General Spartan Abilities

Anything after Halo 3 had the worst abilities accept sprint. They really
screwed invisibility too. Who puts a radar jam on invisibility and then makes
invisibility cloak -2 times as good as it was. The invisibility cloak needs to be like the old days.

I’m hoping Spartan Abilities will usually be pick-ups on the map with limited use, just like equipment. Except for specific game modes in which they might be necessary. But they should mostly remain homogeneous so that no player is given an advantage with a specific SA. It prevents randomness and gets back to Halo’s classic gameplay.

Spartan abilities are not armor abilities. They are things everyone can do like board vehicles.

> I’m hoping Spartan Abilities will usually be pick-ups on the map with limited use, just like equipment. Except for specific game modes in which they might be necessary. But they should mostly remain homogeneous so that no player is given an advantage with a specific SA. It prevents randomness and gets back to Halo’s classic gameplay.

Spartan Abilities are new base player traits - think dual wielding or vehicle boarding. They won’t be map pickups.

> Spartan abilities are not armor abilities. They are things everyone can do like board vehicles.

You could argue that and say something like Armour Lock could become a new base player trait than anyone can do.

> You could argue that and say something like Armour Lock could become a new base player trait than anyone can do.

343 isn’t stupid.

> 343 isn’t stupid.

cough Personal and Random Ordnance cough

> > 343 isn’t stupid.
>
> cough Personal and Random Ordnance cough

I’ll hock up 2 kinds of perks, too. All 2 concepts are fundamentally not Halo.

I’m most curious about these base traits… dual wielding isn’t an option, so that leaves boarding as the one example that will carry forward. I’d like to know where else this goes.

Thruster (maybe acting as a double jump/JP replacement) is a leading contender. I don’t know what else, though. There’s not much else to go on with one tiny advance trailer. Slide and snap-to could be okay. But that ground pound has me worried.

> > 343 isn’t stupid.
>
> cough Personal and Random Ordnance cough

Ordnance is one thing. Default armor lock is something else entirely.

Agreed, the ground pound looked suspiciously like an AoE damage. With the prominence of MOBAs right now it wouldn’t surprise me, but it would disappoint me.

KISS 343, KISS. (Keep It Simple Stupid)