Gave Up on Arena

I don’t know about anyone else, but now all I play is warzone (thank God for Waypoint tracking 2 different K/Ds…). I find myself NEVER able to actually rank up at all in the arena modes. Granted, due to the new season and having a team and a party to work with, I managed to get Platinum 6 after playing the first 10 matches. Ever since though, it’s just a constant back and forth of winning one match and losing another. And the games I have are never even neck and neck. It’s either my team destroys the other or vice versa. Also, I’ve had yet to play a single match where everyone is actually of the same rank -_-

You definitely shouldn’t worry about destroying the other team. Half the time when I watch high-level arena play (particularly objective games), the other team gets destroyed. Are you actually checking the ranks when you get destroyed. I find it hard to believe that you would be paired up with anyone too much higher than you.

> 2533274844459001;1:
> I don’t know about anyone else, but now all I play is warzone (thank God for Waypoint tracking 2 different K/Ds…). I find myself NEVER able to actually rank up at all in the arena modes. Granted, due to the new season and having a team and a party to work with, I managed to get Platinum 6. Ever since though, it’s just a constant back and forth of winning one match and losing another. And the games I have are never even neck and neck. It’s either my team destroys the other or vice versa. Also, I’ve had yet to play a single match where everyone is actually of the same rank -_-

I feel you. When my squad and I play, we get teamshotted a lot. It’s Halo though.

It means you are not stronger than a platinum 6… See, me and my teammates are constantly trying to improve our onyx score, that actually is over 1700 for everybody and still working on it

> 2533274844459001;1:
> I don’t know about anyone else, but now all I play is warzone (thank God for Waypoint tracking 2 different K/Ds…). I find myself NEVER able to actually rank up at all in the arena modes. Granted, due to the new season and having a team and a party to work with, I managed to get Platinum 6 after playing the first 10 matches. Ever since though, it’s just a constant back and forth of winning one match and losing another. And the games I have are never even neck and neck. It’s either my team destroys the other or vice versa. Also, I’ve had yet to play a single match where everyone is actually of the same rank -_-

You sound like me.
I just dont have anyone to play with so platinum 4 is as high as i get. If only this game only let solos play with people 1-2 ranks away from their own there wouldnt be so many stomp matches. Winning or losing by 20+ points in team slayer gets old fast.

It may sound counter intuitive, but your problem may actually be searching with a team. When searching with 4’s the game tries to pair you against other teams of three or four. When searching alone or with a partner, you will almost always only be paired up with opposing teams who also are made up of individual players or pairs of two. This means less communication on the enemy team, making it easier for a good player to succeed.

> 2533274793108235;2:
> You definitely shouldn’t worry about destroying the other team. Half the time when I watch high-level arena play (particularly objective games), the other team gets destroyed. Are you actually checking the ranks when you get destroyed. I find it hard to believe that you would be paired up with anyone too much higher than you.

I’m gold 3 and get matched against platinums often. Its common to see Platinums playing against silvers. The issue I think is one of team balance. Team balancing is not as good as it could be.

> 2533274823350255;4:
> It means you are not stronger than a platinum 6… See, me and my teammates are constantly trying to improve our onyx score, that actually is over 1700 for everybody and still working on it

First time I did breakout, I managed to get Platinum One. I played half of the first ten games solo, then with a friend and his friends. Second time I did breakout, I played three matches solo, then got together with a bunch of people that I randomly met in the matches (won about 90 percent of the games)

Also, I’ll admit, my aim might not be what it used to be (was God like in getting Headshots on reach…). However, due to everyone’s complaints with the aiming, not sure if that is somewhat to blame. And, I’ve seen myself versing a lot of diamonds : P

sniping in Reach:

> 2533274823350255;4:
> It means you are not stronger than a platinum 6… See, me and my teammates are constantly trying to improve our onyx score, that actually is over 1700 for everybody and still working on it

Yep. When you fluctuate on a rank, it means that’s about as good as you are, and have to improve.

> However, due to everyone’s complaints with the aiming, not sure if that is somewhat to blame.

I would not worry about them too much. I just set my deadzones to 0% and my aim acceleration to 2, and I was back to normal.

> 2533274793108235;9:
> > 2533274823350255;4:
> > It means you are not stronger than a platinum 6… See, me and my teammates are constantly trying to improve our onyx score, that actually is over 1700 for everybody and still working on it
>
>
> Yep. When you fluctuate on a rank, it means that’s about as good as you are, and have to improve.

And yet, before this, the highest I got to was Platinum 3. Then I just went on a losing streak and went back down to platinum ones (saw a LOT of diamonds)

Also, I may receive hate for this, but, I’d like the matchmaking to be like Halo 3’s. Where, you ACTUALLY verse others who are of the same rank as you. So, if I’m platinum one, I should verse others who are ALSO platinum one.

> 2533274823350255;4:

It really doesn’t lol. The MM is so wonky I’ve been a plat 2 and been matched against Onyx. I’ve also been a diamond and been matched against Gold.

I’ve haven’t been lower than diamond/onyx in anything and I can safely say that’s Halo for ya. Halo has always been a back and forth game. I usually win 3-4 in a row, lose a close game or two, and go on another win streak. It is great this way. It’s not like COD back in the day where I’d win nearly ever game I play by blowing out the other team. Sure there are days on Halo where I’ll pull off a 12-16 game win streak but it doesn’t happen as much. 4v4 Halo is as much about strategy and teamwork as it is about pure skill.

> 2533274844459001;11:
> > 2533274793108235;9:
> > > 2533274823350255;4:
> > > It means you are not stronger than a platinum 6… See, me and my teammates are constantly trying to improve our onyx score, that actually is over 1700 for everybody and still working on it
> >
> >
> > Yep. When you fluctuate on a rank, it means that’s about as good as you are, and have to improve.
>
>
> And yet, before this, the highest I got to was Platinum 3. Then I just went on a losing streak and went back down to platinum ones (saw a LOT of diamonds)
>
> Also, I may receive hate for this, but, I’d like the matchmaking to be like Halo 3’s. Where, you ACTUALLY verse others who are of the same rank as you. So, if I’m platinum one, I should verse others who are ALSO platinum one.

The ranking system does match you against people of the same or similar rank. It is just the population is much lower these days so it has to widen the search for players.