So…I started writing the title, then I realized I have not come up with a name for this gametype yet. If you have any suggestions after reading this, don’t hesitate to say them. I’m also looking for any criticisms on the idea to make it better. Criticisms being ways to improve it, not simply “this idea sucks”.
This idea could work in Free-For-All, 2-Team, and Multi-Team. Made with the Ricochet gametype as a base, each map would have three different neutral goals, usually at three different corners of the map. There will also be three balls on the map at a time. However, there will be a great number of spawns for the ball, making it almost impossible to predict where it will spawn. I’ve yet to actually test this with more than one other person, so I don’t know how chaotic it will be. On paper it sounds like a pretty intense gametype, but I want to know what you guys think.
- Three neutral goals as opposed to two team-goals
- Three balls at any given time as opposed to one
- Randomly spawning balls as opposed to predictable spawns
- Team-based or free-for-all
Some additional things to consider,
- Ideal map size. Small, medium, large?
- Ideal party size. 4-16 players?
- Hot-Potato timer. It exists for Ricochet. Can it be used for this gametype? How?
- Scoring and how-to-score. How many points? Can you throw the ball in or just run it? Vice versa?
Thanks for reading! I hope I could get some help developing this gametype into something interesting and fun!