GET READY FOR HALO 3 AGAIN!!!!!

since halo 3 is free next month there will be more people online :slight_smile: get ready for good old halo 3

Shouldn’t this either go in Halo 3 or General Discussion? It’ll be nice to be able to have quick search times for Halo 3 MP again. I need a bunch of achievements from that game (Overkill, much?)

I don’t think the population will get a huge boost. It didn’t get any kind of boost when it was about 5 bucks a couple of months ago.

…and trying to play through it again really shows how much it has aged.

I can’t I’m permanently banned anyways :confused:

I’m sure it will see an increase in population for a short time, but I don’t think it will go above 15k players.

I remember the fun I had on that game. Coming home from school everyday to get online with friends and kick some butt. Hell, even custom games was fun in Halo 3. I loved Garbage Man, Race, puzzle maps, infection, and a lot of other creative things that people came up with.

I’m definitely going to enjoy running through the campaign, but I don’t see myself bothering with the MM.

May we get a link to this? I missed this

> May we get a link to this? I missed this

Agreed. Is there anyone who is able to confirm that it will be free? Possibly link to an official announcement of this, or a forum official confirm this?

> May we get a link to this? I missed this

It was announced at E3, I remember hearing this when watching live on Monday.

LINK

> > May we get a link to this? I missed this
>
> It was announced at E3, I remember hearing this when watching live on Monday.
>
> LINK

Thanks

EDIT: I already have Halo 3, but my friend has been wanting it (even though it’s 9.99 something) and I can now gladly let him keep it. Assassins Creed 2? I’ll give it a try

AC2 was a good game and good story for those who never tried it out. As for Halo 3, ahhhhh, the memories. I’ll likely come back on for multiplayer and throw some lead around from time to time on both 3 and 4. Well, um, till November anyway, for reasons un-stated.

I don’t see it going up noticeably at all…how old is halo 3 ? If u didn’t have it by now chances are u don’t care…minus the few who maybe lost or damaged their old disc…

> I don’t think the population will get a huge boost. It didn’t get any kind of boost when it was about 5 bucks a couple of months ago.
>
> …and trying to play through it again really shows how much it has aged.

Yeh not being able to turn invincible on command ( reach ) or dropping a sniper or rocket launcher for free for a few assists really show how dated the gameplay is LOL!

> I remember the fun I had on that game. Coming home from school everyday to get online with friends and kick some butt. Hell, even custom games was fun in Halo 3. I loved Garbage Man, Race, puzzle maps, infection, and a lot of other creative things that people came up with.

oh god the memories…stop it! your making me cry. I wish Halo 4 gave me HALF the excitement past Halo games gave me.

oh yeah I played Halo 3 this last weekend and plan to play a ton in July when the population spikes again.

One last run …

i dunno if anymore people will really be on…i mean how many people who enjoy/ want halo 3 dont already have it? i still play campaign pretty frequently but ill pass on MM (im a campaign gamer anyway, nothing against halo 3)

> I don’t think the population will get a huge boost. It didn’t get any kind of boost when it was about 5 bucks a couple of months ago.
>
> …and trying to play through it again really shows how much it has aged.

Halo 3 was actually $10 bucks a couple of months ago. I played through it again and loved it. The gameplay is superb. The biggest disappointment was going on-line and finding myself locked out of most of the mult-player modes, especially BTB, because you need all of the DLC. That felt like the ultimate rip-off until now, when Microsoft is releasing the game for free to everyone with a Gold account. Why do I ever buy anything?