Gender options! (Or the giant lack thereof.)

It would be fun, yep.

My stance on it is that you’re in a suit of armor and can change your voice. We’ve got prostheses to be inclusive for amputees.
I don’t think we’re gonna need new body types for female spartans, just because of the variance of body types as a whole, between males and females.
Who’s to say a skinny girl DOESN’T feel represented in the current system?
Who’s to say an obese man DOES feel represented?
It’s a suit of armor, can we not use our imagination anymore?

2 Likes

I tried to make that very point. This topic is just stupid.

My guy skinny girls still have wider hips the 3 options were obviously rushed out using the same base with little changes to it

5 Likes

*some skinny girls.
(20 characters)
My only point here is that everyones body varies to crazy degrees.

1 Like

I’m a skinny girl. I don’t feel represented.

8 Likes

I’m an obese man, I don’t feel represented.

5 Likes

And?

How is asking for more options taking that representation away from them like I would understand if the majority were asking for the options to be replaced but a lot of us just want more options be it wider hips or a big wall of muscle on top of the ones we have

3 Likes

Sure, I’m all for that, just think there’s a few other pressing matters atm.

3 Likes

I’ve never said you shouldn’t be able to feel represented. And personally, I’d feel a lot happier if the armor fit all the body types we have. I know we can’t have 1,000,000 body types. But they can make type 1 have fitting armor.

1 Like

Bingo.

20 characters.

1 Like

I personally couldnt care less about Male or female Spartans that should be one of the last things on the priority list of things to do , me personally I’d like a new map and game modes and progression to earn things before a female spartan lol

2 Likes

My apologies. I misinterpreted, but a lot of the hot topics on the forum lately have been so full of cringe I didn’t catch the context.

2 Likes

preferably after Forge has been added in, need self sustainment.

2 Likes

Yeah I cant believe I forgot that aswell, theirs so many things I’d rather before I’m concerned about the gender of my spartan

2 Likes

Forge is a guaranteed coming, but my goodness its gonna be an agonising wait compared to 5. more customisation can wait after all.

2 Likes

Sadly your joke is pretty accurate. When you create something, and alter it in light of possibly offending someone, said creation loses its soul.

3 Likes

Glad to see another thread articulating this issue. at risk of sounding like a broken record. Clearly they weren’t given a mandate or they took a mandate for gender inclusiveness way too seriously and ended up making it gender exclusive. If Forza Horizon 5 can have better gender expression than CP77, I don’t understand why 343i didn’t just give us one clearly male and one clearly female body type, as opposed to 2 clearly male types and one androgynous type.

8 Likes

The only thing i can think of is 343i was sticking with cannon on this one. Spartans are genetically modified super soldiers covered in 2000 pound armor. They also might have wanted to avoid the over sexualization of the female body debates that seem to pop up all over social media now-a-days. Maybe they will change it, but giving spartans no discernible gender qualities is a lot easier than having one for every conceivable gender thats out there in 2022.

2 Likes

Honestly i feel like the barely noticeable changes was do to being rushed as I can only tell the differences with one of the choices and that’s it and the fact the armor is not properly fitted with every option

2 Likes