they still happen. But one of the few things that Halo 4 had that i liked was TK was off. you didnt have to working about that bs. its caused me to avoid certain power weapons almost entirely because of it. both ranked and social. TK would go down drastically if they removed FF was turned off. but 2 reasons why, even though it’s commendations i think it is to blame, we still have to turn off FF. 1) commendations already implemented and people would be mad if 343 just removed commendations and all progress lost, they would have ot give the rewards to everyone and than it would make the people who got them get pretty mad everyone else was handed to them. so thats 1 reason. and also FF is a simple solution, all you do it turn it off. and what is to lose? Accidental FF, intentional FF, trolls, random yoink happening. I see only gain. seriously, you really think FF has stopped people from spamming? lol not even in the slightest. people still blast rockets. still chuck grenades. they just hope an enemy hit the friendly retard that walked where you threw your grenade. seriously. in Halo MCC i got 3 TKs in a match, luckily the system didn’t work the same. Because my team had a bunch of 12 year olds running into my rocket shots. i blew up a tank and even called it out but the retard ran for the tank on Avalanche across the map after calling it out and he got killed while i blew up the tank because he somehow thought, in his little mind, that he can get to the tank, board it, and plant a grenade, before my rocket hits it. THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING I CAN DO after i fire that rocket. and than his buddy flies a hornet right in front of my shot. he even sees it coming and makes almost no effort to evade it. I don’t think people should be punished for the stupidity of others walking into their line of fire. i can’t just magically take the shot back after its been travelling for almost 3 seconds. all i can do is scream at the retard in party chat to get out of the way, which he won’t and than message me “why did you kill me” “because you are a retard that stays in party chat while i tell you not to go for the tank im firing a rockets at it”
They really should figure out a way to tell if its accidental and say “you got TK’d but he will not be punished for your stupidity. next time watch were you walk.” I would love that. but quiet frankly, there is on way to tell the difference and its just too much programming to figure out when its just so much easier to just turn off TK. in fact its easier to get the trolls like the ones in warzone that walking in front of a players RL you can detect that. because you can program “if hit is detected on teammate and player dies from list_explosive_weapon, Than suicide not counted” or something along those lines as idk if they us C# or C++. FF just causes more harm than good. They got rid of power sliding because of saying it was abused, but why does FF get away with it when its the most abused feature. It’s 1 of the 2 things that, even as a fan of halo, has always annoyed me since the dawn of Halo. and that is Descoping/Decrouching and Friendly fire. Battlefield use to have FF like a lot of other games since before the mid 2000s. after a while its just been noted in games that FF causes just too many problems than good. Just like how games are making people pass through each other. Halo does not this problem but Division made that mistake with doors. people now block others from getting through. that use to be a problem in other games too. most either, like halo, make the doors way bigger so players can get around or they make people not affected by other players and pass through. funny since division’s ladders allow you to pass through players, but not doors.