Gameplay Question For ....

Someone that played Halo 4. How does the movement feel? More like, how does the gameplay feel? I am very curious because I have been playing a lot of Reach the last two weeks to prepare myself for Halo 4, then I realized tonight that what if I’m playing the wrong Halo game to prepare? I put in Halo 3, played a couple games and hated it. It just felt slow.

So, how is it?

it feels a lot more like a fast paced version of halo 3 than reach with the movement and weapon side of things (due to universal sprint and a health system more like three’s). the ordinance and custom loadouts affect gameplay on a positive. and if you’re worried about the killfeed being in the way, it’s barely noticable once you get into it. didn’t get a chance to use the suppressor, sticky detonator and railgun but the incineration cannon, light rifle and scattershot and boltshot are really good weapons, dual firing modes are interesting too.

edit- watching gameplay is not like playing it, as watching you notice things the player wouldnt. but the game feels great, nothing like CoD like some people have said and still has the halo feel to it.

Like a mix of reach and 3. The overall gunplay of Reach and the movement of 3 with a mix of CE and 2.

> Someone that played Halo 4. How does the movement feel? More like, how does the gameplay feel? I am very curious because I have been playing a lot of Reach the last two weeks to prepare myself for Halo 4, then I realized tonight that what if I’m playing the wrong Halo game to prepare? <mark>I put in Halo 3, played a couple games and hated it. It just felt slow.</mark>
>
> So, how is it?

I got the same feeling. When it was new it felt much more faster but after Reach it feels boring and slow.

Many people have been saying that reticule doesn’t “stick” to people like in Reach and gameplay is much more faster paced (increased moving speed and jump height) and interesting (because of AAs).

I think that Halo 3 and Halo Reach made a baby (Halo 4) and it got all the good genes.

> > Someone that played Halo 4. How does the movement feel? More like, how does the gameplay feel? I am very curious because I have been playing a lot of Reach the last two weeks to prepare myself for Halo 4, then I realized tonight that what if I’m playing the wrong Halo game to prepare? <mark>I put in Halo 3, played a couple games and hated it. It just felt slow.</mark>
> >
> > So, how is it?
>
> I got the same feeling. When it was new it felt much more faster but after Reach it feels boring and slow.
>
> Many people have been saying that reticule doesn’t “stick” to people like in Reach and gameplay is much more faster paced (increased moving speed and jump height) and interesting (because of AAs).
>
> I think that Halo 3 and Halo Reach made a baby (Halo 4) and it got all the good genes.

You know? I really cant argue with this. I was half expecting the OP to get flamed by the Halo 3 fanboys for saying Reach was better. But looking back I cant argue. Reach technicaly is slower, but with better connection, anti-aliasing, hitscan, it felt like I could make shots count. I was playing Halo 3 yesterday for a bit before I got bored and switched back to Reach.

The more I think of it, the more I believe I still have Halo 3 only for nostalgic purposes.

I absolutely thank everyone that hasn’t flamed me for my post because I wanted a straight forward answer and explanation. If anyone has anything to add it would be a great conversation to continue.

> I think that Halo 3 and Halo Reach made a baby (Halo 4) and it got all the good genes.

Best description ever. :smiley: