Gametypes with one life only (vote inside)

I would really like to see a gametype or an addition to a gametype where the players only have only one life. I don’t think it would be too hard to do, there would be a lot ways to implement this feature. They could make a 1 sided assault with one life or make a sudden death mode if there’s a tie in Capture the Flag where the players have one life. Halo has never really had a 1 life gametype (except for the bonus round in Dominion) but I think it could really successful.

one life modes aren’t necessarily bad it’s just everyone that plays them always drag the matches on forever by camping, using teamwork, and tactics

> one life modes aren’t necessarily bad it’s just everyone that plays them always drag the matches on forever by camping, using teamwork, and tactics

This. Kind of like why Elimination wasn’t so popular.

This could work for a Weekly or weekend hopper.

It be great for Assault (Bomb) and would feel like Counter Strike.

But wouldn’t want to see this as a everyday Playlist, but I guess if it worked well. could be added to Team Objective.

This would probably be great for a Competitive Play List. As CS was #1 competive game for a long time.

I’ve always thought that there should be an objective gametype with a limited number of player lives. So I’m up for this.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> one life modes aren’t necessarily bad it’s just everyone that plays them always drag the matches on forever by camping, using teamwork, and tactics

Thats why you alter the gametype so that camping isint a strategy. Search and Destroy in COD (and the CS equivalant) have the game mode set up so camping is the last thing you can do.

For a 1 life gametype to work, you need an obj, and for it to be 1 sided.

Make them FFA. I’m not even kidding, back when I use to have a personal server for Halo Custom Edition, the last gametype before my server would restart the cycle, was a FFA slayer gametype that everyone had one life, if you died, you lost, and was instantly kicked, granted people could rejoin, but still it really said something if you win the game, because it ends up being down to the two people with the most kills, and lived the longest.

VIP with one life used to work well.

I only remember issues in Custom Games being that some idiots didn’t realize that the VIP starts with only a Magnum, and so the Attackers would just sit outside the base in Scorpions, Hornets, etc. waiting for him to come out because they were afraid he’d kill them.