Gamertag change and Halo Waypoint

Hi there,

I recently changed my Gamertag and can’t access my Halo Waypoint via a search for my new Gamertag, only via my old one.

Does anyone know how to get the Halo Waypoint records to update so my statistics are referenced under my new Gamertag? I’ve signed in to the service on my Xbox 360 since making the change.

Many thanks!

Dextress

When I changed mine it took just a couple of hours before it showed the change, although the change isn’t apparent in the forums.

Have you also played at least one game of Reach? I think that’s a requirement too, not just booting up your 360 or the Waypoint app.

best thing to do is wait.

It’s really annoying me, does anyone now how to fix it?

I imagine you would have to wait at least 24 hours before noticing a change. I do wonder if usernames on here would change also…

This may or may not help you, but it is worth trying.

I had my email hacked last year which prompted me to change the email I had attached to my gamertag. After the change, I noticed that I couldn’t use my new email to log in to Waypoint, I would get a message saying “gamertag is already in use.” During that time I was forced into using my old email address to log into Waypoint.

However, like you, I recently changed my gamertag. Afterwards, I noticed that I could log into Waypoint with my new email account and that my new gamertag appeared.

I think this is where the problem lies. In order to see your new gamertag on Waypoint, you might need to attach a new email account to your gamertag. I don’t think that the Waypoint login system has the ability to notice if you changed your gamertag. As long as you keep using your old email account to login, Waypoint will show your original gamertag.

Basically what you need to do is create a new Waypoint account. Attach a new email account to your gamertag, and create a new account using that email. Once you are logged in, your new gamertag should be visible.

I’m having the same problem, it would be nice if it could be updated so I don’t have to make a new account and lose my whole post history.

> Hi there,
>
> I recently changed my Gamertag and can’t access my Halo Waypoint via a search for my new Gamertag, only via my old one.
>
> Does anyone know how to get the Halo Waypoint records to update so my statistics are referenced under my new Gamertag? I’ve signed in to the service on my Xbox 360 since making the change.
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Dextress

Hey, Dextress. Could you give us more details about what you’re currently experiencing, please? Are you not able to access your stats here on the website or is it your career on the console version of Halo Waypoint that’s causing issues?