Gauging your skill.

Skill is one of the hardest factors to gauge in any game, this is my theory on how skill should be gauged.

First we start with the levels of skill and the number of points it takes to get there.

• True Noob; a player who lacks the coordination to move and shoot at the same time; You’ll know. - Noob; a player who lacks a basic understanding of the game; 9 points - Rookie; New players who are still getting used to Halo; 12 points - UNSC Marine; Newer players who haven’t clocked enough hours to be “Good.”; 18 points - The Troll Noobs; players who are only good with the sniper rifle; 14 points - UNSC Sargent; The skilled casual players, it is a game after all; 24 points - UNSC ODST; True warriors, they give no quarter and take none; 30 points - UNSC Spartan; The Veterans of Halo; 36 points - HCS Pro; The Championship players, those who go to tournaments and beat the tar out of each other; 42 points - HCS Champion; The greatest Halo players of the season; 48 points - HCS MVP; The Best Halo players alive. For now; 54 pointsNow here’s the area where you rack up points.

• Below you will find every category of gameplay, ratings go from 1 (can’t do it at all) to 5 (Trick shots, Killionaries, and such) - CQB, the ability to score kills with punches. 5 requires a kill on a sword wielding opponent with your fists. - LRC, the ability to score kills with snipers. 5 requires a kill on a sniper when you don’t have one and the sniper is out of your weapon’s range. - MRC, the ability to score kills with firearms. 5 requires a kill on someone wielding a power weapon. - Grenades, ability to use grenades effectively. 5 requires a stick on a driver or an across map stick. - Power weapons, the ability to score kills with power weapons. 5 requires a one shot on a tank, more kills than the weapon has shots (No vehicle kills, or an Extermination medal. - Vehicular, the ability to score kills, or assists (For Hog drivers) with vehicles. 5 requires surviving an entire match with your vehicle intact. - Survivability, the ability to survive. Select your highest spree medal, Killing spree is worth 2 points, while UNFRIGGINBELIEVABLE is 9. - Lethality, the ability to wreck your enemies. Select your highest streak medal, double kill is worth 2 points, Killionare is 10 points.This will not be exact, but hopefully it will show you how good you are, and where you need to improve. If you’re an ODST or above go ahead and give yourself a pat on the back for getting this far. The rest of you, practice. You’ll make it eventually. I guarantee it. (Seriously though you NEED to practice. If you don’t you’ll never get good.)

If you have any questions or see any errors, please message me. (Disclaimer; I am not responsible for anyone cheating on this “Test” or low scores from this “Test”. This “Test” may not be accurate.)

I think your test is well done, I’ve got nothing to add atm. I’m definitely a spartan, I’ve played a long time, been there done all that stuff. You won’t find it all in my service record though. People say I should do MLG but I choose to focus on more important things in life.

> 2533274891841289;2:
> I think your test is well done, I’ve got nothing to add atm. I’m definitely a spartan, I’ve played a long time, been there done all that stuff. You won’t find it all in my service record though. People say I should do MLG but I choose to focus on more important things in life.

Life? Never heard of that server. ;^) I’m sure you were perfectly honest about your skill, the purpose of this is to help players figure out their strengths and weaknesses so that they can focus on those for practice. Braggarts who are clearly sniper noobs will be ignored.

(Note; people who are ninjas with snipers are not noobs so long as they can use other weapons effectively.)

> 2684735135014023;3:
> > 2533274891841289;2:
> > I think your test is well done, I’ve got nothing to add atm. I’m definitely a spartan, I’ve played a long time, been there done all that stuff. You won’t find it all in my service record though. People say I should do MLG but I choose to focus on more important things in life.
>
>
> Life? Never heard of that server. ;^) I’m sure you were perfectly honest about your skill, the purpose of this is to help players figure out their strengths and weaknesses so that they can focus on those for practice. Braggarts who are clearly sniper noobs will be ignored.
>
> (Note; people who are ninjas with snipers are not noobs so long as they can use other weapons effectively.)

lol, yeah. I’m always a supportive player with the sniper rifle. I have my terrible days though, miss everything, and my “Holy crap how am I doing this” kind of days.