Gaming headsets

I’ve had my Astro a40s with the M80 mixamp for about a year now and I couldn’t be happier with them. I think it’s even made me a better Halo player, I can literally pinpoint someone’s location from their gun reporting combined with using map knowledge.

I couldn’t imagine going back to that little stick mic that came with my Xbox, whenever I use one now it feels like I’m going to snap it just by putting it on.

What is everyone’s preference when it comes to the type of headset you wear? Do most of you still stick to the original one that comes packaged with every new Xbox one?

I love my turtle beach headset, I can hear my own feedback and the mic works flawlessly. I do have issues with the pinpoint location using just the audio. I also totally agree, Xbox and Microsoft should work on a better head set that you can actually rely on

I use the Skullcandy Slyrs. They do what I want- provide stereo sound without hurting my ears. My friends can hear me.

Turtle Beach X50s are fantastic in my humble opinion. Dirt cheap, relatively solid construction, great sound quality; it does the job very well.

I’ve got a turtle beach set. The audio quality is great. My only complaint is that they start to feel uncomfortable within an hour of wearing them.

I share your love for the Astro A40’s. Great sound quality and mic quality. I’ve had mine for almost a year, and I’ve only had minor issues. Definitely prefer them over any other headset.

Astros are alright, my old pair always gave me mic trouble though. And I believe the new ones require a mix amp for both consoles? I use a third party headset these days with a mod mic attached. Probably one of the best investments of my life.

Sennheiser Game One is the most comfortable thing you will ever put on your head. Legit feels like you’re just wearing air.

And for Mix-Amp, you can’t go wrong with Astro.

> 2533274803493024;3:
> I use the Skullcandy Slyrs. They do what I want- provide stereo sound without hurting my ears. My friends can hear me.

The Halo SLYRS? I love them. Just wish the earcups were a little bigger and the sound was not just stereo.
Maybe I will get an Astro set someday.

I have used a few cheap one at the start but was very disappointed. So I decided to try out the Turtle beach PXS4 with an amp, beautifully rich deep loud sounds, but the amp started to crackle after a few months of use. I continued to use them without the amp, but it was not the same. I now use Cloud II HyperX. These headphones have seven speakers built into them, which give me pinpoint location, and also gives me that rich deep sound.

> 2533274803493024;3:
> I use the Skullcandy Slyrs. They do what I want- provide stereo sound without hurting my ears. My friends can hear me.

I use the same headset halo edition

I wish they would reintroduce the wireless earpiece headset that they used for the Xbox 360, calling it the “social” headset or something. I loved that thing - could put my controller down and make food, grab a beer, talk to people in my house without having to leave the party, and it isn’t a full bulky headset.

Sigh.

I use an Afterglow Level 7. It’s lasted me nearly a year and the only issue I’ve ever had with is that it will sometimes reverse the audio outputs (left and right) when you turn it on. Which is fixed by simply disconnecting the Bluetooth USB from the Xbox and reconnecting.

For my Xbox 360, I used the infamous Turtle Beach X12. Mainly for Halo 3 and other old online titles. They still work like perfect. However, for my Xbox One, I used to have a Turtle Beach Stealth Recon 50x, I accidently broke those from raging at a Halo 5 stronghold match on Empire after losing by 1 point. But now I have the Turtle Beach XO Four which have worked for me ever since I bought them, fantastic audio, superb bass in my opinion when I like listen to rap music and such.

For years now I have used the Razer Kraken headsets, and they are the only ones I will buy now.

> 2535429593088083;4:
> Turtle Beach X50s are fantastic in my humble opinion. Dirt cheap, relatively solid construction, great sound quality; it does the job very well.

How much are the X50s? That is one of the major cons with Astros in general, they tend do be expensive

> 2535437232056320;16:
> > 2535429593088083;4:
> > Turtle Beach X50s are fantastic in my humble opinion. Dirt cheap, relatively solid construction, great sound quality; it does the job very well.
>
> How much are the X50s? That is one of the major cons with Astros in general, they tend do be expensive

The X50’s in my area (which is Canada) retail for around $54.99.

I don’t own a headset anymore. Instead I just have Beyerdynamic DT770 closed headphones with a ModMic 4.0 if I need a mic. The DT770 have decent sound quality at reasonable price, better than any gaming headset at least, as far as I know. But over the few years I’ve been using them, I have come to the conclusion that the greatest thing about them is how comfortable they are to wear.

> 2533274834881503;8:
> Sennheiser Game One is the most comfortable thing you will ever put on your head. Legit feels like you’re just wearing air.

I haven’t tried them, but if the pads anything like Sennheiser’s other headphones, then I think there are more comfortable options out there. DT990’s were something that really to me felt like air.

> 2533274825830455;18:
> I don’t own a headset anymore. Instead I just have Beyerdynamic DT770 closed headphones with a ModMic 4.0 if I need a mic. The DT770 have decent sound quality at reasonable price, better than any gaming headset at least, as far as I know. But over the few years I’ve been using them, I have come to the conclusion that the greatest thing about them is how comfortable they are to wear.
>
>
> > 2533274834881503;8:
> > Sennheiser Game One is the most comfortable thing you will ever put on your head. Legit feels like you’re just wearing air.
>
> I haven’t tried them, but if the pads anything like Sennheiser’s other headphones, then I think there are more comfortable options out there. DT990’s were something that really to me felt like air.

I have a pair of Sennheiser headphones for my music. Great stereo sound and they collapse for transport in the bag, but the ear cup cushioning is a little too stiff. They’re the HD something…4s or so.

> 2533274850493408;12:
> I wish they would reintroduce the wireless earpiece headset that they used for the Xbox 360, calling it the “social” headset or something. I loved that thing - could put my controller down and make food, grab a beer, talk to people in my house without having to leave the party, and it isn’t a full bulky headset.
>
> Sigh.

I hated how short it was lol. Had to tap the mic to get my voice through.