Gametype Idea: Space Marine vs Spartans

So i recently found out that you can make weapons act as hills and trait zones. And I just had an exam that i finished 40 minutes early so i had time to work out all the details.

It’s basically Juggernaut, except the juggernaught is effectively a Space Marine from Warhammer 40000. The Juggernaut gets a Railgun because its mass reactive like the Bolter (detonation after round has entered target)

The hill is attached to a railgun.
Universal Traits:
-Loadouts enabled
-forced Magnums as secondary weapons (PP wouldnt be fair)

Hill:
-Reduced movement speed (100% down, down from 110%)
-200% damage resistance
-non regenerating 300% shields
-player gravity 150%
-player jump height 150%
-bottomless clip for the Railgun (if you’ve played Fire Warrior, you’d know how slow it fires. The only downside is that there’s no reloading)
-150% melee damage
-50% weapon damage
-armour abilities disabled

Objective: Kill the Spesh mereeen

Other possibilities:
-Machine gun turret as the hill (Devastators)
-Jetpack as the hill (Assault)

Any ideas? Anyone?

Sounds cool. Is it possible?

> Sounds cool. Is it possible?

I found a video that explains how to attach hills to weapons, so it should be possible

Found the video

Only if it’s Commander Boreale.

I’d like to start off by saying Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

Secondly, I don’t really like this idea, not for anything to do with space marine (see above) but because I’m reluctant to give superpowers to hill denziens. There’s already a bit going for occupants (cover and/or elevation usually) and that’s somewhat balanced against grenade carpet bombing. Give them more health, a wicked punch, and infini-rail and you send that balance out of whack faster than a squig in a shokk-attack gun. It’s no good, particularly as beefing the defenders slows down gameplay by enforcing hill occupancy. Now if you beefed the attackers it might be another matter, say in a Space Marine V. Ork gametype where health and combat ability stays roughly the same but weapons change depending on if you’re attacking or defending.

For example, LMG’s and sticky detonators for in the hill (forced color green), rail guns and scattershots outside it.

> I’d like to start off by saying Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!
>
> Secondly, I don’t really like this idea, not for anything to do with space marine (see above) but because I’m reluctant to give superpowers to hill denziens. There’s already a bit going for occupants (cover and/or elevation usually) and that’s somewhat balanced against grenade carpet bombing. Give them more health, a wicked punch, and infini-rail and you send that balance out of whack faster than a squig in a shokk-attack gun. It’s no good, particularly as beefing the defenders slows down gameplay by enforcing hill occupancy. Now if you beefed the attackers it might be another matter, say in a Space Marine V. Ork gametype where health and combat ability stays roughly the same but weapons change depending on if you’re attacking or defending.
>
> For example, LMG’s and sticky detonators for in the hill (forced color green), rail guns and scattershots outside it.

Actually the Railgun itself is the hill, as in you actually have to be holding it to be the Space Marine, so only one player can have it. And its a free for all. Watch the video i posted above. And the Space Marines weapon damage is tuned down so the Railgun isn’t 1sk and all other weapons are useless, limiting the player to the Railgun. And the railgun is mean to be a Bolter (mass-reactive shells)

why mot give them a scattershot with reload and turn down the weapon dmg for the marine

> why mot give them a scattershot with reload and turn down the weapon dmg for the marine

Because the primary weapon of the Space Marine is the Bolter, firing mass reactive bolts. The only weapon like that in Halo is the Railgun. Hence, reduced damage railgun. The scattershot wouldnt suit, due to the fact that its useless outside 20 metres

A warhammer space marine would obliterate a squad of Spartans. Them to a spartan is as a spartan to your standard marine.

> A warhammer space marine would obliterate a squad of Spartans. Them to a spartan is as a spartan to your standard marine.

Thats why only one Space Marine is allowed