Gek in Halo: Fractures?

Put your tinfoil hats on folks because it’s time to speculate halo follower style, just kidding. :wink:

I believe (hope) that Gek will get a short story in Halo: Fractures. “But that’s ludicrous, you’re just obsessed with Gek” you may say. And that’s very, very true. However, I’m going to lay out some speculation and cryptic clues (insanity) to why I think this.

Firstly, John Jackson Miller is interviewed in Canon Fodder Issue 77 (Driving Force) about writing a story for Fractures. He states “I also like the notion of showing what the line officers of the various factions are thinking — I always like imagining what it’s like living in these worlds if you’re one of the masses” - Gek fits this description pretty well. He also mentions that both characters go through duty and “isolation” and we know ’ Lhar was held at Midnight Facility. In addition to this, the same article has Gek 'Lhar as a featured universe article entry… Suspicious.

Canon Fodder Issue 77 - Driving Force

So there you have it. Am I insane, hopeful or on to something? Either way a story of Gek escaping Midnight Facility would be pretty cool as we could get more reasoning on Loyalties to the Covenant. Just anything really, I thirst for it.

Credible

Isn’t he the one with a decent Spartan kill count ? … If so , I’m impressed and would definitely like to know more

> 2533274881094048;1:
> Canon Fodder Issue 77 - Driving Force
>
> Next we have a more… cryptic little nod. In Canon Fodder 81 (Crown Jul) we are given a passage regarding Blamite. Grim makes what I believe to be a pun of “whoever has the gekz” Gekz being a play on words for guts as he’s quite bold. Knowing how Grim likes to play with us this is something fitting to what he would do.

Gekz is a currency the Covenant used.

> 2533274819594227;4:
> > 2533274881094048;1:
> > Canon Fodder Issue 77 - Driving Force
> >
> > Next we have a more… cryptic little nod. In Canon Fodder 81 (Crown Jul) we are given a passage regarding Blamite. Grim makes what I believe to be a pun of “whoever has the gekz” Gekz being a play on words for guts as he’s quite bold. Knowing how Grim likes to play with us this is something fitting to what he would do.
>
>
> Gekz is a currency the Covenant used.

So it is!

> 2533274916736578;3:
> Isn’t he the one with a decent Spartan kill count ? … If so , I’m impressed and would definitely like to know more

Yes he is.

I thought the gekz thing was a pun too lol, however the fact they have held back on so many questions regarding 'Lhar makes me think it’s entirely possible.

I would love to learn more about Gek, especially how he got those Spartan dog tags.