Gen 3 armor?

As we all have noticed, the Chief now wears a classic Mark VI. but something at the end of the trailer makes me think this isn’t your standard Gen 1 or 2 armor. at the end of the trailer, the Chief slides a chip into his helmet, however, the classic Gen 1 Mark VI does not have an AI port of this design. could this mean that in halo 6 we could be getting gen 3 armor, a combination of Generations 1 and 2 technology?

Maybe. But in the first game if I don’t remember correctly MC just slides chip into the helmet in cutscenes and stuff. Just a lack of detail I think. In Halo 4 he puts it in the back but the holder isn’t very detailed. So I guess they made the armor “as it should be”. Just more details.

Although the front doesn’t look 100% like the Halo 2/3 Helmet. It does look a lot more accurate and classic than Halo 4 and 5. So I’m happy. Just want to see the rest of it too.

And as you say. Might be a new generation.

Gen3 in less then 10 years after the introduction of Gen2 is plain stupid, Gen2 is VERY open to so many permutations of MJOLNIR, it’s like a PC, I would not be suprised if chief was using a GEN2 MK6 suit like the refurbished GEN1 suits updated for the base standards of GEN2 tech like those we see in halo 5, swapping out his damaged suit with updated armor he’s still familiar with.

GEN3 in less than 10 years is about as dumb as Spartan-5s.

A return to a more classic visual style is ok. I just hope they don’t revert entirely to the “iconic” artstyle. A blend of old and new, as long as it fits, would be a welcome sight. But purely for fan service doesn’t do them justice. Maybe actually explain why an armor change was a necessity. For example, the chief’s Mk VI MOD armor was susceptible to armor lock functions that could be exploited by Cortana and her created. Also, the use of older “outdated” weapons were prone to malfunctions against the Created. Maybe using older model weapons and equipment reduced that possiblity.
I’d personally like to see the ability to choose what character you can play as when doing coop/split screen. I’d love to play as Locke, but being able to play as Buck would be cool too.
I’ve seen people talking about how the Chief would be only featured, however 343i stated that there wont be any “new characters”. I’d love to see some Locke missions. Keep him as a supporting character, that way he can develop as a person alongside Chief.
Maybe even his own side story game-possible DLC?
As far as artstyle. I have mixed feelings. On one hand, some of the armor design for the Spartan IVs were atrocious. But others were good. Locke and Vale were awesome!! The Forerunner visuals looked good to me. Bungie had this ancient greece-like representation that didnt speak well of the Forerunners superior technology. Just old stuff with lasers didnt feel right. The newer style had an element of mystery and advanced technology that looked alien. Maybe a bit far fetched. But I liked it.

Anyways, I just hope 343 does it right, a blend of old and new would be the best choice, in my opinion. Like H2A spartan designs mixed with new style a bit. Just leave Locke’s character model alone, he looked right.

> 2533274815543309;4:
> A return to a more classic visual style is ok. I just hope they don’t revert entirely to the “iconic” artstyle. A blend of old and new, as long as it fits, would be a welcome sight. But purely for fan service doesn’t do them justice. Maybe actually explain why an armor change was a necessity. For example, the chief’s Mk VI MOD armor was susceptible to armor lock functions that could be exploited by Cortana and her created. Also, the use of older “outdated” weapons were prone to malfunctions against the Created. Maybe using older model weapons and equipment reduced that possiblity.
> I’d personally like to see the ability to choose what character you can play as when doing coop/split screen. I’d love to play as Locke, but being able to play as Buck would be cool too.
> I’ve seen people talking about how the Chief would be only featured, however 343i stated that there wont be any “new characters”. I’d love to see some Locke missions. Keep him as a supporting character, that way he can develop as a person alongside Chief.
> Maybe even his own side story game-possible DLC?
> As far as artstyle. I have mixed feelings. On one hand, some of the armor design for the Spartan IVs were atrocious. But others were good. Locke and Vale were awesome!! The Forerunner visuals looked good to me. Bungie had this ancient greece-like representation that didnt speak well of the Forerunners superior technology. Just old stuff with lasers didnt feel right. The newer style had an element of mystery and advanced technology that looked alien. Maybe a bit far fetched. But I liked it.
>
> Anyways, I just hope 343 does it right, a blend of old and new would be the best choice, in my opinion. Like H2A spartan designs mixed with new style a bit. Just leave Locke’s character model alone, he looked right.

I would love a combination of old and new art styles. I’ve always loved the body armor designs of the classics but I still really enjoy the helmet designs of the newer games. Ive always wanted to pair some gen-2 helmets with a true mark VI armor, or if it is in halo 6, the mark IV body armor

GEN3 MJOLNIR might be too farfetched considering that the Created may very well be in control of the major production facilities when Halo Infinite arrives. Lore-wise, it’s more logical to update existing GEN1 and GEN2 platforms since the UNSC will have to scavenge as much material as possible.

> 2535429593088083;6:
> GEN3 MJOLNIR might be too farfetched considering that the Created may very well be in control of the major production facilities when Halo Infinite arrives. Lore-wise, it’s more logical to update existing GEN1 and GEN2 platforms since UNSC will have to scavenge as much material as possible.

actually, this is exactly what I was thinking Gen 3 armor could be, upgraded Gen 1 and 2’s, or Gen 1’s with Gen 2 upgrades, I didn’t explain this very well.

> 2533275026446288;7:
> > 2535429593088083;6:
> > GEN3 MJOLNIR might be too farfetched considering that the Created may very well be in control of the major production facilities when Halo Infinite arrives. Lore-wise, it’s more logical to update existing GEN1 and GEN2 platforms since UNSC will have to scavenge as much material as possible.
>
> actually, this is exactly what I was thinking Gen 3 armor could be, upgraded Gen 1 and 2’s, or Gen 1’s with Gen 2 upgrades, I didn’t explain this very well.

I think “GEN1.5” and “GEN2.5” MJOLNIR would be more appropriate. GEN3 would still be out of the question.

> 2535429593088083;8:
> > 2533275026446288;7:
> > > 2535429593088083;6:
> > > GEN3 MJOLNIR might be too farfetched considering that the Created may very well be in control of the major production facilities when Halo Infinite arrives. Lore-wise, it’s more logical to update existing GEN1 and GEN2 platforms since UNSC will have to scavenge as much material as possible.
> >
> > actually, this is exactly what I was thinking Gen 3 armor could be, upgraded Gen 1 and 2’s, or Gen 1’s with Gen 2 upgrades, I didn’t explain this very well.
>
> I think “GEN1.5” and “GEN2.5” MJOLNIR would be more appropriate. GEN3 would still be out of the question.

but if its gen 1 with gen 2 upgrades or both gens being upgraded, would they be considered Gen 1 or Gen 2? can they still even be considered as either one? this is why I keep calling it Gen 3

Maybe ts could be a variant that resembles the older Mk VI, but entirely new. Maybe features some new bleeding edge stuff, or maybe they had an older Mk VII variant in deep storage aboard Infinity, Chief wants something that’s more true to him. Just an idea.

Remember we may all be reading into this a bit much. This trailer was an example of what Slipspace can do. The final version could differ heavily. Or not. We wont know till later.
However, I’m eagerly waiting more info.

> 2533274815543309;10:
> Maybe ts could be a variant that resembles the older Mk VI, but entirely new. Maybe features some new bleeding edge stuff, or maybe they had an older Mk VII variant in deep storage aboard Infinity, Chief wants something that’s more true to him. Just an idea.
>
> Remember we may all be reading into this a bit much. This trailer was an example of what Slipspace can do. The final version could differ heavily. Or not. We wont know till later.
> However, I’m eagerly waiting more info.

who knows, but its still an awe inspiring image

I think it’s just a new rendition of the GEN 1 Mark VI for the GEN 2 platform. It wouldn’t be the first time they did this in the lore. Look at Halo 3’s Mark V armor for multiplayer. You’re not reverting to the Halo 1 health system when you use it. It functions identically to the Mark VI helmet.

I believe something like that is what going on here.