Gamespot may have given H4 a 9.0 but...

…does not seem to have covered any kind of favorable coverage beyond 2 months.

Interesting read about Halo 4 online and Gold Live.

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/xbox-live-no-longer-the-gold-standard-6401861/

Well it is silly that we have to pay for online when PC gaming and Sony offer it for free and have the same exact experiences. We basically pay it to play Halo and Gears online since they are the only big exclusives on 360.

If they don’t give a good review big studios wont give them early copy’s of games, thus they wont have the advantage of day 1 coverage. In turn they lose site traffic and don’t gain as much revenue via ads. its a we scratch your back you scratch our setup where both companies win and consumers get doopt.

> If they don’t give a good review big studios wont give them early copy’s of games, thus they wont have the advantage of day 1 coverage. In turn they lose site traffic and don’t gain as much revenue via ads. its a we scratch your back you scratch our setup where both companies win and consumers get doopt.

Finally, someone that understands how business works and not just a blind, ignorant fanboy that would defend this game even if it meant death.

So true on many levels.

reviews are often colored by hype and excitement. If I had written a review after beating the campaign once, playing Spartan Ops once, doing neither of these two on Legendary for long if at all, and just dabbling in the multiplayer I too would have written a very favorable review.

Weeks later though the shine wears off quickly.

Yah,…remember that time XBL was down for 3 weeks?

Oh…neither do I.

You pay for quality.

> Yah,…remember that time XBL was down for 3 weeks?
>
> Oh…neither do I.
>
> You pay for quality.

PSN was down for 1 and a half months from, not a mistake on their part, but by hackers.

I see yourpoint

>
> Oh…neither do I.
>
> You pay for quality.

PC gaming is higher quality than XBL and you can play online for free. PSN has also improved a lot over the years and now offers everything Live does minus party chat. We are basically paying for internet access twice to be able to unlock the multiplayer portion of our games.

I pay 60 a month for internet. I pay less than $4 a month for XBL. Heck, in previous years I’d paid less than $2 a month for it.

I don’t call that “paying twice”. 99.999% of the time it works, when I want, and how I want.
100% of the time it works better than my friend’s PSN.

What PC gaming has is irrelevant to me, I have 0 interest in using a mouse and keyboard or sitting at a desk when I can lie on the couch and play Halo.

Add in Sony’s new patent to prevent the use of used games, and I have absolutely no interest in anything to do with PSN or Sony.

> > Yah,…remember that time XBL was down for 3 weeks?
> >
> > Oh…neither do I.
> >
> > You pay for quality.
>
> PC gaming is higher quality than XBL and you can play online for free. PSN has also improved a lot over the years and now offers everything Live does minus party chat. We are basically paying for internet access twice to be able to unlock the multiplayer portion of our games.

Let’s keep in mind that not all PC games are free to play online.

> PSN was down for 1 and a half months from, not a mistake on their part, but by hackers.
>
> I see yourpoint

You’re right, because failing to properly secure customer data is not their fault.

Everyone thought compromised XBL accounts were a result of fishing schemes, or people not having enough privacy settings, while using the same email and password for everything (like facebook). When everyone thought this the blame was mostly being placed on the individual and and person illegally using accounts. BUT when it came out that the perpetrators were using loop wholes with MS’s customer service call centers the blame shifted to MS and 1-800-4MY-XBOX. Rightfully so.

> I pay 60 a month for internet. I pay less than $4 a month for XBL. Heck, in previous years I’d paid less than $2 a month for it.
>
> I don’t call that “paying twice”. 99.999% of the time it works, when I want, and how I want.
> 100% of the time it works better than my friend’s PSN.
>
> What PC gaming has is irrelevant to me, I have 0 interest in using a mouse and keyboard or sitting at a desk when I can lie on the couch and play Halo.
>
> Add in Sony’s new patent to prevent the use of used games, and I have absolutely no interest in anything to do with PSN or Sony.

I just read about the Sony patent to block used games. They just made their death bed if that’s what they are planning for the PS4.

>
> Oh…neither do I.
>
> You pay for quality.

Actually I do, H4 matchmaking servers went down not once, not twice but 3 times over the first 3 weeks for days at a time! Most of us were in the backup hoppers - It was a complete joke.

But glad you remember as well. The servers are only coping now because 3/4 of the peak demand has strangely disappeared. Yeah paying for XBL - great deal.

> …does not seem to have covered any kind of favorable coverage beyond 2 months.
>
> Interesting read about Halo 4 online and Gold Live.
>
> http://uk.gamespot.com/features/xbox-live-no-longer-the-gold-standard-6401861/

maybe microsoft owns them. that seams to be their thing.

i agree that online multiplayer should be free, but i don’t see it happening. Xbox has no unique MP exclusives other than Halo and Gears(which is sad, considering that’s all i pay to play on the 360), most of the entertainment apps are on the ps3(free), also if xbox service is so good then they would have dealt with the hackers running rampant on GTAIV.

People still pay for gold? LOL.

People give microsoft all this slack for gold and whatnot YET the same exact company gives out free money to its people, around 25 to 30 $ a month which obviously can pay for a gold subscription, a new game if you only buy a new game atleast every 2 months, accessories, and even non xbox stuff

Personally it comes down to Customer Service. Xbox has done everything to make me happy. They even gave me 2000 MS points when I got the rings of death and they repaired it. In fact the turn around time for The repair and shipping was 5 days. I didn’t even miss the weekend.
The H4 DLC they gave me 800 points and told me to use it or wait a few hours for the fix. I have never had a problem with XBL.
PSN on the other hand kept kicking me off, so I called they found it was a “manufacturer defect” and wanted me to pay for shipping both ways. They also told me I would get it back in 2-3 weeks.
I returned it seeing as I had it for less than a month. My friend had his account hacked with their network failure and all he got was “sorry wont happen again.” My kids say that when they think they will not be caught next time.
Computer Internet… Ooo I have to pump 3-4 grand each year to keep up with tech or I lag like hell even if my game just does a minor update. Anti virus software is 60 bucks a year on top of it, and any site where people trash talk you better have it. Just playing FFXI I had 25 or more attempts to accesses my computer remotely.

If you have a good experience with a service or game stay but if its bad then leav. That speaks more then any rant.

I’m not sure why this is directly connected with Halo 4 beyond not having gold not allowing you to access parts of games (which is silly).

However I don’t see Microsoft forgoing having customers pay for Xbox LIVE anytime in the near future. It’s a huge cash cow for them. The only way they give up charging for XBL gold is if they start losing customers quickly AND their competitors have better services.

Its because H4 is the lastest inhouse release from -Yoink!- and they made Spartan Ops XBL-gold only for no good reason - no offline play at all, its just to try and drum up more gold subs and re-enforce the idea that you ‘need’ gold to play.

Do u guys enjoy having access to DLC earlier than PSN… The amount of games that have special offers exclusive to Xbox and not PSN is quite big. I have friends that bought skyrim on play station and don’t have access to newest DLC yet… Same deal with COD games I have played.

Also the free apps… Many of those came to XBL first before making an appearance on PSN… We are paying for quality and content…

There is no UFC app on PSN… And spartan ops requires Internet and gold because it is from 343i servers and it cost money for them to provide… That’s why we had to download it and it wasn’t on disk. The only have so much to work with. Bit rate wise…