Gears and RNG/MT

So for those of you that don’t know, Gears of War 4 has the same Random Number Generator and Microtransactions for Boosts, Weapon Skins, and Emblems as Halo 5.

I don’t quite remember if any of the previous titles had microtransactions - I think Judgment did, but that’s the Gears I played the least of by far.

Maybe it really is the current game trend, or maybe it’s a Microsoft thing, but either way, Gears 4 unfortunately has a very similar microtransaction system as Halo 5.

I think this is just something we will encounter a lot from now on. It does seem to be a trend overall. More and more companies are trying to incorporate micro transactions into their games and apps. Even Nintendo is in on it with their mobile apps. I think from a marketing stand point it is something they have to do. Games come out so fast now that people play them and move on fast. And the price of games seems to drop a lot faster now. So I don’t really see this going away any time soon, only becoming more and more something we will expect in our video games.

> 2533274869239954;2:
> I think this is just something we will encounter a lot from now on. It does seem to be a trend overall. More and more companies are trying to incorporate micro transactions into their games and apps. Even Nintendo is in on it with their mobile apps. I think from a marketing stand point it is something they have to do. Games come out so fast now that people play them and move on fast. And the price of games seems to drop a lot faster now. So I don’t really see this going away any time soon, only becoming more and more something we will expect in our video games.

Unfortunately I’d have to agree. I know it’s definitely an EA thing as well, so it’s something we’ll see in all their games, especially Battlefield. I don’t think we saw it in Battlefront, but that game was such a cut content mess anyway so it didn’t matter. I don’t know if CoD has done it? I haven’t played that game much since about around Ghosts.

> 2533274850493408;3:
> > 2533274869239954;2:
> > I think this is just something we will encounter a lot from now on. It does seem to be a trend overall. More and more companies are trying to incorporate micro transactions into their games and apps. Even Nintendo is in on it with their mobile apps. I think from a marketing stand point it is something they have to do. Games come out so fast now that people play them and move on fast. And the price of games seems to drop a lot faster now. So I don’t really see this going away any time soon, only becoming more and more something we will expect in our video games.
>
>
> Unfortunately I’d have to agree. I know it’s definitely an EA thing as well, so it’s something we’ll see in all their games, especially Battlefield. I don’t think we saw it in Battlefront, but that game was such a cut content mess anyway so it didn’t matter. I don’t know if CoD has done it? I haven’t played that game much since about around Ghosts.

I am not much of a CoD player either but I played the last Black Ops a bit because it is the only game I could get my sister to play with me and I didn’t see anything yet, I don’t believe. I only played it like twice, so who knows. Haha. I don’t mind so much as long as they have ways to earn the stuff without paying money. Totino’s pizza had some codes to get stuff on Gears. But I tried last night and the site wasn’t working, I gave up since it was late. Going to try again today. My husband got a bunch of extra stuff since he did the Ultimate edition, so he already has a ton of skins. I gotta say though, I’m way more excited about the skins in Gears than I am in Halo. They actually have cute ones. HAHA