Gamers Act Like Spoiled Children These Days

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not make posts flaming/attacking others.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

What happened to the days when people bought a game and enjoyed it; even if it wasn’t made exactly the way they wanted?

I’ve never beaten Mega Man 1, but I didn’t cry about it when I was a kid.

There is some constructive criticism here, but for the most part its just people acting like spoiled brats, complaining because the game wasn’t made exactly like they wanted. People complaining about the story in campaign for example, guess what? Its not your story to tell. Halo is Bungie/343’s, and they can do whatever they want to the universe, -Yoink-, they’re the ones that invented it to begin with. People complaining about map design for Christ sakes, which colors they prefer, and when the colors aren’t “unique” enough they complain there aren’t enough maps. “Halo5 has 4 maps because they all look the same, we need more content!”…Or the threads about which weapon is OP. Today its the pistol, and the AR/BR/DMR are useless apparently; but last week the AR was overpowered and it makes all the other weps useless from close to mid range. “Spray and pray!” I read a post saying that the pistol as it is in Halo5 is “not for Halo gameplay”, when this -Yoinking!- game was built on everyone’s favorite weapon the pistol! It was literally made famous in HaloCE! My favorite is people complaining about spawns, as this is always what salty players like to blame when they lose. Spawns or lag. Its never them, no way. I spawned and was killed once in a game where that is and has always been a legit strat…the game is broken. Or it happens twice and they cry because “I couldn’t even move all game!” I have yet to be spawn camped in this game, maybe I should play the lotto.

I hope to God 343 doesn’t give in to the morons on these forums who -Yoink- and moan about tiny details that they blow WAY out of proportion. I understand if you’re a big fan of the game and it changes in a disappointing way, but making threads like “This game is broken because of Sprinting” is retarded.

What happened to the days when developers released finished games?

I think you need to spend some time away from this board because that’s just the nature of an online forum. People complain… A LOT. It’s because there can only be so many posts about “OMG THIS IS SO FUN!” without any original content. Humans are always discontent (and there are a lot of children on here) and so they complain about what they can.

Do what I do, don’t read the complaining posts and just read the bigger threads with ideas and posts about tips and tricks.

To each their own. Everyone has an opinion and online forums are where people express these opinions. A lot of people expressed their opinion when Reach and H4 released and a lot of things were changed because of the feedback that was provided by the community. Maybe this will happen again with H6, with certain aspects of the game that can be improved upon due to the feedback that has been received. As you said, some posts are constructive and others are not so much, but it doesn’t change the fact that it brings up topics that probably should be discussed.

No one can stand the fact the someone else has a different opinion to them, people will also try and justify there own opinion even though they know its wrong to try and not look like a fool. There are also a lot of uninformed fans that either don’t understand certain aspects of the Halo universe or game development itself.

When you mix theses ingredients together every one starts to become self entitled and starts to believe there way of doing things is best. Part of the problem is also 343 themselves making stupid changes to the Halo franchise itself such as terrible UI and lack of certain classic playlists.

But everyone has there own view on what Halo should be so no matter what 343 does they will always receive a backlash from the fans.

> 2533274818521550;2:
> What happened to the days when developers released finished games?

/Thread

Gamers act like spoiled children… That’s not a coincidence

> 2533274818521550;2:
> What happened to the days when developers released finished games?

You mean when it was impossible to push patches to games? Those games still had plenty of bugs. They even released updated versions of the games but the people who bought the originals didn’t get the fixes. Going by the random nonsense people post on these forums, if it is something you can imagine, it should have been in Halo 5 at launch. Using that logic you can say every game ever made cut content.

In other words, this question is a strawman.

People cry about everything cause they know that people will eventually listen.

The customer is always right and we’re all paying customers.

> 2533274890800227;8:
> > 2533274818521550;2:
> > What happened to the days when developers released finished games?
>
>
> You mean when it was impossible to push patches to games? Those games still had plenty of bugs. They even released updated versions of the games but the people who bought the originals didn’t get the fixes. Going by the random nonsense people post on these forums, if it is something you can imagine, it should have been in Halo 5 at launch. Using that logic you can say every game ever made cut content.
>
> In other words, this question is a strawman.

You know what, the OP speaks about gamers in general. So did I. So I make it as simple as possible and ask you: Do you really think that Destiny didnt cut out content to sell it later?

On another note: If it is something you can imagine. lol. People dont aks for flying Dinosaurs and 200 people multiplayer. They ask for simple things like gamemodes that have been in every Halo since its original in 2001.