Generator Defense

So I just found out on B.net (by creating a thread and asking the community their) that generator defense was cut from matchmaking before reach was released, I am deeply sadened by this. Gen. defense was one of my most favorite play lists in the beta. Why did bungie cut it? More importantly do you think that it should come back as a play list? I think it should because it was fun and truthfully I dont think it would get old. Well maybe in a couple weeks it will.

> So I just found out on B.net (by creating a thread and asking the community their) that generator defense was cut from matchmaking before reach was released, I am deeply sadened by this. Gen. defense was one of my most favorite play lists in the beta. Why did bungie cut it? More importantly do you think that it should come back as a play list? I think it should because it was fun and truthfully I dont think it would get old. Well maybe in a couple weeks it will.

Gen. defense is in Reach, just not in the same form as the beta.

However, a more beta-esque genny defense would not be unwelcome.

> > So I just found out on B.net (by creating a thread and asking the community their) that generator defense was cut from matchmaking before reach was released, I am deeply sadened by this. Gen. defense was one of my most favorite play lists in the beta. Why did bungie cut it? More importantly do you think that it should come back as a play list? I think it should because it was fun and truthfully I dont think it would get old. Well maybe in a couple weeks it will.
>
> Gen. defense is in Reach, just not in the same form as the beta.
>
> However, a more beta-esque genny defense would not be unwelcome.

Yeah, the Beta version was a bit more fun. Can’t see it ever coming back, but it would have been awesome.

I loved that in the beta, sure it was laggy mainly because they were testing the capabilities of the server, but I loved Generator Defense, and would love to see a hopeful return.

Along with Vs. Firefight matchmaking!

I am sure now that if they do make the generator defense play list it wont be as laggy as it was in the beta.

> I am sure now that if they do make the generator defense play list it wont be as laggy as it was in the beta.

I am sure of that as well XD ! I just meant that a lot of people complained about the lag on it, and I wasn’t sure if the people in this thread were aware of that :smiley: !

Anyways, I do wish it comes back!

> > I am sure now that if they do make the generator defense play list it wont be as laggy as it was in the beta.
>
> I am sure of that as well XD ! I just meant that a lot of people complained about the lag on it, and I wasn’t sure if the people in this thread were aware of that :smiley: !
>
> Anyways, I do wish it comes back!

It was laggy because they wanted to test the servers for Firefight and for Campaign, as you can still experience the same kind of lag when you’ve got a person with a really bad host. The multiplayer code in Reach was far more advanced and barely lagged compared to Halo 3’s.

Who knows, maybe 343i can and will intergrate it, as Bungie can edit custom game variants, just like Action Sack’s Gametypes, and 343i will probably have the same tools.

The new version of genny defense plays terribly. Likely due to the fact that the generators get destroyed too quick.

I should host a custom game night for genny defense…

If you do it later, I’m up for it, send me an XBOX message telling me that you are doing this, and I’ll head on over!

> The new version of genny defense plays terribly. Likely due to the fact that the generators get destroyed too quick.
>
> I should host a custom game night for genny defense…

Awesome I will join that my GT is: Honored Warhero.

My mic is messed up and currently being fixed so I wont have one but I assure you I am good at reach and will be a good asset to any ones team.

Ah, I just found the Generator Defense Matchmaking Insane Gametype, if anybody wants the gametype, I’ll send them a fileshare link (:

It was the best gametype ever.

Sure, I would want it back. That was fun.

I agree it was an amazing gametype that (sort of) fit into canon, personaly I believe had Bungie left it in MM it would easily be the most played playlist. 343 if you have the power to bring Gen Defense back to MM like in the Beta, please please do

Just like the petiton to remove armor abilities in halo 4 should I start a "Bring back Gen. Defense " petition it might get noticed by 343i and they might bring it back if I do so.