gen 3 internal shield generators?

so if you re watch the discover hope trailer for infinte you’ll notice that the gen 3 mark 6 john wears has no visable shield generators ( the bright lights on parts of the armor) and i was wondering might it be possible that the shield generators for gen 3 are internal insted of gen 1 - gen 2’s external?

This is something introduced to the Master Chief’s armour in Halo 4 and 5. What’s the canonical explanation in those games?

I do prefer visible shield emmiters. Especially Halo 3 where they are colored with your primary color. Bright white in 4-5 doesn’t look to good, even with the earlier light blue in Reach is just okay, I still prefer the colored ones from Halo 3.

I think it’s just for looks, but maybe your on to something op.

> 2535415876049274;2:
> This is something introduced to the Master Chief’s armour in Halo 4 and 5. What’s the canonical explanation in those games?

no i think the armor john used in h4 and h5 had external shield emiters but his gen 3 mark 6 has none so im thinking the shield emiters are internal for gen 3

It might be different. Since the new armor, most likely GEN 3, uses improved MkVII tech, it might be able to detect incoming fire such as bullets, plasma or hard light and project shielding to those areas, improving shield efficiency. Just a thought.

> 2533274815543309;6:
> It might be different. Since the new armor, most likely GEN 3, uses improved MkVII tech, it might be able to detect incoming fire such as bullets, plasma or hard light and project shielding to those areas, improving shield efficiency. Just a thought.

Holy cow that sounds sick… like that would be actually really cool!

> 2533274801884952;1:
> so if you re watch the discover hope trailer for infinte you’ll notice that the gen 3 mark 6 john wears has no visable shield generators ( the bright lights on parts of the armor) and i was wondering might it be possible that the shield generators for gen 3 are internal insted of gen 1 - gen 2’s external?

not trying dismiss your theory but I think you should keep in mind that the game
is still one and a half year away and that everything what was shown could be subject to change
and a simple work-in-progress, that’s why I wouldn’t make assumptions out of those little bits we have seen.

It could be a forerunner based shielding systems. Maybe reverse engineered from sentinels and monitors. They dont seem to have shield emitters. Perhaps his shield will have a hexagonal pattern like The Sentinel’s shields in Halo 3.

> 2533274847563380;7:
> > 2533274815543309;6:
> > It might be different. Since the new armor, most likely GEN 3, uses improved MkVII tech, it might be able to detect incoming fire such as bullets, plasma or hard light and project shielding to those areas, improving shield efficiency. Just a thought.
>
> Holy cow that sounds sick… like that would be actually really cool!

I mean new advanced shielding was one one of the design elements for the Mk VII, so incorporating some that tech in the GEN 3 wouldnt be a stretch.

> 2533274801884952;5:
> > 2535415876049274;2:
> > This is something introduced to the Master Chief’s armour in Halo 4 and 5. What’s the canonical explanation in those games?
>
> no i think the armor john used in h4 and h5 had external shield emiters but his gen 3 mark 6 has none so im thinking the shield emiters are internal for gen 3

Nope. No visible shield emitters.