Gamescom Halo Wars 2 Update

For those who are interested. Awakening the Nightmare, spectator mode, arena tournaments, new multiplayer maps, 4K and HDR support, etc.

Link: Gamescom Halo Wars 2 Update

You and me Plastic, doing the same thing lol

Concept art is pretty dope

Edit: Curious about what arena tournaments will be like

> 2533274862181038;1:
> For those who are interested. Awakening the Nightmare, spectator mode, arena tournaments, new multiplayer maps, 4K and HDR support, etc.
>
> Link: Gamescom Halo Wars 2 Update

Wow thanks for that link …the art is amazing. I bet the guys from Rick and Morty would even be impressed haha. I like the new map’s look and names as well. September 26th can’t come soon enough.

> 2695457991280734;3:
> Concept art is pretty dope
>
> Edit: Curious about what arena tournaments will be like

I’m going to do some research on it, I’ll share later!

all the news is great and thank you OP for sharing.

but did you all notice the hero unit in one of the bottom pictures. looking like another infantry hero and a brute but his y ability is what had me intrigued. it is just a little cross hair symbol and it looks like it was recently used, is it related to all the glassing beams going off in the picture or not at all? and they give the hero’s name
Pavium

oh and it tell you what the next incoming wave will consist of, idk if that was a feature from before hand or not just noticed it and was like what a great idea haha.

Great news, Looking forward to those tournaments and spectating.

Yeah for tournaments! My body is ready!

> 2533274927740213;5:
> > 2695457991280734;3:
> > Concept art is pretty dope
> >
> > Edit: Curious about what arena tournaments will be like
>
> I’m going to do some research on it, I’ll share later!

worddddd thanks man

Did you guys see the mega turret in the video…?

How about the Lich Vangaurd (flying scarab beam of death)?

Not going to call something OP lol… But I’d like to know how that might be balanced. Base slot version of a siege turret I guess haha. RIP UNSC

They added spectator mode so you guys can stop complaining. All hail 343​:medal_sports::medal_sports:

> 2533274927740213;5:
> > 2695457991280734;3:
> > Concept art is pretty dope
> > Edit: Curious about what arena tournaments will be like
>
> I’m going to do some research on it, I’ll share later!

They mention “Xbox Live tournaments,” so I assume they’ll organize something through Arena on Xbox Live (as they do for Killer Instinct).

> We also announced on stage that the team is working on building support for Spectator Mode and Arena functionality. That means you’ll be able to watch other player matches online and you’ll also be able to compete in broader Xbox Live tournaments where you can definitively prove Yapyap THE DESTROYER is the best Leader. Ever.

> 2535409067250374;10:
> Did you guys see the mega turret in the video…?
>
> How about the Lich Vangaurd (flying scarab beam of death)?
>
> Not going to call something OP lol… But I’d like to know how that might be balanced. Base slot version of a siege turret I guess haha. RIP UNSC

Could only be in Firefight

> 2533274927740213;13:
> > 2535409067250374;10:
> > mega turret
>
> Could only be in Firefight

I don’t really see it toooo much a problem really. Maybe it’s only on mini bases. Maybe it’s weak. It’s a cool idea really.

Looked like it auto targeted though. Gonna be a great addition to banished defenses (bye bye UNSC)… Could you imagine… Base shield, Invis gen, watchtower, anti air turret and a couple mega turrets on a base? Throw in a couple blisterbacks maybe. Bam.

We should see more in the near future. Looking forward to it!

> I haven’t started the campaign yet but have played a fair amount of FF - it’s pretty great IMO. Grim and I will get a stream or two going in the next few weeks to show it off more along with the two new leaders. @ske7ch343

> 2533274862181038;15:
> We should see more in the near future. Looking forward to it!
>
>
> > I haven’t started the campaign yet but have played a fair amount of FF - it’s pretty great IMO. Grim and I will get a stream or two going in the next few weeks to show it off more along with the two new leaders. @ske7ch343

If it is necessary…