Gernades: They're nukes just like in H: Reach

Grenades have been a nightmare; to the point that my friends and I have called the insistent spamming “Michael Baying” as a reminder to avoid the area.

Grenade damage and radius can be very, VERY easily adjusted by 343i. In-fact, we can even edit it in a custom game, so the excuse that it can’t be done is simply false.

I’m very happy that they decided to down the spawn to one grenade for Warzone Assault. If you do the math for an arena match, there can be 200 grenades thrown in a single match (not including pickups from the map).

Thoughts?

Dont’ boost around just to get places quicker… save your boost to avoid grenades.

Aren’t grenades suppose to be powerful? I mean what do you want them to do, make a fart noise when they detonated followed by a puff of smoke?

They don’t have a large radius as it is. As long as you’re not squatting on it, you’ll live.

What I don’t like is how damn bouncy they are. Go throw a real grenade and watch it not bounce. They’ll skip a bit, but not bounce.

> 2533274809541057;4:
> They don’t have a large radius as it is. As long as you’re not squatting on it, you’ll live.
>
> What I don’t like is how damn bouncy they are. Go throw a real grenade and watch it not bounce. They’ll skip a bit, but not bounce.

I like bouncy grenades, it allows you to place grenades in places that would otherwise be impossible.

> 2535435964652835;3:
> Aren’t grenades suppose to be powerful? I mean what do you want them to do, make a fart noise when they detonated followed by a puff of smoke?

This post.

Despite it being annoying sometimes, grenades are supposed to be powerful, but I personally think we should only spawn with a single grenade, and we should learn to use them tactically, and find more on the map.

I don’t understand why there needs to be, in a 4v4 game, potentially, 16+ grenades flying around an area at once.

In real life grenades will kill you if you are within 15 meters.

In Halo such a grenade is called a nuke. Jesus

Looks like everyone forgot the hce grenades. 1 grenade = extermination medal pretty easily.

At least we can thuster once now.

Movement speed is more than enough to avoid grenades. Reach didn’t have that luxury.

The grenade are too “bouncy”. The radius is fine.

One grenade on spawn should be nice, especially in arena.

I’ve been killed by a grenade maybe one out of ten times. Grenades are fine right where they are in my opinion.

Throws a grenade, whole map explodes killing every living thing in the process

Haven’t had a single issue with em

The only problem I have with grenades is their massive blast radius, which only does a tiny bit of damage to your shields but completely resets the recharge timer.

Reduce the blast radius of frags by a considerable amount and I think they will function much better. I think Plasma and Promethean Grenades are pretty much perfect as they are.

I have been seeing a lot of people that think the grenades are either too strong or they want them gone all together. I think that grenades adds a certain balance to a fight. I can see how people get upset over grenade spam but it should add a feel of a battle. They balance out things like being attacked by multiple attackers, sticking someone who is lounging at you with a sword, and possibly drawing someone off with a power weapon like a rocket launcher. Also I use certain grenades for specific reasons. I think it adds to the complexity of the game and I a good thing.

i feel like they are fine for the most point … but in a few weeks we should come back to this and see what people think after the game has been out longer

I have a clip on my Xbox DVR of almost my entire team being wiped out at the beginning of an Assualt match, all due to a hailstorm of Frags.

I’ve never really had a massive problem with grenades. I like to play from mid-long distance with a BR (or hopefully one day a DMR) so I haven’t had much of an issue with them.

Even my arena experience on modes like Breakout hasn’t been tarnished by grenades.

You have this wonderful thing called a thruster…use it