Gamertag Location Upgrade

Did you ever want to game with local people but never could find gamertags? What if there was a way to locate people in your area and actually play with them. Would you do it? Think of how much stronger the gaming community could be if local people could actually discuss the game in person as much as we do in the forums. Wouldn’t that be awesome? What if in Halo 6, there was an option that would place your gamertag in the town you live in as your home base. Not your address but just your town. Would you be ok with that? I wouldn’t mind playing some games with local people. What’s your opinion?

I would say yes, but only to a point. There’s already an established place on your XBL profile for location, so if they pulled off that I’d be okay with it, because that information is voluntary.

> 2533274820334450;1:
> Did you ever want to game with local people but never could find gamertags? What if there was a way to locate people in your area and actually play with them. Would you do it? Think of how much stronger the gaming community could be if local people could actually discuss the game in person as much as we do in the forums. Wouldn’t that be awesome? What if in Halo 6, there was an option that would place your gamertag in the town you live in as your home base. Not your address but just your town. Would you be ok with that? I wouldn’t mind playing some games with local people. What’s your opinion?

That seems an invasion of privacy.

That does seem borderline “invasion of privacy”. I think that if people really wanted others to know where they were located at, they’d actually put their city and/or state on the gamertag profile

Would be cool