generators in 4

For people that have played the beta ( I haven’t, got ODST a week after reach came out, happy with my desision) do you think generator defence multiplayer is nice, firefight version is OK, but ai’s can get boring, even on legendary.

Think of it, 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 generator. Plus they arnt for just defence, you can put them in invasion maps as objectives

I would find it awesome in invasion and in its own gametype. So what do you say

I’d like this, very much. I was disappointed Bungie didn’t include it in Reach.

I’d love to see Beta-style Generator Defense, sans Campaign AI, return to Multiplayer.

I wonder… If 343i redoes Invasion to allow a variable number of phases, then basic Generator Defense can be a single-phase Invasion gametype with three Generators placed for Phase 1. Two gametypes in one, allowing us to also use Generators as part of a full Invasion experience.

7 for yes, that to me is a sign that we need these back.

I absolutely loved Generator Defense in the Halo Reach beta. So much so that I even made a version of it in Forge.

I would love to see it, it was a blast in the Beta and will sure be a blast with more than three generators and more people as an option.

if they wanted to they could make an objective in the middle and you could bring it back to your base and regenerate your generators health( would work with both teams having a generator to protect)

I was actually really surprised that they did not add this to Halo Reach. It was really fun to play in the beta that’s for sure. :slight_smile: I hope they bring it to Halo 4!

> I’d love to see Beta-style Generator Defense, sans Campaign AI, return to Multiplayer.
>
> I wonder… If 343i redoes Invasion to allow a variable number of phases, then basic Generator Defense can be a single-phase Invasion gametype with three Generators placed for Phase 1. Two gametypes in one, allowing us to also use Generators as part of a full Invasion experience.

I could definitely see that happening, especially since Invasion is in serious need of some evolution. But if they were to do that, almost every other gametype (such as CTF and Assault) would also be assimilated into Invasion as a one phase variation of it. However, this is not a bad thing, and would be indistinguishable from what we’ve seen in past Halo games if Halo 4 uses Megalo scripting like Halo Reach for the gametypes.

Speaking of which, these ideas could probably be easily implemented in Halo Reach. It should be possible to use the Megalo scripting to add more phases in Invasion to give us a longer and more complex game or to put in generators as an objective to destroy. I’m not going to claim that I’m an expert at this stuff, but if we get gametypes like Skee ball and soccer, then why not this too?

The beta generator defense was better then the one in Reach imo.So much fun and hilarious random things happened when I played.

Yes, but only an option, not mandatory. I would like to see Invasion come back to Halo 4 as well. That gametype is one of my favorites (it just needs more maps in Halo: Reach!)

What if we put covenent generators and forunner generators (depending what characters we can play as like elites).

a purple generator with plasma gas when cooling sounds good to me.