Gametypes without AAs?

I would like to see a gametypes in H4’s playlists upon release that have no AAs.
They could still have the customizable weapon start and perks, sprint, ect… just no AAs.

The reasoning behind these individual things is so that the player can customize their own game experience, but I think that the AAs have an affect on everyone’s experience just as much as the individual.

The current perks that I have seen seem to be things that truly do enhance the player’s personal playstyle and would have an overall low affect on the overall game flow and experience of the rest of the players.

However, the AAs will drastically change the game flow and the experience of the other players. I would have said the same thing about sprint in Reach, but they seem to have done a great job of altering that feature and the base movement speed to fix that.

Everyone could easily see that in Reach the playlists began with almost all of the AAs available in nearly all gametypes, but they all began to get slowly rolled back and taken away as they were seen to have too large and a harmful affect on the game flow. This left many with the idea that that was how Reach was and it game Reach this incredibly stupid reputation that was filled with constant jet packing and armor locking. It is a great shame because Reach has since become much better as Bungie/343 fine tuned their settings in MM and this game has become much better for the most part.

I don’t want to see the same thing happen with H4 and I believe that adding a gametype that comes up just as much as the default settings would allow players to experience another direction that the game could go and keep H4 from getting an AA heavy reputation.

Yes-I agree we should have one gametype without AA’s. Supposedly some type of classic playlist.

I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to do that sort of stuff in Custom Games as well

> Yes-I agree we should have one gametype without AA’s. Supposedly some type of classic playlist.
>
> I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to do that sort of stuff in Custom Games as well

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that you will be able to do that in custom games, but most players just the game based solely on what happens in MM.

Also, I am not suggesting to completely strip the game down like removing all perks, loadouts and sprint. I think that the rest of those things look perfectly fine (aside from those ordinance drop things, but those aren’t in all gametypes), but I think that the AAs will have too large and too constant an effect on the game overall. The perks seem like they will have a very subtle affect on the overall game and be mostly geared towards the individual player’s experience.

I would like to see something kind of like what they have with the ordinance drops. They are a new feature that many will probably like, but there are gametypes that don’t have them because they have a large affect on the overall game. I think that this same approach should be taken with AAs.

> > Yes-I agree we should have one gametype without AA’s. Supposedly some type of classic playlist.
> >
> > I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to do that sort of stuff in Custom Games as well
>
> Yeah, I’m pretty sure that you will be able to do that in custom games, but most players just the game based solely on what happens in MM.
>
> Also, I am not suggesting to completely strip the game down like removing all perks, loadouts and sprint. I think that the rest of those things look perfectly fine (aside from those ordinance drop things, but those aren’t in all gametypes), but I think that the AAs will have too large and too constant an effect on the game overall. The perks seem like they will have a very subtle affect on the overall game and be mostly geared towards the individual player’s experience.
>
> I would like to see something kind of like what they have with the ordinance drops. They are a new feature that many will probably like, but there are gametypes that don’t have them because they have a large affect on the overall game. I think that this same approach should be taken with AAs.

Armour Abilities in Ordinance drops? I never thought of that…

There will be gametypes without AAs.

> > > Yes-I agree we should have one gametype without AA’s. Supposedly some type of classic playlist.
> > >
> > > I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to do that sort of stuff in Custom Games as well
> >
> > Yeah, I’m pretty sure that you will be able to do that in custom games, but most players just the game based solely on what happens in MM.
> >
> > Also, I am not suggesting to completely strip the game down like removing all perks, loadouts and sprint. I think that the rest of those things look perfectly fine (aside from those ordinance drop things, but those aren’t in all gametypes), but I think that the AAs will have too large and too constant an effect on the game overall. The perks seem like they will have a very subtle affect on the overall game and be mostly geared towards the individual player’s experience.
> >
> > I would like to see something kind of like what they have with the ordinance drops. They are a new feature that many will probably like, but there are gametypes that don’t have them because they have a large affect on the overall game. I think that this same approach should be taken with AAs.
>
> Armour Abilities in Ordinance drops? I never thought of that…

Not exactly what I meant, but also an interesting idea.

I more meant that they already have Infinity Slayer which will have ordinance drops and Slayer which will not feature ordinance drops. I think that it will be nice if they have a third gametype (I don’t really know what they could call it, but whatever) where it didn’t have AAs.

> There will be gametypes without AAs.

Did that get stated somewhere? I hope it is at the start of the game. It is very hard to change a games reputation through patches and alterations after the initial reputation has been established at the start of the game.

If Halo 4 gets the reputation at the beginning of the game that there are people constantly seeing through walls, holding up energy shields and trusting all over the place I think it may gain an unflattering reputation early on.

> > There will be gametypes without AAs.
>
> Did that get stated somewhere? I hope it is at the start of the game. It is very hard to change a games reputation through patches and alterations after the initial reputation has been established at the start of the game.
>
> If Halo 4 gets the reputation at the beginning of the game that there are people constantly seeing through walls, holding up energy shields and trusting all over the place I think it may gain an unflattering reputation early on.

Yeah, 343 has already confirmed it. A long time ago.

> > > There will be gametypes without AAs.
> >
> > Did that get stated somewhere? I hope it is at the start of the game. It is very hard to change a games reputation through patches and alterations after the initial reputation has been established at the start of the game.
> >
> > If Halo 4 gets the reputation at the beginning of the game that there are people constantly seeing through walls, holding up energy shields and trusting all over the place I think it may gain an unflattering reputation early on.
>
> Yeah, 343 has already confirmed it. A long time ago.

I must have missed that. Awesome! Thanks. You don’t happen to know and/or could link me to where that was said can you?

> > > > There will be gametypes without AAs.
> > >
> > > Did that get stated somewhere? I hope it is at the start of the game. It is very hard to change a games reputation through patches and alterations after the initial reputation has been established at the start of the game.
> > >
> > > If Halo 4 gets the reputation at the beginning of the game that there are people constantly seeing through walls, holding up energy shields and trusting all over the place I think it may gain an unflattering reputation early on.
> >
> > Yeah, 343 has already confirmed it. A long time ago.
>
> I must have missed that. Awesome! Thanks. You don’t happen to know and/or could link me to where that was said can you?

I don’t have a link, but I can assure you that it’s true.

> > > > > There will be gametypes without AAs.
> > > >
> > > > Did that get stated somewhere? I hope it is at the start of the game. It is very hard to change a games reputation through patches and alterations after the initial reputation has been established at the start of the game.
> > > >
> > > > If Halo 4 gets the reputation at the beginning of the game that there are people constantly seeing through walls, holding up energy shields and trusting all over the place I think it may gain an unflattering reputation early on.
> > >
> > > Yeah, 343 has already confirmed it. A long time ago.
> >
> > I must have missed that. Awesome! Thanks. You don’t happen to know and/or could link me to where that was said can you?
>
> I don’t have a link, but I can assure you that it’s true.

Ok. Well I hope that that does happen then.

I guess I would ask people to now comment on what they think of the idea of having gametypes without AAs overall? I personally think that if Reach would have been release with the TU and maybe just sprint start that it would have ended up having a very different reputation.

If i heard correctly there will be stripped down playlists.

> I would like to see a gametypes in H4’s playlists upon release that have no AAs.
> They could still have the customizable weapon start and perks, sprint, ect… just no AAs.
>
> The reasoning behind these individual things is so that the player can customize their own game experience, but I think that the AAs have an affect on everyone’s experience just as much as the individual.
>
> The current perks that I have seen seem to be things that truly do enhance the player’s personal playstyle and would have an overall low affect on the overall game flow and experience of the rest of the players.
>
> However, the AAs will drastically change the game flow and the experience of the other players. I would have said the same thing about sprint in Reach, but they seem to have done a great job of altering that feature and the base movement speed to fix that.
>
> Everyone could easily see that in Reach the playlists began with almost all of the AAs available in nearly all gametypes, but they all began to get slowly rolled back and taken away as they were seen to have too large and a harmful affect on the game flow. This left many with the idea that that was how Reach was and it game Reach this incredibly stupid reputation that was filled with constant jet packing and armor locking. It is a great shame because Reach has since become much better as Bungie/343 fine tuned their settings in MM and this game has become much better for the most part.
>
> I don’t want to see the same thing happen with H4 and I believe that adding a gametype that comes up just as much as the default settings would allow players to experience another direction that the game could go and keep H4 from getting an AA heavy reputation.

Eh… why not? Don’t have a problem with a playlist/gametype like that being in Halo 4.

Srry not good with acronyms what does AA stand for?

> Srry not good with acronyms what does AA stand for?

Armor Abilities. So in Reach that would be like sprint, jet pack, ect… In Halo 4 that would be promethian vision, thruster pack, hardlight shield, ect…