General thoughts on new update

i’m low key hyped for this new update. there’s a lot coming in it. obviously, not everything i was hoping to be in the mcc in the future is in this update, but i knew that was going to be unrealistic for the dev team. mod tools and skulls for reach, seeing peoples spartans and elites after each match, and new content for h2a (despite how odd some of them look) are really nice additions! what’s everybody’s thoughts on what’s coming in the new update?

5 Likes

The ability to choose which menu we can display and the UI overhaul sounds nice. I don’t like the impending addition of post game stances, but whatever. Don’t really care about anything else to be honest; just want them to add in what’s missing from the originals before adding anything new. A concept they can’t seem to grasp.

11 Likes

Overall, I would say this was a decent update. BUT there’s still a major caveat. Here’s the quote concerning the big problem.

“No decision has been made around the potential for purchasable SP being added as a secondary vector in the future…”

It kind of baffles me that no final decision has been made, there’s only one week left before this update goes live. If you want to get conspiratorial, it could be argued that 343 is hoping that the implementation of retroactively awarded points will be enough to dissuade some of the anger over real-world purchasable items.

But I feel like we’ve all made our voices clear that this is not a feature we want them to put into MCC. At least, I know I did.

9 Likes

343 announces microtransactions, community mad!
343 announces fix community has been talking about for years, while simultaneously releasing the microtransactions in a similar (or worse!) state than previously announced.
343 eventually makes the microtransactions slightly less bad, but still worse than anyone wanted.

Community happy because “we made progress”.

2 Likes

Weapon skins for H2A! Hopefully Reach can get some too.

9 Likes

I assume you are referring to the backdated season points that will be distributed which you pretended to be ignorant about in your recent micro transactions thread?

2 Likes

oh yeah! i totally skipped over that! weapon skins in h2a is exciting

4 Likes

very good impression, but I still want more things for the elites

1 Like

Halo 4 DLC loadout options from the 360 version are still left in the dust. Once again, the only major legacy gameplay affecting content still not brought over. See my full detailed post linked below.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/t/halo-4-still-missing-loadout-options/512108?u=megabmcblock

6 Likes

Personally I just don’t understand it.

All of the games have serious performance issues on xbox one. Halo 3 was never remastered. There is SO MUCH that could be done, so why are they adding gundam armor?

it is really frustrating when only one company can legally make Halo content and they choose to make non halo content, constantly.

5 Likes

We really don’t need a Halo 3 remaster.

3 Likes

It’d be nice for Reach to have some, it’d also be a content restoration in a way because Reach was supposed to have some back in the days…

3 Likes

Halo 3 will never be remastered, it was never announced that it would and the game is pretty good looking as is, especially with all the engine improvements it got in the MCC release… Now for performance issues on Xbox One, I wouldn’t know about them, I sold that useless black brick for a few bucks while it still had value but I’d argue that the game is not well optimized for older hardware even on PC, optimization of code is a hard job tho so I wouldn’t get my hopes up if I were you…

2 Likes

Halo 3 is the one Halo game that doesn’t need to be spit shined, it’s already basically perfect. Don’t ask for a remaster that retools the art style at its nigh apex.

4 Likes

read through whole blog, all seemed good, well except the new skins. breach looks not bad but the others look like knock off toys posted on reddit.

2 Likes

However, in the same post they are also saying the new Spartan Points earning past the first 100 tiers is retroactive, so us old folks in MCC would get a huge cashout of Spartan Points. It may be more than enough to the point we never have to spend even if they implement the dumb “buy points” thing.

Now that’s wonderful news to me, though I am still hugely against any form of DLC for MCC that isn’t bonus game content.

4 Likes

Remastering H3 is also a very finicky business because again, it uses BLAM, the be all end all of all of 343’s problems. It’s a friggin miracle how Bungie managed to make a masterpiece like H3 with as little problems on launch as it did.

For 343 to even begin to consider remastering H3 they need to naildown a few points:

• making Slipspace really solid, essentially make it BLAM but better (we are still not there yet)
  • Nail down the cutscenes (H2A level or better)
  • Find a way to market and sell it, which will mean needing to also try and remaster MP and have it running alongside Infinite.

The third point is main reason why the remaster won’t happen, at least for another 10 years.

1 Like

make it blam but better?

afaik the new engine is built on the foundations of blam

see https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/i0zp56/slipspace_engine_built_on_top_of_the_previous/

why would they make it more blam? they’ve moved away from that.

if they remastered halo 3, they’d probably get saber to do it. they did a good job on the last two remasteres.

Pretty much. And there’s not really any way to improve BLAM! without like. Most of those old alumni. They barely could to begin with.l

Ah yes, the official studio of, “Please finish this so we can ship it.”

2 Likes

To be fair, Saber did a much much better job with H2A than CEA. H2A was the true blue remaster we wanted for CEA, CEA was just… asset flipping the game + hey let’s make the lighting worse than H4.

2 Likes